• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

My neutron Amp is pretty awesome for turnover shots. It does me proud every time I call on him. (Yes, all of my discs are male.)

All of my discs are gentlemen of the sport. They are very professional. The only one that had behavior problems has been traded in.

I love my FR Amp. It holds anhyzers really well though it did take quite a bit of a beating before it was able to.

The core of it has gotten quite soft though. Has anyone else noticed that with their first run or other MVP discs? (My volt I got at the same time/use is still quite firm)

Ya know I never did do an Amp video after I got some of the later runs that fly nicely. Think I should or is it too late for anyone to care?

Bring the video Mike C. I definitely care for your awesome videos. Were you thinking of some field work comparing old amp, new amp and volts or something like that?

I was throwing my Amp on hole 9 at the River's Edge DGC at Burchfield Park near Lansing in Michigan last weekend and landed on the road of the parking lot. Started walking to my lie when a huge diesel pickup truck rounds a curve and intentionally goes out of his way to run over my Amp. Still flies the same!

^Damn driver! Had a guy in a park lawnmower do that once to my old 11x champ firebird a few years back and it actually flew better after it was like an instant break-in. lol'

Just picked one of these up in Neutron/167 (Black) over the weekend. In the hand it feels like a Valkyrie to me so I checked the PDGA measurements which are scarily similar to a Valk. My first open field throw with it I let it go at about 75% and it went laser straight about 330, I never saw it fade a bit. Second shot was a downhill hole that loses about 30 feet in elevation on a 330 foot hole. I overshot the basket by almost 100 feet and landed on the next tee, almost in the lake. I saw the guy at the next tee walking by the disc giving that "What the hell what that...." look. Again, laser straight with maybe 4 feet of fade.

I think we're going to be great friends - I'm wondering what Hyzer Flips are going to look like once I've got 100 throws on this beauty. I'm starting to wonder if I should have picked up a heavier one and also if I should get a Shock.

I think we're going to be great friends - I'm wondering what Hyzer Flips are going to look like once I've got 100 throws on this beauty. I'm starting to wonder if I should have picked up a heavier one and also if I should get a Shock.

The Amp is an awesome disc. I've had many of those "What the heck was that?" responses when passing by bigger groups. It's a very workable disc, and hyzer flips are crazy predictable.

Ya know I never did do an Amp video after I got some of the later runs that fly nicely. Think I should or is it too late for anyone to care?

You should definitely do one :thmbup:

I was throwing my Amp on hole 9 at the River's Edge DGC at Burchfield Park near Lansing in Michigan last weekend and landed on the road of the parking lot. Started walking to my lie when a huge diesel pickup truck rounds a curve and intentionally goes out of his way to run over my Amp. Still flies the same!
Dude, I love Michigan, but some of the hilljacks up there are too dumb for words. I'd have thumbered an expendable disc at his P.O.S truck and given him something to cry about.

On the other hand, maybe I need someone to do something similar to my Amp. It's taking forever to break in, and is frustrating the hell out of me. I probably should pull my Volt out of my bag, and concentrate on breaking in my Shock and Amp, but I really do like watching my Volt fly.

edit: Mike, I'll second the poster above me. I'd love to see your take on the Amp.

I have a FR Amp and they will break in and become understable. Lots of tree hits helps speed up the process!

or this for the short term
tuningup.jpg