• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

I throw Amps around 300'ish and they really holds the line very well with good snap. It even gets better with some seasoning.

I finally thrashed the crap out of my fr white amp, and it is pretty awesome now. Back in the bag! :)

you just need a little more snap on that thrown and it will hold it. also lower. if the amp has enough height it will fight back.

Ok problem solved! It turned out to be the disc. I bought a new amp today just because I've heard a few references to first run white amps being more sable. First throw with my new amp was a beauty. That slow right moving turn was exactly what I was hoping for. Now I don't have to think about kicking amps out and rivers in......just need to get some new amps.

:thmbup:

im going to try my new amp against my river one more time. The river is just too controllable on turnovers, hard to see replacing them.

I actually gave up the rivers and went with the amp, I found i had more control with the amp

Hit my second ace ever today with my black 173g amp here at Baugo Park, hole 3 (238 feet). Switched over to MVP plastic this season and I'm not looking back. Even hit the basket a few times lately with my Ion and Tangent.

River vs Amp.. It's tough. I seem to handle the Amp better but the understable slot seems to be the hardest to fill in my books.

River vs Amp.. It's tough. I seem to handle the Amp better but the understable slot seems to be the hardest to fill in my books.

I think it partly depends on what you want out of that slot. I've been throwing Underworlds there because my number one concern for my US driver is getting it to turn in all conditions (especially when lower power throws are necessary): Underworlds are easier to turn over than Rivers and Amps, and for my 300ish feet of power, it makes a difference.

Amp is a great disc though, no question. Holds lines like a champ, and pretty wind resistant for an US driver.

I think it partly depends on what you want out of that slot. I've been throwing Underworlds there because my number one concern for my US driver is getting it to turn in all conditions (especially when lower power throws are necessary): Underworlds are easier to turn over than Rivers and Amps, and for my 300ish feet of power, it makes a difference.

Amp is a great disc though, no question. Holds lines like a champ, and pretty wind resistant for an US driver.

Sometimes I want a straight tunnel shot from that slot.. But I want the disc to generally fade out to the right. Slowly ease that way. THe River doesn't want to fly very much and the Amp is just.. Well I am not 100% sure.

Sometimes I want a straight tunnel shot from that slot.. But I want the disc to generally fade out to the right. Slowly ease that way. THe River doesn't want to fly very much and the Amp is just.. Well I am not 100% sure.

Sounds like you want the Underworld to me.

I'm going through the opposite right now. I have my left-to-right shot taken care of, but I'm not sure if the Underworld is my long term answer for a straight tunnel shot: I'm getting better at hyzer-flipping it, but it's finicky, and if there's any significant wind, that already-touchy shot becomes that much harder. This is why I'm test driving the Amp, to see if it's good enough at straight shots with minimal fade to make it into the bag alongside the Underworld. I've only spent one round with it so far, so I'm as-yet undetermined: I like how the disc holds lines and handles in the wind, but I'm not really looking for a line-shaper here, I just want something that's dead straight. The Amp may not end up being that for me, but that certainly isn't the Amps fault.

It's a good disc. If it doesn't make it into the bag now, I'll probably revisit it on down the line if the Underworlds ever get too flippy for me, or if I want to try something different.

The amp, at least the latest run amp for me.. is very hard to throw straight, as in no turn or fade tunnel shot.. now i have no problem throwing it straight with no fade, but i tend to have to hyzer flip it and let it turn over and end straight so it has a little S curve.. and its not always easy to get that hyzer flip shot nailed down to be very consistent.

I am LOVING my amp more than anything for turnovers that go forever and dont fade back like the first runs, i rip it hard, flat and high, it goes straight for a while then takes a nice big hooking turn that pans out and lands flat and far right (RHBH) on bombs.. but when i throw it level and flat it goes straight for a while, while slowly turning over and then its like it hits a tipping point and really turns hard and fast! its working great for shots where i wish i was left handed.. if i dont keep it high enough sometimes i get rolls when it hits the ground, but that's usually my fault for releasing it on an anny instead of letting the disc do what it does best on its own.

And of course the AMP's rim feels the same as my volt/shock so its very consistent releases for me! there are other discs out there that i would rather throw in place of the volt/shock, like the teebird or eagle.. but the consistency of release that i develop with the MVP fairways feeling all the same is a much better advantage to have, i think MVP will fill some gaps in the future and i will have what i want anyways and then i will already be familiar with the feel, so it will be easy to learn it and throw it right away.

Im banking a lot on MVP right now.. i am heavily invested and i trust that they are going to keep filling gaps and staying consistent, theres a bright future if they keep this up.

The amp, at least the latest run amp for me.. is very hard to throw straight, as in no turn or fade tunnel shot.. now i have no problem throwing it straight with no fade, but i tend to have to hyzer flip it and let it turn over and end straight so it has a little S curve.. and its not always easy to get that hyzer flip shot nailed down to be very consistent.

I am LOVING my amp more than anything for turnovers that go forever and dont fade back like the first runs, i rip it hard, flat and high, it goes straight for a while then takes a nice big hooking turn that pans out and lands flat and far right (RHBH) on bombs.. but when i throw it level and flat it goes straight for a while, while slowly turning over and then its like it hits a tipping point and really turns hard and fast! its working great for shots where i wish i was left handed.. if i dont keep it high enough sometimes i get rolls when it hits the ground, but that's usually my fault for releasing it on an anny instead of letting the disc do what it does best on its own.

And of course the AMP's rim feels the same as my volt/shock so its very consistent releases for me! there are other discs out there that i would rather throw in place of the volt/shock, like the teebird or eagle.. but the consistency of release that i develop with the MVP fairways feeling all the same is a much better advantage to have, i think MVP will fill some gaps in the future and i will have what i want anyways and then i will already be familiar with the feel, so it will be easy to learn it and throw it right away.

Im banking a lot on MVP right now.. i am heavily invested and i trust that they are going to keep filling gaps and staying consistent, theres a bright future if they keep this up.

I hit a rock with my Amp and part of the rim is like ripped off. Think that's influencing the flight path at all?

I had part of my Volt's rim shredded from something it hit while I threw a roller. I just took a utility knife and carefully carved out the small part that needed to be removed, and sanded 'till smooth. It still flies perfectly. :thmbup:

My amp might be a bit flippy, but yeah i cant really throw mine straight. Id be powering down to much if i was trying to get it to fly straight. Very reliable anhyzers and turnover shots, just gotta make sure its not thrown too low so it doesnt turn over into the ground. I can even give it a fair amount of hyzer and watch it flip over into a turn.. never likes to flip up and ride a straight line.

If i start trying to get it out to 400 feet its gonna need some room as opposed to getting it to 350 where it behaves just like its shown on inbounds. I like my katana or d4 for the shots closer to 400 and beyond.

I dont like to use the amp for anything under 325 really... My M4 can cover the shots where id need something understable at about 280-330.. and the PA4 for anything under 280

This is what my Amp looks like. Should I cut it?

Attachments

• 20130619_201338.jpg
    20130619_201338.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 20130619_201346.jpg
    20130619_201346.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 36
This is what my Amp looks like. Should I cut it?

take a lighter to it and get it nice and soft and then press it back into place as fast as you can.. to prevent burning yourself. You might have to do it a couple times but it should work.. then just sand it back into a smooth shape to match the rest of the rim. Use a rougher sand paper at first and then something finer to get it smooth afterwards.

Did this with one of my volts after blasting a tree and it works just fine now.

take a lighter to it and get it nice and soft and then press it back into place as fast as you can.. to prevent burning yourself. You might have to do it a couple times but it should work.. then just sand it back into a smooth shape to match the rest of the rim. Use a rougher sand paper at first and then something finer to get it smooth afterwards.

Did this with one of my volts after blasting a tree and it works just fine now.

How long should I hold a lighter to it?? That idea scares me.. I will do it but time estimate. I don't care if I get burned, I don't want to harm my disc.