• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

when is the blue from? its not unknown that the amp has some OS runs and why I never really liked it honestly. all the newest amps I have thrown and seen tho are like that pink.

Understable discs are weird... I think that's why just prefer to season in a stable disc but not as easy for sure.

I just got an Amp like the blue one, of course I get a stubbornly stable one. I think it will beat into flippy, eventually.

or bend the hell out of it wing tip to wing tip see if you hear any clicks and it works itself back to shape. but yeah the concave wings always fold over with time lowering the PLH. technically those blue amps would be "good" ones being the pinks will get flippppppppy.

Yeah it's impossible to say which runs they are. I got these two both pretty recently, blue one from Community pink at local shop that just opened couple months ago. I've got another like the blue one and I kinda like them, fly like seasoned newer Volts, little HS wiggle n less fade. Pink one I just got tonight n will throw tomorrow but I expect some serious turn.

New shop is awesome btw, he just put in 3 taps with local micros. Had a nice coffee porter while fondling frisbees.

yeah those 2 discs don't even look like the same damn thing. but neither do a few MVP I have around specially with that speed class. shock and volt wise it appears there is little to no variation these days but amps i have very little experience with and know they always changed in stability. I bagged a few just never jived with it.

or bend the hell out of it wing tip to wing tip see if you hear any clicks and it works itself back to shape. but yeah the concave wings always fold over with time lowering the PLH. technically those blue amps would be "good" ones being the pinks will get flippppppppy.
Yeah, that's my preference also. I completely agree with your earlier comment. V
Understable discs are weird... I think that's why just prefer to season in a stable disc but not as easy for sure.

Just kind of annoying b/c my MVP bag really needs an out the box flippy driver.

Switch, inertia, impulse, inspire. There are options. My Switch def turned off the shelf, now it's practically a flat release roller for me.

yeah those 2 discs don't even look like the same damn thing. but neither do a few MVP I have around specially with that speed class. shock and volt wise it appears there is little to no variation these days but amps i have very little experience with and know they always changed in stability. I bagged a few just never jived with it.

Mmhmm i could tell immediately that this pink was like the lite pink I got like two yrs ago and lost this summer, which I really liked. I suspect these with less shoulder will beat into something interesting.

Pretty crazy difference between those two. Haven't seen high PLH stable Amps since I got my testers years ago. I wish there was a way to determine when that one was made.

Just kind of annoying b/c my MVP bag really needs an out the box flippy driver.

Try the Inspire, Switch, Amp, Inertia or Impulse. If all five of those molds fly stable for you it's field work time :D

Switch, inertia, impulse, inspire. There are options. My Switch def turned off the shelf, now it's practically a flat release roller for me.

yeah ibag 2 switched and 2 interias most of the time which are understable for sure. Impulse and inspire are great additions i just have a bead crave and inertia so the models tend to overlap. something about the enhanced gyro i really like on these newer US molds vs the amp which i find a noticeable difference in flight and molding quality. I like how you can get 150 class to max weight of those molds too vs the first old MVP discs limited to heavier weights due to design of a larger core % of plastic width.

I'll have to try an Inertia at some point, sounds like my kind of driver. I really like this Amp, it's beautifully straight. Just need it to be flippy yesterday.

I just picked up a new mid blue Amp off of ebay. I've had a great red one for years. Side by side they look exactly like the two Toro71 has. The PLH on the blue one is high and close to the stability of my newer Volts.

I always thought my red one was too OS for an Amp and now I've got one even more OS. Really would love a flippy Amp but it would probably just overlap with my beat in Inertia which is understable awesomeness. There's just something about those original high speed MVP fairway drivers....

I'll have to try an Inertia at some point, sounds like my kind of driver. I really like this Amp, it's beautifully straight. Just need it to be flippy yesterday.

Might wanna try a Switch then. It's slower and easier to get up to speed, and just a tad more US than the Amp IMO. Also available down to.the mid 150's.

^ Agreed.

BUT, Inertias are also available in light weights. My 150 class (I think it's a 151g) Inertia bombs. It's my easiest disc to throw far. And it is also more understable than a new Amp.

So, the good Brother Dave has a couple of options.

I rock the 155 inertias and for my power it is more understable than the amps they kicked out of the bag.

I like my Amp... pretty neutral driver for my arm speed and seems to go a but further than other control drivers I've used. I should prolly for it more frequently than I do.

I went out and threw a bunch in the field today. That hot pink Amp is pretty flippy, hyzer flip into turn flippy, pretty close in stability to the new 168 P Inertia I was throwing, but they were different in the transitions, Amp had a bit less fade.

One of the two stable amps, the creamcicle one, which is not as new kinda seasoned, is awesome, hair less stable than the blue one, straightest driver I have, almost no turn and very gentle fade to around 350 for me.

Ive had 2 amps. I had a black one that was incredibly overstable. Loved it. Unfortunately it met a tree and finished its life in a tidal swamp lake.

I replaced it recently with a new pink one that is actually a bit understable. It was like they weren't even made from the same mold.

Traded an extra Tangent for a used Amp a few months ago and couldn't be happier... it's very understable but not squirrely like my River which was kicked out of the bag in favor of the Amp. Had my longest throw ever with it but am not sure if I should pick up another one or not because of how different it might be.

But I know I will eventually.