• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

That's a pretty Amp.

I haven't thrown one that didn't show significant high speed turn since I got my original 2 testers before they were released. Every other Amp I've thrown looks like this:

Note the hyzer release.

I'm surprised there are still more OS ones floating around. One of my buddies in Ohio topped out in the 300-320' range and he had no issues getting his to hold a slight anny to the ground or turn some when thrown flat, and his form was super clean. Had another friend with similar D but OATy form that would turn and burn them at 300' of D.

Yeah, I kind of feel like this one's just a little odd. I've only had 2 others, but they were both a little turny even off the shelf, and the one I didn't lose early on got to be predictably US before I lost it last week.

I kind of hope it seasons into like a tweener that falls between other Amps and Volts.

I got this Amp @ PIAS in Charleston (SC.) When I sank 2 Volts @ Trophy Lakes the first day of vacation, I went looking around town for replacements...much like here, Charleston appears to be Innova country. There was pretty scanty MVP at the PIAS there, and nowhere else I checked even carried any. So, it's possible this one was one of those earlier ones that were coming out wonky, and languished on the shelf there.

Seems like the early problems have led a lot of people not to try them, but I'm OK with them. I really think I prefer the turn of the seasoned one I had to the Inertia, which for the life of me I cannot seem to get dialed in on the way I want.

I feel like amps are similar to tangents in that sense where they really just get better with use for how most players want to use them.

Totally. The other's I had were kind of weird at first...like turn one throw, straight the next. But once it hit the sweet spot I was starting to be able to throw it on hyzers and get long straights and sweeping/shallow turnovers from hyzer, as well as more standard turnovers from flat.

Totally. The other's I had were kind of weird at first...like turn one throw, straight the next. But once it hit the sweet spot I was starting to be able to throw it on hyzers and get long straights and sweeping/shallow turnovers from hyzer, as well as more standard turnovers from flat.

Lost my trusty amp yesterday. I've had it since November 2012 and it's the first MVP disc I've ever lost, which is impressive since they make up most of my bag for the past year and a half or so. It was a perfect hyzer flip disc that I could throw with a little bit of hyzer and have it finish with almost no fade on a dead straight line (along with dominating the majority of my turnover shots). I'm almost lost without it right now. I don't think the inspire I have is beaten in enough to take its place. I must have looked around in the creek for 45 minutes with no luck too :| Maybe someone will be nice and call me back, or I'll go back on Monday and it'll leap out of the water into my outstretched hands

Lady of the Lake! Nice reference sir. Shall we speak of discs at The Round Table?!!!

Bummer guys. I still haven't replaced my trusty US Amp yet. To do so, I really need to eyeball a stack of them to make sure I'm getting the PLH/shoulder look I want...and I'm in Innova country here. I can only guess how far I'd have to travel to find shelves with significant gyro stocked.

Bummer guys. I still haven't replaced my trusty US Amp yet. To do so, I really need to eyeball a stack of them to make sure I'm getting the PLH/shoulder look I want...and I'm in Innova country here. I can only guess how far I'd have to travel to find shelves with significant gyro stocked.

New shop just opened in Charlotte. They have a small but decent stock of MVP. That's where I got my Crave and my buddy got a Impulse today. They have a sick black with orange rimmed 164 Clash I've got my eye on.

Another Round Disc Golf. Google it.

New shop just opened in Charlotte. They have a small but decent stock of MVP. That's where I got my Crave and my buddy got a Impulse today. They have a sick black with orange rimmed 164 Clash I've got my eye on.

Another Round Disc Golf. Google it.

Freakin' sweet. I'll have to give them a go. PIAS seems like they're always low on the MVP stock.

Lost my trusty amp yesterday. I've had it since November 2012 and it's the first MVP disc I've ever lost, which is impressive since they make up most of my bag for the past year and a half or so. It was a perfect hyzer flip disc that I could throw with a little bit of hyzer and have it finish with almost no fade on a dead straight line (along with dominating the majority of my turnover shots). I'm almost lost without it right now. I don't think the inspire I have is beaten in enough to take its place. I must have looked around in the creek for 45 minutes with no luck too :| Maybe someone will be nice and call me back, or I'll go back on Monday and it'll leap out of the water into my outstretched hands

Someone found my amp and called me back! Couldn't have made my day more than it did.

I need to get a couple more amps. I have two from when they first came out, none were bagged. Neither of them had any sort of turn, and flew stable. I thought it was that production of them so I never bothered with them. Until yesterday. Since I've been working on my form, I've been getting more distance, and my discs have been flying closer to their ratings. My Amp turned a most beautiful turn before fading back. BAGGED!! :clap:

I need to get a couple more amps. I have two from when they first came out, none were bagged. Neither of them had any sort of turn, and flew stable. I thought it was that production of them so I never bothered with them. Until yesterday. Since I've been working on my form, I've been getting more distance, and my discs have been flying closer to their ratings. My Amp turned a most beautiful turn before fading back. BAGGED!! :clap:

Amp is a beautiful disc. It's my US driver of choice.

I wonder if I should get another more recently run Amp. I got one of the early ones and it's pretty stable. Doesn't have very much turn unless I crank the heck out of it.

Now, the Inspire I just got is a dream understable disc although may be the slower speed, more understability or the fact that it's 161. In any case, I'd love to have an Amp or speed 8 fairway that turned like my Inspire.

I may try a light Impulse. Maybe that's the ticket.

I do love my Amp though. Straightest control disc I have and has a little fade at the end. It's a 172 domey red one. Love it.

I wish my 158 inspire turned more than my year old 172 amp.
The amp has too beautiful of a controlled s curve to not bag, where the inspire is straighter and shorter overall for me.
I use the witness for that shot for now...

Ive got a 167 impulse that turns more than either under power, but gets more distance than I need for when id reach for an inspire/witness.

Bump.

Picked up a 2nd Amp, this one 172, and it's also eye-poppingly HS stable, compared to the one I lost. Starting to think that one was a freak. These two are pretty close to 2 newish N Volts I'm working in right now, with one of the 2 Volts actually showing the least HS stability of the 4, by just a hair.

Hoping some wear will separate the Volts and Amps more, which I think they will. I'm missing that Amp, and I guess if these don't get there, it'll be more about going back to the Inertia and getting comfortable (r) with it.

Only thing I don't remember is, did that old pink Amp take a while to wear into the buttery turner it did?

After a couple years of off and on use, my Amp is just this summer turning more than just a slight bit.

After a couple years of off and on use, my Amp is just this summer turning more than just a slight bit.

Yeah, I remember the old one started out pretty HS stable, so I'm just going to keep throwing these, they're too new to really know for sure yet what they'll be.

Yeah, I remember the old one started out pretty HS stable, so I'm just going to keep throwing these, they're too new to really know for sure yet what they'll be.

If you change your mind and get sick of waiting to see what they'll become, I'd trade something for another amp :)