• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

Post is useless without pics. Also, why hold discs when you should be throwing them? Go, go, go!
He's got lots of work to do :)

Estimating 5:45pm Central, you'll have ZJ's review complete with iphone typos.

Bonus plot twist: he spends his lunch break going over to the driving range.

Hey zj, while we all patiently wait for your Amp impressions, a modest request: Can you take someone out there with you who possesses less than your bionic arm strength? :D

Hey zj, while we all patiently wait for your Amp impressions, a modest request: Can you take someone out there with you who possesses less than your bionic arm strength? :D

I doubt MVP would like somebody giving people realistic expectations about their discs before they are released to the unwashed masses.

Nah, I'll give it to y'all straight. I'm the most average thrower who's ever thrown, and I gave my feedback on the flight at the same time as ZJ. Due to me working hard and him not, I doubt we'll line up on today's after hours test session, but I might get time to hit a field very soon.

Wtf. I haven't even gotten an email from brad or UPS and you guys have them already?!
I usually get them in advance for photos, and always shipped to the warehouse, so (assuming it's public knowledge) ZJ and others will see 'em when they arrive.

Yours will probably arrive Friday... Quantum View notification was disabled for these tester shipments so that news didn't leak out early. Our sport's governing body screwed that pooch, so consider yourself Quantized!

I am happy to play a game where the price of a modest meal will satisfy much longer on the DG course.

Dammit, you want it, just buy one!

I've thrown my Amps

Holding off on the review to collect my thoughts(and drink beer)

If you like seasoned PDs or TBs you will love this disc. It locks in and booms.

Here's the first bit of my findings. Only had about 20 throws in a field with a still wind.

To start, I took 2 Amps and a Volt out to the Disc Nation range. I learned I should have left the Volt in the car, as my first 4 throws resulted in me trying to throw it like a Volt. It is a mistake to try to compare the Amp to the Volt, as they excell at different lines. It wouldn't be fair to MVP(for letting me test) if If I focused my review on how it compares/contrasts to the Volt.

That being said, what I'm about to write is the only time I'll bring up the Volt when analyzing the AMP. The Volt wants to flip and be worked - excelling at side to side movement in flight. The Amp likes to work straight, and it holds every type of true straight shot.

So I'm going to stop there for tonight. I need more time. I just wanted to make it clear that I hope everyone that buys the Amp, doesn't do so with the mindset of "I need to compare it the volt". News flash- you can make a lot of discs do the same shot when you try to throw them on the same line. It's when you step away from a preset "slot in the bag" that you can see what a disc is capable of