• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

I have to kind of adjust ZJ's, and other top throwers' reviews for my noodle arm.

But, less LSS than a new champ Leo, but more HSS than a Roadrunner sounds nice so far.

Amp like a seasoned DX Teebird? That would be a thing to behold.

I have to kind of adjust ZJ's, and other top throwers' reviews for my noodle arm.

But, less LSS than a new champ Leo, but more HSS than a Roadrunner sounds nice so far.

Amp like a seasoned DX Teebird? That would be a thing to behold.

Agreed. A beat DX Teebird can handle power and has no fade. So sweet. I would like the Amp to have a little more turn, but if it is a nice straight-line disc I think a lot of people will be happy.

I think it's going to be a disc that most everyone can control. I played with another DN staffer this morning and he threw the AMP some. He has between 350-400ft of power more or less. He was making it do the same lines I was(with less power) - hold hyzer, turn or go straight

I have a 171g white and 175g red. They throw pretty similar. I think this disc could be really popular because the turn and LSS is predictable. Still debating on the numbers. Probably around 9/5/-2/1 maybe -1/1

Its almost like a slower seasoned Orc

Last edited:
This is very exciting, then. Sounds like the Amp is going to be what I was looking for from the volt! December 7th can't come fast enough.

(Scratches head...)The Amp doesn't sound much different from my Hot Pink 174 Volt. I was hoping for more along the lines of Sidewinder/RR type of flight.

The Amp will turn like both of those but it's not a -3 or -4 turn in my opinion

It's easy to say it flies like a Volt, but it's not designed to fly the same lines. The amp wants to move forward on the line you put it on. The volt wants to flip and can give you more left to right. I can make the amp hold 425ft anhyzers much better than the Volt.

It's more forgiving to unintentional torque. I see the amp having a larger following, with the volt having a cult following

It isn't shaped like the RR or SW which have flatter wings. The SW is barely concave, and the RR is almost rounded on the wing. The Amp is concave with a a pd type nose. So to me it doesn't have a chance to fly like those 2 discs

Last edited:
Interesting thoughts considering I've never thrown a straighter long range disc than a Volt, and it holds a most beautiful anny. I'll check my mailbox when I get done throwing, I'm even more curious to try these after your impressions.

Would you say Volt = worn eagle, amp = worn TB to be a roughly fair generalization?

Yep dead on Mike

I'm not sure the avg rec player would be able to tell the difference in flight, but that's how every disc is to a degree

A golfer with solid fundamentals can figure out how they differ. I find the amp less nose angle sensitive. The volt required focus on nose angles. The amp doesn't

Overall, it sounds like the Amp is much more beginner-friendly, which should be a boon for MVP in the long term. I have a feeling, with my lower power, I'll be reaching for the Amp much more than the Volt, in ideal conditions.

Thanks for the reports, Zj, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Unfortunately nothing in the mail today. I was planning on doing another Volt video now that I'm actually used to the disc....maybe I'll wait until some Amps arrive....

Unfortunately nothing in the mail today. I was planning on doing another Volt video now that I'm actually used to the disc....maybe I'll wait until some Amps arrive....

No mail on Thanksgiving? :)

Looking forward to what you have to say about the Amp. Not that it matters. I've pre-ordered four. :p (One or two to give away.)