• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

Thanks for sharing that Zam. Any insider info is appreciated by those of us who follow MVP closely.

:thmbup:

Nothing in the mail today. Hopefully tbey arrive tomorrow so I can shoot a quick vid on my days off. Whenever I get them I'll post a wing comparison with the Volt.

I just got back from playing a round to find a package at my door...Eclosed was a red 172 Amp and a white 172 Amp. Here are some initial impressions...

In the hand it has a unique feel. It is fairly shallow, but for some reason it feels deeper than the Volt. The way the nose feels in the hand is also very different. I like it, feels like a PD with a little duller nose.

I just took them to the field alongside two Volts. It was a little windy and I threw all sorts of shots/distances, but mostly I was throwing them with power (I'll have to take it to the course to finesse it). They flew understable...Most shots were slowly turning for 90% of the flight. As ZJ said, they don't fly like Volts at all...Much more of a Leopard/XL/ASS type of line where the turn is slow and constant and there isn't much fade to pull it out. It has a speed closer to a SW/RR, but it does not behave like those discs. It has slower action.

Distance wise they were not going quite as far as my Volts (which I'm quite comfortable with now) except with a direct or left to right tailwind. Then there were pretty equivalent.

That's about all I should say until I take them to the course for more testing. Also I should note again that the Volts I'm throwing/comparing the Amp to are stable.

I think when you get it in calmer conditions it will fly a bit differently.

I had to really crank on Volts to get them out in the 425-475 range. The Amp gets up to 425 on much less effort

I have a feeling max weight Amps wouldn't have been flipping on me as much. I'll have a better idea of the stability when I get to the course and know when I'm throwing a 300' shot etc.

Will it hold a hyzer that has 50ft of left fade at the end of the flight? not really(assuming it went straight for 300+). You can put it on a hyzer and it will fade forward barely flipping off the hyzer

I appreciate the PDGA working with us to hold off on the info. It didn't go 100% as planned, but it's an important step for manufacturers. I'm posting this to you, Chuck, as a general Thanks to the PDGA and to make a case for why this should become the norm.

Here's the predicament manufacturers face:
Product launches are fun and exciting, and a huge part of that is the surprise factor that DG rarely experiences. It's too risky NOT to get a model approved before ramping up production for an expedient general release, so you've gotta get the PDGA involved.

I agree and always thought there was more info leakage than appropriate for manufacturers to have some surprise factor. I think the number of people copied on the initial test results email has been trimmed to only those insiders at the PDGA who have to officially approve the results. And manufacturers can now delay the posting of the announcement docs until ready. It's still a little looser than it could be but the procedure is moving in the right direction. I enjoy trying to come up with curiosity generating Announcement titles if the manufacturer doesn't have one in mind.

I agree and always thought there was more info leakage than appropriate for manufacturers to have some surprise factor. I think the number of people copied on the initial test results email has been trimmed to only those insiders at the PDGA who have to officially approve the results. And manufacturers can now delay the posting of the announcement docs until ready. It's still a little looser than it could be but the procedure is moving in the right direction. I enjoy trying to come up with curiosity generating Announcement titles if the manufacturer doesn't have one in mind.
:clap: :clap:
Fantastic! I'm encouraged by our early efforts.

I thought a good ol' HTML joke was prime material... "New Release from MVP & More!"

But then again nobody has hired me specifically for Obscure Marketing.

For those in the ATX

I will have my Amps at the store for public testing this weekend...or really any time I am at the store up until the Amp release. Just find or ask for Zach.

Would really like to see how it flies for everyone else

And yeah its kinda 20% off in store tomorrow

For those in the ATX

I will have my Amps at the store for public testing this weekend...or really any time I am at the store up until the Amp release. Just find or ask for Zach.

Would really like to see how it flies for everyone else

DTDers will be there Sun. after the Met mini.

Latest posts