• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

After about 4 more rounds with the anode, I've decided it's not going to be my putting putter. JK avair has that spot. With that said, the anode is a upshot machine! From about 100 feet out I've had no more then a 10 foot putt with it. It's in my bag as a mid-mid range if that makes sence. Anyone else have a similar experience?

I had the same experience to an extent, its going to be my new driving putter cause it had some sweet turn before a subtle fade. Without the bead I didn't have the same snap on it as I did with my ionor for putting and it also did seem to stick to the chains as nicely as my ion. That could be because my ion is a bit worn in and probably softer.

I've been getting some good wind practice in the last couple of days as the high temps went from the 80s to the 50s and now back to the 80s. While the Anode holds it's own in mild winds, I really found the threshold for it while throwing into moderate to strong headwinds. It was standing and turning from a decent amount of hyzer today, while my M/regular Ion refused to turn on a clean throw. In other words, although the Anode has stolen putting and 90% of drives/long upshots from my poor Ion, the Ion still has a solid place as it simply rules in the wind.

I am going to get to the course tomorrow to try my new anodes, but I really liked what I saw at the practice basket today and tonight. I have heard and read where people say the plastic is slick, but my putting practice today was in the rain and I never had any problems with my grip. I initially was going to wait for the softs, but I went to a local store that got a shipment of MVP and I got to feel the regulars and I really liked them so I bought two at 172g. I love how these look too.

I can verify that info...hopefully my testers will be on their way soon! I see these being the ultimate putter drivers! I can really see Mike C freaking out on these as putters and drivers.

Last edited:
Just saw Community Disc Golf (justin from the MP) post on FB that soft anodes are going to be on the selves by the 2nd of next month!
Yeah, I didn't want to blast this thread with it and make it sound like a salespitch. The word-for-word is that pre-orders open for resellers now and MVP expects to ship on Mon 2/27.

Let's all go back about 15 pages in this thread to determine that GGGT is the shop that will ahve them first. That WAS the next question someone was going to ask right? :D

I can verify that info...hopefully my testers will be on their way soon! I see these being the ultimate putter drivers! I can really see Mike C freaking out on these as putters and drivers.

You have no idea. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I didn't want to blast this thread with it and make it sound like a salespitch. The word-for-word is that pre-orders open for resellers now and MVP expects to ship on Mon 2/27.

Let's all go back about 15 pages in this thread to determine that GGGT is the shop that will ahve them first. That WAS the next question someone was going to ask right? :D

My home shop with my insider :D;)

I'm really excited for the softs. I love the Anode but I'm extremely biased against firm putters, so I feel like I'll finally be able to give this disc a real chance. Dunno if I can get away from my favorite S Ion for my putting putter but we'll see.

Good. I rarely use my medium Anode anything currently. Craving a soft to test out.

Gah... friggin putters. Putting better with my Summit lately. What a ****ty feeling it is to love a discs so much, such as the Ion, and be drawn away from it by a new love.

Such is life I suppose...

That would be odd. Buzzz is more stable. Definitely different discs. But if you carry an OS mid I guess it would work well.

i played 21 holes today using my Anode and ions mostly. the Anode is gonna be my short approach disc. that thing is AWESOME. It's more workable for me, anhyzers, dead straight shots, hyzers, it did it all today. I just prefer putting in the circle with my Soft Ion.

drove the anode 275' down hill into a stiff wind. Love that thing. I was a roc/buzz lover, but switched over to the vector/axis. Love that my vector holds the anny line and the axis I crushed out to 300' today. Anyone notice how the Axis really catches your OAT?

Anode is my new putting putter. I didn't think I would ever like a firm putter, but I love this anode.

I don't have it dialed in for approaches though. It seems to have a bunch of fade on approaches that I am not used to. The first time I threw it on an approach from 120' it ended up over 25' left of the basket. Sure, I might not have made the best throw ever with it, but my aviars would not have been that far away. I also notice the fade on those 50-80' "putts" where I am trying to hit metal and maybe sink it.

Overall it just seems more overstable than I thought it would be. It will hold an anny, but will fade out of a slight anny and will fade more on straight and hyzer throws more than I thought it would. For now, my aviars will still be in the bag for approaches and drives.

drove the anode 275' down hill into a stiff wind. Love that thing. I was a roc/buzz lover, but switched over to the vector/axis. Love that my vector holds the anny line and the axis I crushed out to 300' today. Anyone notice how the Axis really catches your OAT?
Ohh yeah, I noticed it today:mad:

I just got out Saturday for an Anode only round. I hadn't played for a while; as it seems this winter has kept the ground in a perma-mud state. Just doesnt seem to freeze and we got more rain than snow I think, so it is my least faovrite condition to play in. Especially since I went to a course that has natural tees, or at best, rubber mats. Then I had the fiance and the kids with me, so there was about 10-15 minutes between my throws so it took until they gave up trouncing through the mud before I could really start getting any sort of flow.

First drive, I gave it a little height but it seemed to do better as I went along and didn't do that so much. I felt like I was really starting to get decent snap on it the last couple of holes where; thrown about flat, it seemed to turn just very gradually; like 5-10' right in around 175' of travel, then finish forward. Keep in mind my rust so I am not sure if I had any OAT and I had been working on fixing my roll under issues end of last season.

Doing a few finesse annys; the thing really seemed to excel. Seems like however much anny I put on it, thats how much it wants to turn; which leads me to believe I am going to fall in love with it the more I navigate the trouble I often put myself in with it.

Putting; oddly enough, I was missing right and low. I am usuaully more of a loft style putter and I think I was trying too hard to putt differently, going a little more direct and snapping it. I will have to do some more work with it that way.

I look forward to getting out more with it and on a more regular basis. I plan on doing a bunch more putter only rounds and likely, Anode only rounds.