• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels like they're five years away from a baseline proxy.
Maybe an Atom would be a suitable substitute until then? I grabbed one of the new limited stamped ones and the Electron feels a little different in a good way. Seems a little more durable so far. It's the regular / medium blend

I thought it might be cool to but with the proxy but all those discs are so similar

So I'll continue this idea from the Tangent thread that I necro'd the other day. The tangent seemed to fit me game in the way that it took whatever line you gave it, and liked to be thrown firmly. Which other discs are similar to this?

If I wanted to throw together a "fun/tester" gyro bag that would be similar to stuff i throw (but perhaps simplified)
which discs would cover the shots of the core molds: voodoo, roc/roc3, alpha, wraith, and a distance driver that flies like a flippier wraith out of the box would be nice too.

Here's the current bag pretty much:

Main putter: Voodoo
Approach putter: Aviarx3
Mids: DX Rocs, wasp for RocOS, justice for justice stuff
Fairways: Hatchet, Alphas, FAF firebird
Distance: Wraiths, destroyer, xcal, world.

Thanks in advance for the insight, looking to just have fun with this, although that tangent seems to fit my playstyle well so maybe some of these will make the permanent bag.

So I'll continue this idea from the Tangent thread that I necro'd the other day. The tangent seemed to fit me game in the way that it took whatever line you gave it, and liked to be thrown firmly. Which other discs are similar to this?

150 class Neutron Crave. About as frozen string as a fairway gets, if thrown at power.

Plasma Volt for control/fast fairway...for low fast lines....high lines it will fade out.

If I wanted to throw together a "fun/tester" gyro bag that would be similar to stuff i throw (but perhaps simplified)
which discs would cover the shots of the core molds: voodoo, roc/roc3, alpha, wraith, and a distance driver that flies like a flippier wraith out of the box would be nice too.

Thanks in advance for the insight, looking to just have fun with this, although that tangent seems to fit my playstyle well so maybe some of these will make the permanent bag.

Anode
Envy
Tangent, theory, or axis
Resistor
Volt
Proton photon
Fission photon

But as many have said you could rock anode/ion, resistor, volt and be just fine. I'd put an axis in there between the putter and volt though.

Anode
Envy
Tangent, theory, or axis
Resistor
Volt
Proton photon
Fission photon

But as many have said you could rock anode/ion, resistor, volt and be just fine. I'd put an axis in there between the putter and volt though.

I'm thinking the Vector as a mid to compliment the tangent, and a volt as my first two purchases. Seems like The Envy and the Photon are the next runners up in popularity.

medium electron Ion, neutron Vector, heavy plasma Volt(dunno which alpha you have), neutron Wrath, plasma Inertia/Insanity :confused:

medium electron Ion, neutron Vector, heavy plasma Volt(dunno which alpha you have), neutron Wrath, plasma Inertia/Insanity :confused:

Id say anode vs ion. Vector is pretty much a roc3 so yeah but could peep the matrix for fun too. Volt 4 sure or tesla if you want little more beef. The wave-ish molds might be a good option for easy max d specially if not max weight but the inertia/insanity crush too for 10 speeds.

I thought it might be cool to but with the proxy but all those discs are so similar

I kinda wanted a baseline proxy for putting too but then Pilot was recommended... have you tried one? Nice and straight like proxy but has a nice forward glide- if that makes any sense - that just seems to want to extend crappy puts into the basket. I really like it.

To add to what others said, I really like the Relay for understable disc. So much fun to throw. Intuitively understable.

I played a technical course the other day and it was Relay, Volt, Relay, Volt. Proxy and Envy had some moments but the fairways we're the stars of the show. MVP discs are the best line carvers imo.

In my hands the Ion feels extremely similar to a Voodoo and flies like one when you beat the snot out of them. The bead is bigger but the rounded inner rim on the Ion makes it feel slimmer than it is so it feels out the hand about as much as a Voodoo.

Domey Vector for the RocOS/Wasp, flat and/or light Vectors for the DX Rocs or maybe Electron Vectors (they exist right? I can't remember) or Tangent. You're effed on the Justice, does not exist in the MVP world. You'll have to power down a Resistor.

Relay, Crave for straight Alphas, Volt for beefy Alphas, and I like Resistor for FAF Firebird but it is slower, Motion is great too, maybe Fireball*

Wrath for Wraith? Tesla works too. Photons for Destros. Unsure about XCal but I had a flat, high PLH N Photon that fit the bill. Dunno about World*

*(haven't thrown).

If you have a flat super beefy Xcal a Phase should be pretty close stability wise but more in the 11 speed class. The class that is closest to the Xcal are very domey whereas the Phase is pretty much flat... But if you want something faster and stupid beefy and don't mind it being domey, then the Energy is the one you want.

Last edited:
In my hands the Ion feels extremely similar to a Voodoo and flies like one when you beat the snot out of them. The bead is bigger but the rounded inner rim on the Ion makes it feel slimmer than it is so it feels out the hand about as much as a Voodoo.

I won't disagree with an ion with the snot beat out of it being like a voodoo but I think the Ion is more like a wizard and the Proxy is closer to a Voodoo.

I'd second the love for the Relay..

Thinking of giving a Teleport a try.. is the stability comparable to a D2 o D3?

If you have a flat super beefy Xcal a Phase should be pretty close stability wise but more in the 11 speed class. The class that is closest to the Xcal are very domey whereas the Phase is pretty much flat... But if you want something faster and stupid beefy and don't mind it being domey, then the Energy is the one you want.

This is all true, though I've thrown a Phase about as far as anything despite them not having quite the widest rim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts