• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk what wack courses you all play, but in MN we have plenty of trees. The electron is no where near what I consider "durable". My ion is laughable right now, and volt looked like hell within a month.

I'm gonna probably have to pick up a couple electron volts just because I only get to play like 3 times a month. At that rate it won't be too bad

I'm gonna probably have to pick up a couple electron volts just because I only get to play like 3 times a month. At that rate it won't be too bad

True, good call.

They do straight crush, but that plastic leaves a lot to be desires for daily play.

The Electron Volt is a must have disc if you love the Volt. It is reminiscent of FR Volt flights. Beat in quite nice but not too quick. Decent durability. No bubbles or warping yet compared to other Electron putters that bubble up after one hit. The rim has taken a bit more wear compared to Neutron or Proton, but not bad at all. I can't wait to set up a cycle of 2 or 3 depending on stability. The grip is awesome. For those cold and wet days its a dream. I will have to wait and see how they work once those hot summer days hit

I'm hoping with the durability of Electron it will beat into a nice slow turn over driver. I'm using a 168g Plasma Crave for that role right now and sometimes it just burns a little bit.

If it does the job it will be my fourth Volt that I bag. Only plastic I won't have in the bag is Proton because I find it to be a bit too overstable.

allstate-mayhem_01.jpg

Idk what wack courses you all play, but in MN we have plenty of trees. The electron is no where near what I consider "durable". My ion is laughable right now, and volt looked like hell within a month.

Just whack wooded courses like Maple Hill, Borderlands, 501, and the Hollows to name a few. Is my Electron Volt more beat in compared to a premium counterpart? Absolutely. But it is nowhere as beat in as other molds in Electron. Compared to the putters in Electron, the shoulder of the Electron Volt is comparatively stiff. Despite hitting trees and rocks, and yes some of them relatively close to the tee, there is no bubbling. All of my Electron Atoms have that distinct bubbling, some after just one round. Not so with the Electron Volt. It has lost its new OS but it has not gotten flippy at all.

Just whack wooded courses like Maple Hill, Borderlands, 501, and the Hollows to name a few. Is my Electron Volt more beat in compared to a premium counterpart? Absolutely. But it is nowhere as beat in as other molds in Electron. Compared to the putters in Electron, the shoulder of the Electron Volt is comparatively stiff. Despite hitting trees and rocks, and yes some of them relatively close to the tee, there is no bubbling. All of my Electron Atoms have that distinct bubbling, some after just one round. Not so with the Electron Volt. It has lost its new OS but it has not gotten flippy at all.

Wow sounds like you got a super volt then! Congrats!!

Well, new to replying in this forum, although not necessarily "new" to it.....been an MVP/Axiom thrower for quite awhile. Hopefully, I can add some insight/wisdom to the mix. Look forward to it! Stay tuned mi amigos!

School me on Plasma Servo flight. Doing a circuit event in a week and hoping to walk away with a disc that will make the bag.

School me on Plasma Servo flight. Doing a circuit event in a week and hoping to walk away with a disc that will make the bag.

flies like a J shape, depending on which way you threw it. definitely a solid J.

elmeltedicecream: dude how many trees do you hit per round? my goal is always to NOT hit trees. i mean are you just full power cranking discs into trees? why?

flies like a J shape, depending on which way you threw it. definitely a solid J.

elmeltedicecream: dude how many trees do you hit per round? my goal is always to NOT hit trees. i mean are you just full power cranking discs into trees? why?

Renee are we even doing the same hobby? Sometimes I wonder about you.........

Renee are we even doing the same hobby? Sometimes I wonder about you.........

I have seen her throw a few times and welp... She needs electron volts that we both know dont handle the "blasts" around here.

Hell hitting some roots at XYZ course just parking the damn holes killed an electron volt i cant even imagine some gravel like that one place lol.

We should have taken pictures of that janky ass volt... So fugly.

That J flight is a new one to me.

thsmoking2.gif~c200

Actually the past two weeks at the course, anyone whose seen my baseline ion has said something along the lines of "what the hell is that? do you seriously use that?"

Its so mangled up and looks awful. The grip feels like a completely different disc in different spots depending on the puddle top, fat lips, and bent rim.

Status
Not open for further replies.