• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are the popular MVP putting putter molds/plastics? I currently putt with pro Rhynos but really like how my electron Atom feels in my hand and the straight-stable flight. I know how everyone raves about MVP putters off the tee but what do you guys putt with?

So what are the popular MVP putting putter molds/plastics? I currently putt with pro Rhynos but really like how my electron Atom feels in my hand and the straight-stable flight. I know how everyone raves about MVP putters off the tee but what do you guys putt with?

Ion or die.

I have an extra purple electron atom. I seriously cant give it away to anyone local, they act like its plagued.

Are Gyro discs more nose angle sensitive? I can't seem to throw anything that isn't a mid or a putter that has an overmold for any kind of max D. I could get the PDGA stamped Inertia out to 360 but that was with absolutely no consistency. My Tesla was only good for FHs that had to go high or OHs that had to stay vertical the whole way. I loved my Inspire, right until the wind Inspired it into the lake. I'm thinking that getting a Neutron Volt and trying to get it out to 325 (my Eagle-X 7/10 goes about 340 with fade) in order to see if I can get more distance. If anyone has any suggestions as to other Gyro discs that would work to fix my form I'm open to them but I would prefer that it is a FW as I don't have huge hands and seem to throw FWs well.

Are Gyro discs more nose angle sensitive? I can't seem to throw anything that isn't a mid or a putter that has an overmold for any kind of max D. I could get the PDGA stamped Inertia out to 360 but that was with absolutely no consistency. My Tesla was only good for FHs that had to go high or OHs that had to stay vertical the whole way. I loved my Inspire, right until the wind Inspired it into the lake. I'm thinking that getting a Neutron Volt and trying to get it out to 325 (my Eagle-X 7/10 goes about 340 with fade) in order to see if I can get more distance. If anyone has any suggestions as to other Gyro discs that would work to fix my form I'm open to them but I would prefer that it is a FW as I don't have huge hands and seem to throw FWs well.

Ion.

The Envy and the Volt are both discs, that lots of the locals that forehand, have in their bag. Both handle torque very well and are not overly nose angle dependent.
Everyone needs an Envy, even with the nose up, it still flies like a beauty....but it flies so easy, it will not fix your form.
The Volt, in my opinion, is the MVP/Axiom Disc, that the flight depends the most on its Plastic. The Neutron sits right in the middle. You may want to go to the Volt thread to get the rundown on the plastics.

The Crave will cut some beautiful lines, but a bit more care is needed on finding the correct power with the forehand...at least for me. I would highly recommend it as it does FH, BH and roller duties wonderful though.

I no longer bag the Clash, as I rarely throw distance forehands anymore, but I could forehand it farther from a standstill than any other disc. I rarely see it in a backhand throwers bag though.

The Motion is the best Forehand utility disc I have thrown. Find a 150 class, is will still handle all the power that someone with your distance can create, and still be OS.

For pure form work, I would get an Alias. It flies beautiful, but will not handle torque. It is also somewhat nose angle sensitive, but not nearly as bad as a Theory. If the nose is up, it will fade early but not dump out like the Theory. It is touchy enough to make one throw well, but not so touchy that it is only good for field work.

Last edited:

Do you spin putt or push/pop/lob putt?

I do a push/pop and my main putter is the Atom. Other push putters I play with also use the Atom. The Spin putters I play with use the Spin.

I also use the Spin for putting, but usually only on hillsides. It lands flatter so there is less chance of the (in)famous MVP roll-away putt :thmbdown:.
I will putt with an Alias for outside the circle putts, as it has such good glide, but is still low profile, unlike Ions or Anodes. Yes, I know it is not a putter, but is feels like one in the hand.

^ I don't regularly bag the Alias, but it's probably my favorite one disc round mold. It is basically a longer Proxy, which is my putting putter, so there's not much adjustment for me there. It also can be used for turnovers similar to the Theory, but will hold a hyzer line much better than the Theory does.

My best score ever(-7) was playing a one disc round with the Alias. It was a very heavily wooded and technical course that needed lots of shot shaping.
Great disc.

I bought an Alias on a whim (175g Neutron) this past winter. Didn't think I'd need it as I carry an M4 and Buzzz.

I played Blue Ribbon Pines. I used it on hole 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11. I birdied every hole... it was magical. The disc just goes straight. It takes direction well and is very versatile. It could just about replace a Buzzz, but I still like to carry it as well

I use the pilot. Damn thing is money.

I use the pilot. Damn thing is money.

Me too. I tried to love the Atom wanting a base putter, but it didn't stick for me. With the Pilot, it has for me the right amount of turn at putting power that I can go straight for the basket in the circle without being too focused on turning my wrist just so to get the straight line I want. (This from a recovering hyzer putter).

Me too. I tried to love the Atom wanting a base putter, but it didn't stick for me. With the Pilot, it has for me the right amount of turn at putting power that I can go straight for the basket in the circle without being too focused on turning my wrist just so to get the straight line I want. (This from a recovering hyzer putter).

Yep, dead straight I the circle. Though wind is it's weakness. I've had some really windy rounds lately and my putting has been garbage. I'm contemplating carrying an e ion for those days (because I like putting with e).

Happened to be in PIAS as their MVP order arrived. They got a couple trace of spades, they look awesome in person, and the mayhem felt great in the hand. I now want one.

Weird... My local PIAS had them for sale today. I didnt grab a mayhem though. My bag is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.