• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can i preorder these? I only have about $350 to spend so hopefully somewhere with free shipping to max out my bang for buck. Thanks in advance.

I found myself another e vector today. Pretty stoked about that. A lot of you might not be fans of the vector or electron plastic, but it's okay that you are wrong.

Edit: if I can't make a circuit event next weekend there isn't one until September within an hour and a half of me.

You can have all the electron vectors in the world. Actually all the vectors at that rate. Have fun!

Which ones are the stable ones? The dome? Or the flat is the stable ones? Oh well. sounds like that type of guessing game is fun to some! Enjoy d-win

In order to test the max weight Teleport and Mayhem, I played sort of a best shot doubles at home course.

The Mayhem has a nice (not too popped, and not too flat) dome, and like the others in its speed class, feels full rimmed, but good in the hand. It has plenty of stability, hard fade, and good skip. The flight was very Octane-like, which was a bit more stable than I expected.

The Teleport was the nice surprise of the two. The first thing you notice is "that's a lot of rim." It gives a unique look to the disc, which I have to admit is pretty sweet. But once you grip it, it's comfortable. There is also a smaller dome than on the Octane class. Flight-wise, the Teleport is straight to moderate, sweeping fade. Of the two tested, it is more understable than the Mayhem, even considering its wider rim. I was able to get more lateral movement on annys, and more distance too. Overall I was really impressed by this first offering into the "warp speed" group of drivers. Noodle arms don't necessarily need to apply, but if they do, they'll get a very throwable disc.

Halcón, everything you wrote about the Mayhem & Teleport matches my experience with the two.

------------------------------------

The Axis doesn't get enough love these days, so I made this to remind everyone how awesome it is:

You can have all the electron vectors in the world. Actually all the vectors at that rate. Have fun!

Which ones are the stable ones? The dome? Or the flat is the stable ones? Oh well. sounds like that type of guessing game is fun to some! Enjoy d-win

Flat and domey are both overstable. Domey have more fade.

My go to Vector is a board flat 174g Eclipse with 5 or 6 years of wear. Still doesn't turn FH or BH. They fly the same in every plastic.

Last edited:
Having thrown the Teleport now, I'd say it soooo needs Fission. Having that fast of a disc being more accessible to arms like mine would be awesome.

Also, I have to admit that when I saw this 24.5mm class, I was sort of ready to dismiss it. But throwing is believing, and now I'm looking forward to the Relativity.

Mike, thanks for another great vid, especially featuring the best mid in the game. :thmbup:

Having thrown the Teleport now, I'd say it soooo needs Fission. Having that fast of a disc being more accessible to arms like mine would be awesome.

Also, I have to admit that when I saw this 24.5mm class, I was sort of ready to dismiss it. But throwing is believing, and now I'm looking forward to the Relativity.

Mike, thanks for another great vid, especially featuring the best mid in the game. :thmbup:

Thanks, appreciate it :)

I agree 100% on fission Teleports. My first field session with a max weight I was throwing longer than ever. I'm convinced a fission Teleport thrown just right in a tailwind would let me hit 600' on flat ground for the first time. For a long time my 145g Fission Photon was my longest disc during field practice.

I played in an MVP Circuit yesterday. Here are some profile pictures of the Particle (Stormtrooper white :clap:) alongside the Envy (orange w/white) and Spin (blue).

I would call the Particle a nearly beadless Envy with a sharper nose. Very similar flight. The Particle can definitely handle some power, but I wouldn't consider as overstable as a Zone or Sinus. I was really disappointed to find them all to have a bit of dome; though, it might have just been the colors I was looking at. The dome made it more difficult for me to putt with, because it felt deeper than I'm used to. I found it nice to drive both backhand and forehand. I did have a couple accidental backhand turnovers, but I attributed this a bit to the slight dome.

To counter my argument that this is not the overstable-Envy expected, I provide this example. One of my cardmates threw a nice turnover forehand that ended with the smooth, helicopter-like landing I'm used to with overstable putters. Mine was a 172g, so it might have been a weight difference.

Attachments

• EnvyOut - Copy.jpg
    EnvyOut - Copy.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 61
  • EnvyZoom - Copy.jpg
    EnvyZoom - Copy.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 53
  • FullSizeRender - Copy.jpg
    FullSizeRender - Copy.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 48
I played in an MVP Circuit yesterday. Here are some profile pictures of the Particle (Stormtrooper white :clap:) alongside the Envy (orange w/white) and Spin (blue).

I would call the Particle a nearly beadless Envy with a sharper nose. Very similar flight.

Does it have the same core as envy?
That plh difference is huge tho.
I dont know if dome on os putters have the same effect as on os drivers? Os drivers become less stable with dome.

I want it.

I currently bag 4 Photons and 4 Waves. I'm tempted to try to bag wider disc this year to see if I can get any more distance. I currently max out at 350', so I always figured that anything over the 21.5mm class wouldn't be for me, but it seems like the Mayhem is adding distance to everyone's drive.

Mvp does split some hairs with different molds though. Starts to get old lol. I can see why brut went SMH on the bit.

Then get me a wheelchair. I am all in on these. Still waiting to see where I can preorder. Cant wait to shave some strokes off my game. These look like the real deal.

Anyone think the Particle could be the proto 1 Electron putter? Looks very similar in those profile pics

Well at least we know now why they weren't "hyping" the particle. It doesn't make good business sense to promote a disc that is gonna directly compete with arguably their best seller... Not that it makes good business sense to make that disc to begin with...

Yea that what it sounds like. The typical MVP/Axiom counterparts. Particle has a slight turn and more fade and Envy is no turn and slightly milder fade. Be nice to hear some more reviews though...

Status
Not open for further replies.