• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
im so glad i told u and aimfor the chains about MVP and that you guys are happy tossers

Weird... My local PIAS had them for sale today. I didnt grab a mayhem though. My bag is complete.

They can lose their ability to sell MVP for doing that.

Edit: I don't think I need one really either, but it felt nice in the hand and they have one with red red combo that caught my eye.

Nope they still haven't released anything about the Particle or the Vertex midrange in the axiom vs mvp challenge pack.... I keep checking the PDGA site to see them pop up on the approved list...

I'm playing in a Circuit on Saturday? Any TDs willing to share pics or details? I'm most interested to find out if the Particle has a bead.

I didn't do last year's circuit because I didn't particularly want any of the discs involved. If the matrix had been the OS mid it was advertise to be at the beginning, I probably would have. I don't personally like the vector or servo, so depending on what the particle is, will be the reason I do or don't attend this year. Luckily for me, like last year, our local circuit isn't till late july so I will have the benefit of others experience before committing the money.

I didn't do last year's circuit because I didn't particularly want any of the discs involved. If the matrix had been the OS mid it was advertise to be at the beginning, I probably would have. I don't personally like the vector or servo, so depending on what the particle is, will be the reason I do or don't attend this year. Luckily for me, like last year, our local circuit isn't till late july so I will have the benefit of others experience before committing the money.

Is it the discs or the experience of the event?

And good call on the vector. I would be embarrassed to bag that rock wanna-be.

The first year I did the circuit I had a blast for most of it, especially the games we did before playing the round. But the course that hosts our local one is Mt Airy and it was a little frustrating trying to play that long hilly course with only a relay and tangent. So playing it with an even more understable disc didn't really appeal to me, but I might have played it for the matrix if it had been the disc I hoped for. Since then I've stopped throwing midranges for the most part and now I am hoping for the Particle to be an EnvyOS type disc.

You would think they would be hyping a new disc being thrown in public for the first time in a couple days , or at the very least telling people what it does...

Last edited:
You would think they would be hyping a new disc being thrown in public for the first time in a couple days , or at the very least telling people what it does...

I agree. I am very surprised at the lack of info/ hype for the circuit this year. Seems like all the hype focused on the winter series and died there.

I agree. I am very surprised at the lack of info/ hype for the circuit this year. Seems like all the hype focused on the winter series and died there.

I have run Circuit events every year so far...but this year I was underwhelmed by the disc choices and a bit overwhelmed by the amount of different events we could run. Add to that a busy local c-tier schedule and I'm not sure I'll get one run at all.

I do wish that the would have more new discs just for the circuit series events, and not just new plastics on old molds. That's part of the big selling points for Discraft and Trilogy events in my mind. Given how many discs MVP/Axiom seem to be releasing every month, they probably could have held a few in reserve just for these events, but I don't run a business.

The first year I did the circuit I had a blast for most of it, especially the games we did before playing the round. But the course that hosts our local one is Mt Airy and it was a little frustrating trying to play that long hilly course with only a relay and tangent. So playing it with an even more understable disc didn't really appeal to me, but I might have played it for the matrix if it had been the disc I hoped for. Since then I've stopped throwing midranges for the most part and now I am hoping for the Particle to be an EnvyOS type disc.

BB, assuming I do not get blown away in a tornado, I will give you the skinny after this weekend. If the particle is Envyish or more OS even I will be pretty stoked to have a nice compliment to my Proxy. Also hoping the Plasma Servo provides a nice straight to fade flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.