• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I would be staying home under those conditions! Congrats! Great to hear that your Volts are working well! So far Volts are my workhorse driver.

Yah, we did it for the children in Haiti, or was it for my own competitiveness............yah....um something like that.

But in all seriousness the tourney was worth it alone just to see some of the craziest 100 foot skips, levitating discs, backwards bounces, and delayed chainouts i could ever imagine. Tons of respect to all the burly New England golfers who made it out to raise money for charity and have fun.

Random thought......

What if MVP made a putter with a profile similar to the ringer/zone?

I know there is a lot of love for those style putters (mostly for approaches or drives).

Not sure it would be possible, but it would be the overstable putter many ppl want from MVP and attract inhterest from the zone believers

I've tried to get quite a few rounds in with the amps and shocks to get a feel for them and compare them to my older volts. For me, these definitely deserve to be in the bag. My amps are my workhorse drivers for both FH and BH. I've only been throwing BH for a couple of months but I can control the amps and shocks a little easier than the volts BH. BH distance is between 260-320'. I do not throw any of them at full power, either FH or BH.

With a FH, thrown flat, my volts have a little turn and a consistent forward fade. I use them when I have room to work the flight path or when I need to hold hyzer/anhyzer lines. My amps are my "bullets". I'll hyzer flip them for low, dead-straight shots where accuracy is necessary. I'll also use them when I need a turnover shot. My shocks have less HSS than my volts so they will flip up, fly straight and have a harder fade. FH distance ranges from 280'-340'.

The thing I like most is there are only a small number of distance control-shots or conditions that I need other discs besides these three. I don't use them for headwinds, meat-hook or long-distance duties. They don't fly drastically different but each of them excels at different lines. I also like that they don't feel any different in the hand and I can throw each of them the same way and achieve different but planned results.

I'm looking forward to newer shocks that are more resistant to turn as that would be a very nice addition in the line up.

TLDR: I like all three control drivers.

Random thought......

What if MVP made a putter with a profile similar to the ringer/zone?

I know there is a lot of love for those style putters (mostly for approaches or drives).

Not sure it would be possible, but it would be the overstable putter many ppl want from MVP and attract inhterest from the zone believers

I'm waiting for this, along with a Magnet style putter.

I've been playing some rounds with an all Neutron MVP bag here for the last month. I've noticed my new Axis having more fade toward the end of it's flight. Is this common for the Neutron Axis? I've got an eclipse axis that will solve that problem but will the Neutron Axis eventually break in to have very little fade and land dead straight? Similar to the flight of a Mako?

I've noticed my new Axis having more fade toward the end of it's flight. Is this common for the Neutron Axis?

The Neutron Axis definitely has some fight left at the end of its flight. It is nice and stable, and able to take a good rip without turning over.

cool. Just needed to hear from others. Having a ball throwing all MVP lately. Just something I noticed because I went from throwing all Eclipse plastic mids for a bit to throwing the Neutron's. There's definitely some differences in the Axis flight between the two. :D

Regular Proton is slick as snot when it's wet. Neutron is definitely grippier. I haven't had a problem with grip if it's a little moist.

I disagree 100%. Wet Proton is actually MUCH gripper than dry proton, it's too grippy for me to use a proton putter when wet. The reason is that the water allows yout fingerprints to create a suction effect on the disc.

I disagree 100%. Wet Proton is actually MUCH gripper than dry proton, it's too grippy for me to use a proton putter when wet. The reason is that the water allows yout fingerprints to create a suction effect on the disc.

Interesting. Humidity makes Proton, and any premium plastic tackier. If we're talking about a wet disc, then what I've experienced is slick Proton.

Different strokes for different folks.

Great.. so what do we do with all our old shocks :mad:

Glad to see a huge change in the mold though, this is great.

Just sell them, or hold on to them as the initial run... someone will probably want them.

Just sell them, or hold on to them as the initial run... someone will probably want them.
Right? Funny Mike C compared his Shocks to a 1.1 QOLF... some people think the 1.1 QOLFs are too flippy for them. For my arm, it's perfect -- it's the only QOLF I've ever used successfully. Now that I've got a stockpile of 1.1s and only 1.1s, I've got a few to sell at a profit.

I might find the new Shock useful, but my guess is that the ones I have are perfect for my arm. The newer Shocks might be a whole new disc for me, or just a headwind version of what I've got now.

Initial test: Cold, no warm up, steady 15-20mph headwind with stronger gusts, 5 throws a piece with 3 Shocks (1 old 2 new), throwing 10-20' high with some hyzer and 300-350' power. Every throw was into the headwind, intentionally.

Results: FR Shock was not wanting to hold the hyzer and wanted to turn over and finish right. New shocks were able to hold the hyzer the whole way through on a clean throw. On a flatter release aimed lower they wanted to stay very straight. On an intentionally OATy throw they would turn over a bit but visibly fight out of the turn before losing much altitude.

Based on my first impression it seems like they will be in between FR Shocks and Z Preds. I think everyone will be happy with them. I enjoy the FR Shocks but to me these will compliment the Volts better because I think there is a bigger stability difference between them.

So about the Axis, most of them are flat right? I've never seen one with dome until I ordered my Neutron Axis. Anyone else have a domey Neutron Axis? How would a flat one compare in flight? Curious...

I looked through Most of the neutron MVP discs at marshal street the other day and could find no appreciable dome differences. Everything seemed to be fairly flat, with a subtle dome. I was intentionally looking for flat and domed ones and couldn't find any that stood out to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts