• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this is the official MVP thread, anyone know if MVP has any small marketing items? Looking to add some swag to my bag and was wondering if they had key chains, patches, stickers and stuff like that. Would like to rock a little MVP on my bag if possible, feedback appreciated. Thanks!

So about the Axis, most of them are flat right? I've never seen one with dome until I ordered my Neutron Axis. Anyone else have a domey Neutron Axis? How would a flat one compare in flight? Curious...

I have everything from pretty domey to perfectly flat. Domey is more overstable and flat is more neutral. The domey Neutrons for me fly dead straight with no turn, and a small fade at the end. Like an even straighter Buzz.

MVP has stickers and window decals and patches from what I remember.

Since this is the official MVP thread, anyone know if MVP has any small marketing items? Looking to add some swag to my bag and was wondering if they had key chains, patches, stickers and stuff like that. Would like to rock a little MVP on my bag if possible, feedback appreciated. Thanks!

I know Justin @ communitydiscs.com has MVP patches in stock.

I just got a pink neutron axis and yellow neutron vector in tourney payout Saturday and the axis has quite a bit of dome while the vector is flat as a board. I'll throw them as soon as my back feels better (grip slipped as I was lifting a couch Sunday and I tried to catch it awkwardly, straining my back).

I have everything from pretty domey to perfectly flat. Domey is more overstable and flat is more neutral. The domey Neutrons for me fly dead straight with no turn, and a small fade at the end. Like an even straighter Buzz.

MVP has stickers and window decals and patches from what I remember.

Thanks for the info Mike C. I'd like to pick up a flat one to complement my domed Axis. When I throw it correctly it has exactly the flight you've described. I'd like to have a complement that will finish straighter. I've been having some OAT issues with this disc, and I think it's because subconsciously I want it to have a straighter flight than it's intended to provide.

So, I got into an argument the other day on the course with a playing partner. He was all talking up Prodigy, and talking smack about MVP. He asked "What have they done for the sport?..Prodigy has sponsored all these players..bla bla bla". I turned to him and said that just because MVP doesn't have sponsored pros doesn't mean they're not doing anything for the sport. I was kind of taken a back by this, not because I like MVP, but because it seems to me that some people think if you're not catering to the 1% of disc golfers (sponsored pros, probably even less than 1%) that you're "not doing anything" for the sport.

I believe that MVP has done a wonderful job providing excellent discs for the majority of disc golfers, the recreational players and amateurs. A very bottom up approach. And I believe that this is the way to affect the game the most...by making discs for people who just want to play...and don't want to get paid.

What do you guys think? Perhaps this is the wrong thread but I was defending MVP so I thought I'd put it on here.

Agreed^ MVP produced a ground-breaking technology and has superior R&D to that of any disc maker with their CUSTOMERS BEST INTERESTS always considered as well as providing an item of value at the same time through their discs. Its a good business not just another disc golf manufacturer with hard working and dedicated people behind it. I am thankful for a company who cares and obviously will have sponsored pros sometime, like they're not having pros test and help do research on these molds already?!-- what a dumb thing for him to say!

"What have they done for the sport?..Prodigy has sponsored all these players..bla bla bla
I really don't see how sponsoring pros does anything for the sport. I also don't think that "Professional" = "Embassador". I think it's great that Prodigy pays their pros and shocking that other companies don't but in the end they're all companies from the disc MFG's, to retailers, pro, and private course owners. Most-to-all do love disc golf but I think each of us as players should just play courses and use products which help maintain and/or improve our enjoyment.

And if Nike/Walmart/Disney gets into the manufacturing/retailing/course business and you like what they're doing (even if it's purely for profit) then go for it.

All that said I think MVP is doing a great thing in their bottom-up approach. It is equally smart for them business-wise as it is for newer players.

Ok i got bored and have stacks of new MVP runs i just got a couple weeks ago from the factory, so i decided to post PLH comparisons of all the fairway molds. This is the First Run Shock, not the "new fixed ones".

Amp vs Shock
ampshock.jpg

Volt vs Shock
voltshock.jpg

Volt vs Amp
voltamp.jpg

Volt vs Shock again
shockvolt.jpg

Agreed^ MVP produced a ground-breaking technology and has superior R&D to that of any disc maker with their CUSTOMERS BEST INTERESTS always considered as well as providing an item of value at the same time through their discs. Its a good business not just another disc golf manufacturer with hard working and dedicated people behind it. I am thankful for a company who cares and obviously will have sponsored pros sometime, like they're not having pros test and help do research on these molds already?!-- what a dumb thing for him to say!

OK, I think you need to relax a bit with the trashing people and talking out of your a$$. What, exactly, constitutes MVP's "superior R&D", and what makes it better than any other disc maker's? Innova has created many of the molds that have defined this sport for years. I'd say that at this point they probably know what they're doing just as much as MVP does.

Also, the idea that MVP is mainlining the wants and desires of the players and Innova couldn't care less is pretty ridiculous. Dave Dunipace has been responding to pretty much every question/comment/etc that anyone has about Innova on the PDGA forums since 2003. That's some serious dedication if you ask me.

Now don't get me wrong, I like MVP. I like them a lot. I have an Axis and a second run textured Ion that you couldn't pry out of my bag with a jackhammer. But they're probably pretty much just like the rest of the manufacturers. Nobody would get involved in selling products in such a tiny niche sport unless they had some serious passion for it.

So, in short, lay off cracking on everyone who doesn't kiss up to MVP as much as you want them to. You shredded some poor kid in the Shock forum because he said his wasn't that stable, telling him he was throwing it wrong and calling him names, and then Chad(?) from MVP turns up a few posts later and says that they were altering the Shock because people said it wasn't stable enough. Had Innova done something like that you no doubt would have blasted them for inconsistency and poor research and development, but since MVP did it you chalked it up to great customer service. That's a ridiculous double standard right there.

Apologies to everyone else for the somewhat disjointed rant, but I'm getting sick of reading this stuff. MVP is good. Innova is good. Discraft is good. None of them are perfect. Relax.

lol... I think you need to RELAX and read the context in which comments are made.

So, I got into an argument the other day on the course with a playing partner. He was all talking up Prodigy, and talking smack about MVP. He asked "What have they done for the sport?..Prodigy has sponsored all these players..bla bla bla". I turned to him and said that just because MVP doesn't have sponsored pros doesn't mean they're not doing anything for the sport. I was kind of taken a back by this, not because I like MVP, but because it seems to me that some people think if you're not catering to the 1% of disc golfers (sponsored pros, probably even less than 1%) that you're "not doing anything" for the sport.

I believe that MVP has done a wonderful job providing excellent discs for the majority of disc golfers, the recreational players and amateurs. A very bottom up approach. And I believe that this is the way to affect the game the most...by making discs for people who just want to play...and don't want to get paid.

What do you guys think? Perhaps this is the wrong thread but I was defending MVP so I thought I'd put it on here.

SOOOO I answered-- and as for the "kid on the shock forum" hes bashing a product for all the wrong reasons and with the wrong comparisons. The shock was never produced as an "UNDERSTABLE P.O.S."-- it is plenty OS and a good product but THE COMPANY ADDRESSED THE FEEDBACK OF ITS CUSTOMERS AND MADE IT BETTER. It was not flippy and now a nuke OS like he tried to say without anyhing to back him up. I didnt see a video of his POS shock flipping over and have yet to see one that does.

lol... I think you need to RELAX and read the context in which comments are made.

SOOOO I answered-- and as for the "kid on the shock forum" hes bashing a product for all the wrong reasons and with the wrong comparisons. The shock was never produced as an "UNDERSTABLE P.O.S."-- it is plenty OS and a good product but THE COMPANY ADDRESSED THE FEEDBACK OF ITS CUSTOMERS AND MADE IT BETTER. It was not flippy and now a nuke OS like he tried to say without anyhing to back him up. I didnt see a video of his POS shock flipping over and have yet to see one that does.

Here is the post that you had replied to...

When I throw my Shock flat is turns over right away and either keeps that line if I got a good hit on it, or might fade a bit at the end. If I do the same thing with my Volt, it turns slightly for a while, glides nicely, but dependably fades. My Amp never flips at all. So it seems to me they are not performing to the expectations of the disc.

Effectively, the Shock has become a dependable understable driver for me Had some great birdies with it, so I'm not complaining anymore, just not getting what I was expecting.

Pretty chill. Never said the Shock was a POS, just not what he was expecting. He was comparing it primarily to his Volt which he said was more stable. Apparently he wasn't wrong because MVP is now beefing up the Shock.

As for your comments that MVP has "superior R&D", you need to provide specific details as to how their process is so much better than anyone else's before you make such a statement. What do they do that's so much different other than simply go out and throw the discs? Are they using a wind tunnel? Have they built a launching device that expels the disc at the same angle and with the same force every time so that they can determine the exact flight characteristics? Have they put sensors on various points on the discs that relay information back to a custom built piece of software during flight so that the spin, glide, and aerodynamics can be precisely calculated somehow? I don't know how any of this stuff works and since you obviously do I would love to get more information as I am genuinely curious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts