• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the eclipse discs are sexy but anyone have one they have used for a while now? I was worried the white would become brown and look like an old girlfriend vs a new freshieeee. Not a huge issue even but just curious how the look of the eclipse holds up and keeps glowing?

I guess my MVP collection is pointless :(
But so is most of the other stuff I do.
All I meant was that there aren't things on that same level of rarity from MVP, except maybe proto Ions. But I wouldn't shell out the money for market value. It'd essentially mean the end of my rarities collection.

And I guarantee the money would go towards a pointless endeavor :)

So the eclipse discs are sexy but anyone have one they have used for a while now? I was worried the white would become brown and look like an old girlfriend vs a new freshieeee. Not a huge issue even but just curious how the look of the eclipse holds up and keeps glowing?

I have an eclipse Axis I've thrown every full bag round I've played since they sent the testers out. It looks fine when I bother to clean it. Could snap a picture if ya want.

thanks MC! (we have same initials :hfive: and first name)

I don't need a picture-- was just curious' I don't throw any night rounds so the glow factor just never excited me.. Is the visibility much more significant with the white overmold in daylight though when in the woods/tall grass?

Yep. the overmold is obviously way brighter, but the flightplate plastic looks brighter too next to the white overmold for some reason. Eclipse orange and bright green are extremely easy to find in most conditions, same with the brighter Neutron discs.

I'd second that. I throw Eclipse (just because they're so easy to find) Vectors and they stay just as clean as any white Star/ESP mid would. I need to wipe off the mud in the springtime but they certainly don't yellow or turn brown with dirt and age.

I'd second that. I throw Eclipse (just because they're so easy to find) Vectors and they stay just as clean as any white Star/ESP mid would. I need to wipe off the mud in the springtime but they certainly don't yellow or turn brown with dirt and age.

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Yep. the overmold is obviously way brighter, but the flightplate plastic looks brighter too next to the white overmold for some reason. Eclipse orange and bright green are extremely easy to find in most conditions, same with the brighter Neutron discs.

kinda figured that would be the case.. Unfortunately I do not own too many super bright MVP.. FR vector is clear :| Actually am in the process of dying it right now seems to be turning out a light blue/purple. Ill have to get some drivers in the eclipse when time comes for the extra visibility then...

I have one of those clear Vectors. Mine is super domey and the most OS one I've thrown. Acts close to a Drone for lower power throwers. Fun disc, but a bitch to find.

wellll it turned out fine for my first dye lol... used pen ink :| no more hunting for the clear baby!

2013-02-21_14-52-03_462.jpg

2013-02-21_14-51-50_585.jpg

Agreed the FR is super OS specially compared to the flat neutrons. The sweeping fade is ridiculous on the FR it just keeps fading forever.

Does anyone Find Eclipse Axis to be the best ones? i have a seasoned eclipse orange and i just put a new one in my bag to compliment the seasoned one i have that has developed some healthy turn to it. The new Eclipse Orange axis flies DEAD straight with tiny fade at the very end but no turn, its just deadly accurate for those pin point shots and holds lines great. My neutron axis on the other hand likes to go into a fade sooner and is a little domier.

I have some eclipse green Vectors and they are flat and dont have any fade in them anymore.

Can anyone recommend a good Vector color/weight/plastic that is working well for you? I want a vector that compliments my Axis and has healthy fade for lines my Axis cant quite make.

any vector with a high dome. I have a lime green that looks just like the FR's almost a pop-top look. Flat ones should still have fade its just less lateral moving generally straigher.

I've been enjoying the Neutron Vectors. They have a healthy fade but have a flatter shoulder than the domey Protons so they sit in my hand a little better. I've had good results from any of them with moderate dome and a heavier weight.

The flattest Vectors I've gotten were Proton Eclipse in bright green. I did the boiling water trick to a pair of them and gave them more dome.

Really that's something everyone should consider. Boiling water trick can be used to add or remove dome to tweak the flight of your disc.

Also agree on the Eclipse Axis. I really like the feel of the Neutron but like its been said the Eclipse Proton seem to come out on the flatter side and are ridiculously straight. That beat one I have is orange and I love it. Have two brand new ones in the same color that are dead straight for 90-95% of the flight then a tiny fade. Do not miss seasoning Rocs to that point, then trying to avoid all trees :)

They fly like I initially expected from the testers

True stable at all speeds

At least Disc Nation ran a stamp that will identify some old straight ones

They fly like I initially expected from the testers

True stable at all speeds

At least Disc Nation ran a stamp that will identify some old straight ones

whats the deal with the new shocks? would they be comparable to a predator at all? windfighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts