• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** yea.... going to get me one of those. i've only got two 1.2 SOLFs left and I'd rather find something stock to replace them then play the huting game. I already have to do that with to many molds I throw.

Happy to see new Shocks having HSS of 0 so I think Shocks will replace my PDs. Cannot wait for Tangent as I am sure they will replace my Fuses.

I think that's up to MVP moving old stock

I know DN should restock Shocks very soon

I'll let you know if they are the new ones

so how did the old flight numbers compare to the new.....would help some with comparisons.

I have had my shock for a week.....still have another two months before i can throw it :/

Really that's something everyone should consider. Boiling water trick can be used to add or remove dome to tweak the flight of your disc.

So I have two very stable amps, even though the second was supposed to be from a newer batch. If I flatten one should it come out more understable? Wouldn't flattening raise plh?

So I have two very stable amps, even though the second was supposed to be from a newer batch. If I flatten one should it come out more understable? Wouldn't flattening raise plh?

Not necessarily. You're not making the PLH go higher up the wing of the disc, you're just compressing the dome.

flatter = less air resistance = holds speed longer = HSS lasts longer = More turn durring HSS phase

I have three Volts, two Shocks, and two amps, all at 169-170 and every single one of them is less overstable than my Stormtrooper Amp @173. I compared the PLH on all of them and the the Stormtrooper had the lowest by a fair margain. So while I agree that plh is a useful (and probably the most accurate) guide for relative stability, it's not exactly fool-proof because there are so many other variables at work. Just like I don't think that the Amp is more overstable soley because it's three or four grams heavier.

I personally haven't seen a significant impact on plh unless it's a really domey disc to start with. At that point, I would reconsider the boiling water trick anyway. Trying to drop too much dome can result in clovering, a sunken deck, or just general unevenness. However, I do see a flight change every time I've tried it - most of the time, they are more understable.

I have three Volts, two Shocks, and two amps, all at 169-170 and every single one of them is less overstable than my Stormtrooper Amp @173. I compared the PLH on all of them and the the Stormtrooper had the lowest by a fair margain. So while I agree that plh is a useful (and probably the most accurate) guide for relative stability, it's not exactly fool-proof because there are so many other variables at work. Just like I don't think that the Amp is more overstable soley because it's three or four grams heavier.

You can't really compare PLHs too much between different molds. Different wing shapes cause the different PLHs to act differently. A high PLH on an Amp may cause it to be more stable that a Shock with a low PLH, but is still higher than the Amp's.

You can't really compare PLHs too much between different molds. Different wing shapes cause the different PLHs to act differently. A high PLH on an Amp may cause it to be more stable that a Shock with a low PLH, but is still higher than the Amp's.

I agree, that was sort of what I was alluding to. However, even "apples to apples," it's more overstable than my other Amps or any other Amp I've thrown. So much so that it's found a new home as my overstable control driver. :D I'm just planning on thrashing it until I can get some of the new beefy Shocks in a lighter weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts