• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! That type of hyzer shot is becoming my favorite shot with the Axis. It holds the line so well.

Well done Mike.

Excuse me if this has been asked before...

If I'm not mistaken, MVP's discs carry most of their weight in the rim. So does this mean that heavier discs have more potential to spin when thrown? If so, does this equate to more turn at the beginning of the throw? ie more understable?

Excuse me if this has been asked before...

If I'm not mistaken, MVP's discs carry most of their weight in the rim. So does this mean that heavier discs have more potential to spin when thrown? If so, does this equate to more turn at the beginning of the throw? ie more understable?
No. From what I have read/heard the faster the disc is spinning the more stable it will be. I could be totally off base though.

No. From what I have read/heard the faster the disc is spinning the more stable it will be. I could be totally off base though.

The higher the mass moment of inertia is, the more stable the spinning object will be. You are not off base.

Also, when I'm saying more stable I don't mean more overstable. In terms of disc flight, it should mean a straighter flight.

The higher the mass moment of inertia is, the more stable the spinning object will be. You are not off base.

Also, when I'm saying more stable I don't mean more overstable. In terms of disc flight, it should mean a straighter flight.
Right. I should have said gyroscopically stable.

Yeah it is true IMO MVP discs don't turn over at high speeds like other similar molds/speeds would and actually easier to throw longer anhyzers or line shaping shots at lower speeds vs trying to crush a hyzer flip to turn over they end up going straight where all other discs typically turn over to the point of no return, MVP's hold the lines. (the axis especially and ION/Anodes just become laser beams)

Has anyone suggested MVP make a small diameter Vector as an overstable putter? Something to rival a Pig or a Zone, that might be cool. Something that doesn't fly so damn far and drops like a brick when its done.

And thumbs up to Mike C for shameless MVP promotion with those great vids.

Has anyone suggested MVP make a small diameter Vector as an overstable putter? Something to rival a Pig or a Zone, that might be cool. Something that doesn't fly so damn far and drops like a brick when its done.

And thumbs up to Mike C for shameless MVP promotion with those great vids.

I think we will first see MVP lay out a full lineup (under/stable/over) in 1 or maybe 2 more driver cores as well as an understable putter before they start knocking out niche discs. That would just make the most sense.

I would prefer to see them put out a speed 11-12 first

But I have always thought a small diameter stable mid would be a great fit with MVPs style

But I have always thought a small diameter stable mid would be a great fit with MVPs style

That would be the Anode. :p (I know what you mean)

I would like to see a shallow understable putter, but I'm all for them producing what will move the most units. I wonder what type of disc sells best from putters to distance drivers.

I would love to see a small diameter MVP mid simliar to a spider or gremlin but that would require a whole new core and overmold so it could be a while before we see one.

I was just emailing them about upcoming discs, and I said if it were up to me I'd go speed 12-13 Volt and Shock, an overstable Zone sort of disc (Putter or short mid, pure meathook) and something else of similar speed with generous high speed turn.

But as always I'm happy to see what they put out. They usually surprise me with each release and I like that. I didn't expect their first driver to be a neutral line shaping disc, but rather one like the newest Shocks, but I've been pleasantly surprise with the performance of the Volt. Same thing with the Anode. When it came out I didn't expect another putter mold, but after testing them out I realized I had a new favorite putter. So I have faith in what discs they're cooking up.

Zone like disc would be great. MikeC's suggestions makes the most sense. Then after that, then some utlity discs like XXX and few others which would cover all if not all bases. Don't forget the Lids :)

I have a black neutron Ion and I would really like to see a white one is a soft neutron plastic with the glow rim. Original black neutron stamp to top it off. They'd be a sweet pair!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts