• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

I think he may be on to an Nomad or Atom soon Anode feels weird.

Yeah I think that too.. Shot my best tourney round with the though... back in the day.

....He said he liked the inner rounded feel, I'm real glad he likes the spin. Somehow I feel validated for plaguing DGCR with my constant sonnets of affection for it.

If he's liking the rounded inner rim, he could suddenly be an ion guy. I've seen them around, I don't know why they went passe. I could see him really getting behind an ion with his high spin rate and the flight but I get the anode over ion choice.

For me it's the beveled under rim for the feel, I prefer it to the rounder edge. My longshot putter for Simon is the ohm because I want to see it, but an atom would be smarter :)

Well this is MVP, they usually make plenty to meet demand, to slow down the disc scalpers. I respect that.

Looks like I will be jumping on the bandwagon and purchasing a Simon disc faster than I thought, I've been waiting for a glow hex for awhile. Hopefully I can find a 174g or lighter... 169 would be great.

Same. Our local Space Race event was cancelled, so I missed out on that opportunity.

Saw something from the Foundation guys that said he was asked to putt with Gyro.

This has been posted in other threads about Simon's contract, but here is the link:

https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2023...contract-how-it-came-together-and-whats-next/

Here's the specific comment from Simon about discs and putters:

He will be permitted to throw any MVP, Axiom, or Streamline discs, but he has been asked to fill no more than one-third of his bag from the Streamline lineup. He has also been asked to putt with a Gyro disc.

My guess is that since it is MVP sponsoring him, even though Streamline is part of MVP, they want to highlight their gyro discs and are requiring (politely) that he putt with a gyro disc. But that still leaves putters from both MVP and Axiom.

Basically seems to be - we aren't paying you to throw 'normal' discs...we are paying you to show off our Gyro discs.

This has been posted in other threads about Simon's contract, but here is the link:

https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2023...contract-how-it-came-together-and-whats-next/

My guess is that since it is MVP sponsoring him, even though Streamline is part of MVP, they want to highlight their gyro discs and are requiring (politely) that he putt with a gyro disc. But that still leaves putters from both MVP and Axiom.

Basically seems to be - we aren't paying you to throw 'normal' discs...we are paying you to show off our Gyro discs.

Seems like a reasonable request given what they're paying him. IIRC Conrad was asked to throw all gyro fwiw

So how long until Simon has mvp release a 12 speed destroyer clone?

I understand that.....but then you'd think he'd want a dd3 not a destroyer. Just saying

I'm just being a little rude about the Innova made DD3 and the Destroyer being the same thing.

Whatever he wants, I'm sure they will make it since it will sell.

Asked and required are two separate things. It would be stupid of MVP to limit the success of their highest profile player. Putting putters are not something you want to take casually if you're trying to win DGPT events.

--‐------------------

I have a feeling his bag will become very static once he settles on the discs he likes because his old bag was and MVP discs season very little comparatively. 90% of his videos are gonna be sales pitches for discs he doesn't bag sooner than later probably. 10 years is a long time for disc shilling.

In Simon's honor, I will be substituting a few of my normal discs with some gyro stuff during my morning round tomorrow.

I will be removing my Hatchet/Escape/Felon trio and substituting in a Insanity/Tesla/Fireball combo in their place.

I will be playing a familiar course and I'm guessing the substitution is neither going to help or hurt my score. Also, I've thrown and bagged the Insanity and Fireball but have never tried the Tesla so that should be fun.

In Simon's honor, I'll keep throwing my normal bag, of which, he bags all the discs I throw other than the Resistor.

To keep it going....

In Simon's honor I will be using my normal bag of discs, which is all MVP/Axiom except for two, and wishing I could throw like Simon.