• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

I wonder how much solo mold stuff he'd throw. Might be enticed to embrace the gyro. So maybe more motion/fireball?

Watching his ITB and he's got a runway, and said he's allowed to throw Streamline so maybe? He didn't have a Flare yet but we will see.

Had a Fireball and Panic though which is cool. I bought a Panic a couple of weeks ago and haven't gotten to throw it yet.

the Simon Hex stamp is SO CUTE!!! and of course going to be always sold out :|

Well this is MVP, they usually make plenty to meet demand, to slow down the disc scalpers. I respect that.

Looks like I will be jumping on the bandwagon and purchasing a Simon disc faster than I thought, I've been waiting for a glow hex for awhile. Hopefully I can find a 174g or lighter... 169 would be great.

Is an eclipse Hex confirmed for a Simon signature disc? I'm very happy with the heavy fission Hex but I'd definitely grab some in eclipse. I actually considered driving 2 hours to a space race just to get one.

If there was enough difference between a glow Hex and a Neutron/Fission Hex, I could see carrying one of each.

Sorry, Reactor! But we shall see.

Well this is MVP, they usually make plenty to meet demand, to slow down the disc scalpers. I respect that.

Looks like I will be jumping on the bandwagon and purchasing a Simon disc faster than I thought, I've been waiting for a glow hex for awhile. Hopefully I can find a 174g or lighter... 169 would be great.

Yeah, I have been waiting for an Eclipse Hex since I first threw w Neutron Hex. If it wasn't a Simon disc I would still buy it instantly. But hey, glad to support him too. He's been my favorite player for probably the last 10 years.

Me too.. I've been tempted a few times on the fb auctions but they're always 176+. No sense buying one if I'm not going to love it even if it does glow... I just know I'm not into the heavy hexs

Kinda wishing I'd snagged that uplink last week with the simon lizotte / natalie Ryan sigs but $70 for a wall hanger. I try to avoid those haha.

Or the Hex.

Look for a new putter and new 12 speed? Who knows. Good job MVP.

Edit: now I can go to work

How awesome! Love the intro, and that first disc he threw for an ace, easy to tell MVP.

1. Several times in the video he mentions how the disc's feel the same and comfortable. Thats how I felt with my first disc the orbital in April, followed by the vanish and crave in May, and made the commitment to flip my bag in June, and with the majority of my 27-disc bag in August. All with the same good feeling in the hands with a difference in the putters, and 14-speed. Can't say that when I had just about all Innova, and felt awkward throwing from disc to disc during a round.

2. No 11-speeds in his bag. I didn't see understable discs in his bag?

3. Funny how his Neutron hex and servo finishes overstable, both of mine understable.

4. The Octane is a sweet disc, not in my bag at this time it was a struggle in 20-40 mph wind, will come back in the bag late spring when the wind dies down. At Throwaenvy suggestion still wanting to pickup the Mayhem that Simon has bagged for wind play. Relativity does well enough downwind.

5. Simon has a larger variety of disc in his bag compared to James. It will be fun watching tournament coverage and recognizing them. I share alot of the same disc that Simon has in the lower speeds which is the majority of my bag, making it even more fun.

IMO Simon has the best personality on tour, its going to be a fun ride!

Are MVP players allowed to throw Mint?

Agree with you folks - that putter spot wont stick. We only saw drives. The Anode is no substitute for a P2.

You cant afford to not have that spot 100% dialed in as a pro. or, really as anyone who cares about their score.

Are MVP players allowed to throw Mint?

Agree with you folks - that putter spot wont stick. We only saw drives. The Anode is no substitute for a P2.

You cant afford to not have that spot 100% dialed in as a pro. or, really as anyone who cares about their score.

I think he may be on to an Nomad or Atom soon Anode feels weird.

5. Simon has a larger variety of disc in his bag compared to James. It will be fun watching tournament coverage and recognizing them. I share alot of the same disc that Simon has in the lower speeds which is the majority of my bag, making it even more fun.

IMO Simon has the best personality on tour, its going to be a fun ride!

It could be he has a larger variety because he's still learning the discs and how they work for him. It also might be because James is mainly a backhand thrower who rarely throws unique shots. Whereas Simon throws backhand and forehand; along with having very unique throws - skyhawk, skymohawk, or whatever he calls it.

And I'm looking forward to his future with MVP. I followed him when he was with DM even though I only threw a couple of their discs for a while. Now it will be more enjoyable seeing him throw some of the same discs I bag.

Not trying to veer too far off topic, but what's different about the R2 versus the electron for the spin?

Mint doesn't have an understable putter, and I've been trying out a pondy in that spot. It's done well, but I'm not married to it. The pondy's rim is a bit beefy for my taste.

Well, after watching Simon's ITB over breakfast, I dug out one of my old Spin's and went out for my morning round. Why was it out of the bag? Been doing forehand flicks with Bergs and Slammers, but I love the soft, panning landing of the Spin.

I love the look of the Eclipse Hex. Don't need it, but I'll grab one if I can.

Now to see where the Shue's fit (boom-tish!)

The Spin is such an underappreciated putter. Minus a few weeks where I lost my mind and benched it for the Proxy, it has been in my bag in one form or another since its Circuit Event debut.

Which is not to dis the Proxy, mind you. It's a heck of a disc. The Spin is merely a different disc and I wanted to see if I was missing out and gave the Proxy a shot. In the end, I went back to the Spin and have never regretted it.

And in the R2 plastic, it's a fantastic approach disc.

Hey for thread veer I quoted you all here.. I'm glad to hear some Spin love out there. I'm with Arisugawa it's criminally underrated and the R2's are nice. The electrons are wicked understable, the premium plastic is more stable, still understable but less touchy. They're a little softer than neutron and have a bit better grip. I also hopped on and off the proxy train.. But my proton sparkle spin is still in the bag.

The one drawback to it is its loss of height on a steep anhyzer, the glitch does that better, but a slightly broken in R2 or proton Spin will go from flat to anhyzer turn (kinda like a neutron uplink).

Great disc!!! I love the Spin!!

Last edited: