• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

Are you saying the stock and gyropalooza detour feel different?

I haven't gripped the Detour gyropalooza. What I can tell you theirs a used 2021 gyropalooza Uplink at PIAS that grips like crap compared to a Neutron Soft Uplink that feels good.
In my experience MVP is missing on gripping with some new releases, and correcting on following restocks. Recently Pixel and Time lapse.

By the way, how's it going with the MCO, and have you done any putting with it.

I have the old one, and have access to a newer one, I'll try and remember to check them out.

I love the disc, I should throw it more, but.. Paradox cleaned them up on the mids only round last night.

I only throw backhand so far, but I love my Crave. You're telling me, if/when I ever get a forehand, I'll love it even more?! Dang, it just might be the best disc ever made! I ran it yesterday about 150', around some trees, and dropped it on the pole. One of several good shots with it. It saves my lack of distance on my drives. Only time it ever fails me, is when I fail to throw it decent.

It's more of a backhand disc, just on a forehand, it can help you throw a clean forehand with the way it flies and it doesn't really get overly fussy on a forehand unless you try and kill it.

Some neutral discs just get really squirley with forehands. The crave handles it pretty good as long as you do your part correctly.

Today was a good day to bring the Envy family, 2nd round short to long mostly some type of putter approach. All were used.

Blue Prism Plasma Envy getting close to two years, now has alot of turn.

Black Prism Plasma Envy new. Stable and long. Rim is a little bigger, it hooks under compared to Blue. Outstanding grip.

Eagle Envy still turns and fades back in, slightly longer than the others.

Fission Envy looks like Eagle, not as long. From a month ago owns longest putt fading around trees at a 105 feet.

R I.P beaten in Electron Envy from a week ago. 9700 foot layout, have never birdie the par 3's. Had to go for it from about 75 feet. Missed on the right, it's steep and deep. I two putted for a double bogey, basket above head. Proceed by a Whale, and R Pro Pig 4 and 3 years. I've lost two other Putter's elsewhere on the course. First MVP Axiom .

Attachments

• 20240628_140007.jpg
    20240628_140007.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240621_092446.jpg
    20240621_092446.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240621_092724.jpg
    20240621_092724.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
@lee76007 Damn man sorry about the electron... takes a while to get it that kind of sweet, reminds of a beat up pro rhyno, it's worth an extra $20 to have someone put the work in... of course the envy is better 🙄 😀

What is it you are digging with the prism plasma envy?

I find the eagles more tolerable but my Plasma prism was practically a flipturd driver/approach while still being too stable as a putter.

Haha of course though I'm throwing my pixels because I'm lazy right now haha. Looking in the stash for my spin tomorrow, the uplink sent it to the closet. Gonna dig out my 165g Paradox honey got me as well. That's a blast on a Par-two-zy course

Fission time-lapses are the most Simon Lizotte disc ever. I can consistently hit 360 with my distance drivers 375 if the planets align. I took a CN wave, fission photon and the time lapse all in the upper 150's to low 160's to a soccer field. I was getting my normal max D with the wave and photon. I threw 2 drives over 400' with the longest being 453' with the time-lapse. Before today I have thrown over 400' maybe twice. That being said, I was pretty inconsistent with the time-lapse and a lot of throws were all over the place and way shorter. I felt like Simon when he looks up at the sky. Who knows what's about to happen it could be amazing or it could be terrible.

Hey nice!!! Broke 450', most awesome!

Haha I was keeping an eye out for a fission time-lapse.... for no good reason. I think I'm better with the Mayhem in that slot. That slot for reference is the "maybe I can grow into it/ i feel bad not carrying a max D disc/ i'll us it as a wind distance disc"

You gave me a better idea/reminder.. I think I saw my 146 SE fission wave yesterday on the shelf that will fit my needs better. It was too flippy, let's see if it got more stable... yikes! I hope not.

@lee76007 Damn man sorry about the electron... takes a while to get it that kind of sweet, reminds of a beat up pro rhyno, it's worth an extra $20 to have someone put the work in... of course the envy is better 🙄 😀

What is it you are digging with the prism plasma envy?

I find the eagles more tolerable but my Plasma prism was practically a flipturd driver/approach while still being too stable as a putter.

Haha of course though I'm throwing my pixels because I'm lazy right now haha. Looking in the stash for my spin tomorrow, the uplink sent it to the closet. Gonna dig out my 165g Paradox honey got me as well. That's a blast on a Par-two-zy course
Doesn't look like I'm going to be very long without an Electron Envy. At PIAS I was allowed to look at their incoming order manifest. First time I'll have a new Electron Envy . Also for the first time ill grip test an Electron Spin, Proton Atom, and a few others I'm not remembering at the moment. Over a hundred coming in. I'll also pick up a second Electron Firm Atom for putting.

The Prism Plasma Envy is the first putter I kept when I started flipping my bag user to MVP Axiom now past two years. I had poo poo Electron Proxy and Ion, and R2 Nomad because of grip issues prior to the Envy. For four months heading in the strong wind season all I threw was the Envy and an R Pro Pig before i picked up my next putter. So the Envy was used alot including putting. At this point its about full trust with the Envy., just short of two years now.

The Prism Eagle I love throwing. The Prism rim is my favorite. If MVP produces a Prism Turd, I'll want to throw it.

I'm enjoying the glide of the MCO Pixel, dropped in a 77, 71 footers yesterday for birdies. Starting to do standstills fun seeing a longer Glide.

The Proton Paradox is a keeper, I can turn flip it with good Glide. something I could never do with the neutron. Just need to be more consistent

Latest posts