• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Distance Drivers

When can we expect a video comparing all of these to current disc on the market? I saw that you are expecting a video for one of them soon.

He said he was expecting a box of discs soon, but it didn't sound like having the first DD in it was a sure thing.

It looks like they are releasing one at a time so it will be months before he can compare them all side by side.

But I am sure he will compare them to other discs as they are released.

MikeC makes great vids, but they don't help me much with how the flights will be for me. I need him to be throwing at like 70% efficiency.

MikeC, how about a vid where, you test discs the morning after you eat something that ordinarily gives you the explosive runs?

:hfive:

What happened to trying discs out on your own? Do you really need someone to think for you?

Seeing someone else get a disc up to speed properly is a good way to evaluate how your form compares to the flight of how the disc is suppose to fly. In turn if its not that great you have a better idea of seeing how the disc will fly for you. And besides all that. Watching Mike C throw new discs is just pure entertainment.

He said he was expecting a box of discs soon, but it didn't sound like having the first DD in it was a sure thing.

It looks like they are releasing one at a time so it will be months before he can compare them all side by side.

Those are probably more test axioms and switches.

Thanks!

What happened to trying discs out on your own? Do you really need someone to think for you?

I don't have the kind of money to go out and get 4 new disc "just to check them out", but thanks for the suggestion. On a side note, Mike C is a lot better player than I am, and I know he has a more consistent throw than I do as well. So if you would like to spend your money or get sponsored my MVP and make a video, then I'll watch it. Thank you.

So the last 2 years, yeah real long time ago. :p
Most manufacturers out there would kill for a two year run of good consistency. How many times has the Destroyers changed in two years?

Give me ur Rocs Teebird and Destroyers. U no longer are allowed to carry them. I like what MVP is doing but still think the whole overmold Greek sandwich is nonsense
:rolleyes: Oh Jesus Christ at Costco, who gives a %#&* if YOU believe the overmolding lives up the what they advertise or not? If the discs fly nice and are consistent does anything else matter?:confused:

I don't have the kind of money to go out and get 4 new disc "just to check them out", but thanks for the suggestion. On a side note, Mike C is a lot better player than I am, and I know he has a more consistent throw than I do as well. So if you would like to spend your money or get sponsored my MVP and make a video, then I'll watch it. Thank you.

Shoot me a PM anytime you're going to be in Columbus. I don't have every MVP disc out there, but I've got all of the fairway drivers as well as the Anode and Tensor, and you'd be welcome to try any of mine.

Most manufacturers out there would kill for a two year run of good consistency. How many times has the Destroyers changed in two years?

:rolleyes: Oh Jesus Christ at Costco, who gives a %#&* if YOU believe the overmolding lives up the what they advertise or not? If the discs fly nice and are consistent does anything else matter?:confused:

Problem is they dont. They sure do look nifty tho.

Shoot me a PM anytime you're going to be in Columbus. I don't have every MVP disc out there, but I've got all of the fairway drivers as well as the Anode and Tensor, and you'd be welcome to try any of mine.

Thanks! I may have to take you up on that. I use to carry an amp for a while, but it was eventually worked out of the bag. I know there quite a following for the MVP disc.

Just ignore 'Voice of Reason', don't feed the troll.

As far as the GYRO effect goes MVP has observed there is noticeable changes in the flight when they adjust the weights in the rim, there are also noticeable advantages and disadvantages that people talk about all the time here on the forums. Including the 100'+ roll-away stories people talk about frequently. :rolleyes:

But Puckstopper, your right. If the discs are fun to throw and you play well with them, does it even matter?

I'd say that 60-75% of the people that throw speed 12 & 13 discs don't have the arm speed for them. If you can't throw a Destroyer at least 400ft, then it's pointless to be throwing it in the first place. That being said, I'm looking forward to these.

I'd almost push that out to 450. I pull out a Crank to get ~410 currently, but I know I could hit that with my Volt with more field work.

... I mean, that said, I'll probably at least try these MVP discs even though I don't need 'em. :)

A lot of you know I have not had much love for MVP, well their fanboys at least. I am actually ashamed to admit I am excited about this disc. I have decided to go out of my comfort range and try it. As a matter of fact, when I get my taxes back I am gonna try and pick up the servo, switch, volt, and amp, and set some money aside for an inertia. I don't feel as if I gave MVP a fair shake and want to try them again. The inertia being in the speed 10-11 range is perfect for me.

I think, at minimum, you're going to like the Volt. Unless my two Proton Volts were an oddity, I've never been happier with a disc (other than possibly my organic Wizards.)

From http://www.pdga.com/files/PDGA_approved_discs_021014.pdf:

MVP Disc Sports Inertia 175.1 21.1 1.4 1.2 17.1 2.0
MVP Disc Sports Volt .. 175.1 21.1 1.6 1.1 17.1 2.0

:confused: :confused:

(rim width is bolded)

Yes the Amp and the Shock are listed with Rim Width of 1.9cm instead or 2.0cm, but still...

This has been discussed ad nauseum in this thread. The PDGA isn't exactly known for entirely accurate measurements. MVP puts the Volt/Amp/Shock at 1.85 cm.

Even if the rims are the same size, the rim shape can contribute to a different speed and flight quite easily.

Well, "ad nauseum" is over selling it a bit. This thread isn't even at 200 posts yet.

5jly.png
< Inertia
913p.png
< Volt

Just to re-post since people are still wondering about the rim differences.. You will definitely feel a difference in the hand.

thats the 4th time rim width was brought up, and we are not even at 200 posts yet:\

That's fair. I'd seen rim width discussed, but I hadn't seen anyone talk about the fact that the Volt is actually rounded up to 2.0cm in the PDGA approval data and thus the same as the Inertia.

Sure maybe the PDGA is sloppy with these measurements, but I wouldn't count on it.