• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP - Fission™ Microbubble Technology

The only Volt I've ever thrown is my first run and it is sub 170. And it is the dopest so I don't throw it for fear of disc gnomes. Most of my drivers are in the 150s so Fission right? But if it is already the realest disc ever at 167 Plasma is the choice. Correct?

Ha! Coulda won states and been with my soulmate

Fission volts are legit. You wouldn't really even know fission plastic was "blizzard" or "air" like etc.. MVP killed em honestly with this stuff. Truly ground breaking technology again from a company who did that for the first time in DG in like 20 years. This is a very impressive product and I don't even like light weight discs.

science_animated_gif_by_mysteriousshamrock-d5p3shf.gif

Its magical.

These things are awesome. I've had juniors, women, lowe power players, average guys, and 550' throwers use them. They are the real deal and still fly nicely for every range. Waiting to hear back from Feldberg's GF on what she thinks. Super nice person, I cant wait to see what she thinks of the one I gave her.

This is a very impressive product and I don't even like light weight discs.

The best part is they don't really feel lightweight in the hand, or look like lightweight discs in the air. But they certainly are easier to get up to speed, while still retaining the flight characteristics of their heavier counterparts. Super rad.

Also, MVP's claim that these hold a line longer is legit. Comparing a 164 gram Fission to a 169 gram Plasma, the Fission holds its line considerably longer before fading. I really hope people have a chance to throw both back to back to notice the impact Fission has on the flight.

I threw a nearly 500' shot with a 157g that held the slight anny release in a tailwind the whole time with a enough LSS to keep it straight and moving forward. I actually thought I lost the damn thing for a minute.

And now can say I no longer have thrown a boss my furthest throw ever but yes, a volt! ... it does feel lighter IMO than plasma stuff but not light like other 150 at all you can tell the rim has weight when you mash on it hard and doesn't mess with timing as much at all.

Yes to all of the above Fission praise. It's the real deal, and takes GRYO to the next level. Can't WAIT to see this in some of their other molds!

Oh... And Mike C. fission bombs. I want to see that too :thmbup:

Filmed some throws, just in the middle of editing multiple test vids. Tomorrow it should be up.

Never thought I'd throw a 153g Volt 400'+ and have it fly stable.

I wonder how the new Volts will be recieved by my Japanese brethren. On one hand, they'll be catapulting these new fission discs further than they've ever imagined in their wildest dreams, on the other, the average course fairway usually maxes out way under 300ft.:|

My local shop got in there shipment today and I think I've got my volts picked out for Friday. Unfortunately they didn't order any fissions lighter than 160 or any plasmas lighter than 169.

Think I'm getting a swirly bright green first run plasma at 175 and a white/blue fission at 163. I've never seen anything like this fission before. It's almost tye dye. Blue streaks on the bottom with kind of a blue splotch center on top. Looks a lot like old school glow in the dark toys.

I hope my online-dealer will have some <150g Fission Volts. I am tempted to try one out!

The best part is they don't really feel lightweight in the hand, or look like lightweight discs in the air. But they certainly are easier to get up to speed, while still retaining the flight characteristics of their heavier counterparts. Super rad.

Also, MVP's claim that these hold a line longer is legit. Comparing a 164 gram Fission to a 169 gram Plasma, the Fission holds its line considerably longer before fading. I really hope people have a chance to throw both back to back to notice the impact Fission has on the flight.

As the patron saint of noodle arms everywhere, what kind of distance are you seeing out of these?

FYI production weights are:

Plasma: 175-168
Fission: 165-155

I hope for 175g Fission. Like extra weight agent in the overmold on the bubble plastic core to provide as high of a gyro effect as possible.

Latest posts