• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP - Fission™ Microbubble Technology

^^ Thanks Aim! The stability is legit on these discs. No messing around. It's a Volt, through and through.

what does it compare to? first run volts?

it's straight for me, where my newer volts are still fairly over stable

what does it compare to? first run volts?

it's straight for me, where my newer volts are still fairly over stable

I don't get the turn like I remember from the first runs (which I haven't thrown in a couple years). Similar HSS to a new Volt, but less LSS. Similar lines, but they hold for longer. I can't get a newer Proton Volt up to speed, for example, so it fades early. This fades late.

yeah throwing the 157 fission for 12 holes before release along side a plasma and very, very beat up proton volt the proton still had a little early LSS but considering it was 20 grams heavier they were very comparable. Plasma are more like a fresh FR with some flip to flat sliiight-turn and then FW fade.

Why aren't they doing Fission below 155g? Seems there'd be a market there since weaker arms issues with MVP are arm speed/snap related.

I don't see a need for that at all. !57g volt is a weaker arms dream disc really. An amp too for that matter. Im sure they could make some sub 150 class discs being regular neutron already has that weight in most of the newer models but the understable ones already are lower power friendly at 150 and up.

I don't see a need for that at all. !57g volt is a weaker arms dream disc really. An amp too for that matter. Im sure they could make some sub 150 class discs being regular neutron already has that weight in most of the newer models but the understable ones already are lower power friendly at 150 and up.

This. The Volt is rad at 155. As are most MVP discs. They tend to be more reliable than other companies in lower weights, in my experience.

Right, they could easily get a Volt in regular neutron or proton down to 155g, like the distance drivers. I just think the Fission-air discs could be in a range more like 145-155g, which would pull in a lot more customers for them.

Right, they could easily get a Volt in regular neutron or proton down to 155g, like the distance drivers. I just think the Fission-air discs could be in a range more like 145-155g, which would pull in a lot more customers for them.

But they couldn't get the volt that low before. My theory is that fission was more necessity for this speed class because these molds came before they refined their process to get molds down to the 150s.

Plus, I don't know that the market for 150 class discs is massive, so I'm not sure the 140s are going to be a huge draw. If anything, it's that mid 160s to high150s space that needs more play from all brands, and fission fills that void.

Also, don't forget the other part of fission: enhanced gyro. It's great to have light discs, but the optimization of flight is the real key.

This. The Volt is rad at 155. As are most MVP discs. They tend to be more reliable than other companies in lower weights, in my experience.

Yeah I never had much to do with 150 class stuff before outside of just messing around with blizzard or some starlite etc but the prototype plasma tesla I have and 150 class ion as well as some other lighter MVPs are very true to their designed flights while offering that unique lighter disc glide and "touch" .. pretty damn cool!

Last edited:
But they couldn't get the volt that low before. My theory is that fission was more necessity for this speed class because these molds came before they refined their process to get molds down to the 150s.

Plus, I don't know that the market for 150 class discs is massive, so I'm not sure the 140s are going to be a huge draw. If anything, it's that mid 160s to high150s space that needs more play from all brands, and fission fills that void.

Also, don't forget the other part of fission: enhanced gyro. It's great to have light discs, but the optimization of flight is the real key.

Lots of people throwing sub 150 Blizzard. Maybe the Volt isn't the disc to do it with, but I think they'd clean up offering Fission at lower weights than 155g.

only high speed drivers that ive seen and they are worthless flying really regardless of the skill level. Might as well throw a ultralight wizard or something.

only high speed drivers that ive seen and they are worthless flying really regardless of the skill level. Might as well throw a ultralight wizard or something.

I assume you mean Blizzard, and I have to agree with you there. But Trilogy offers most of their 'Air' versions at 150g or less. Well, Gateway ultralight is way down there in weight, like 110-130g.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the fission plastic is in the core, and the rims are as durable?
That sounds great. I've gone through a few high 150g Boss and Destroyers, mostly because they were wildly inconsistent with stability. I found ones of each I like and only throw them when I need to because I've seen how they deteriorate. If I want to get beyond 400, that is what I grab, but these X Nukes I have are really getting out there too.
The 170 P Volt I have is more OS than I was expecting, but it has shown me the difference a lot of snap can make on a disc and reinforces the need to really keep that nose down. It isn't a meathook, but if I am having an off day it might as well be. The prospect of a high 150g Volt is intriguing.... ugh, shut up and take my money why not? whooop whooop whoopp whoooop. (fry + zoidberg). A consistent 150 class, with durability, sheeeeiiiiiit.

The newer softer stock neutron stuff isn't but older hard was every bit if not more durable.

:gross: soft flimsy plastic... Fissions seem to be similar to current N in that regard.

Older, mostly neutron. No complaints, rims just not as durable as champ, opto, z. I can see changing the overmold blend to softer for putters, but not drivers.

Last edited:
The newer softer stock neutron stuff isn't but older hard was every bit if not more durable.

:gross: soft flimsy plastic... Fissions seem to be similar to current N in that regard.

See I haven't noticed that with my Fissions. The overmolds seem to be holding up a bit better than the Axiom ones for me. I really haven't had many issues with the newer Neutron like everyone else though.

Older, mostly neutron. No complaints, rims just not as durable as champ, opto, z. I can see changing the overmold blend to softer for putters, but not drivers.

The thing I've noticed is that even when the rims look like garbage, they still fly well. It's a pretty stark difference from the rims of Champ/Z/what have you, where when they are thrashed, the flight changes. It really takes a lot of time to beat up an MVP disc, for better or worse. Tough for cycling, but nice for durability.

they don't bend downwards nearly as easily or warp with the 2 part molding designs IMO which is wayyyyy more important vs cosmetic damage. Discs like soft neutron just don't warp, ever lol.

Its weird to me with the neutron plastic as my N theorys are SUPER durable and harder but yet throwing some other molds hasn't been quite as true. I feel like this could be crazy but anyone else think the plastic "cures" or something and gets harder with age? I swear new from the factory discs are actually "softer" ... ?

They shouldn't look like garbage. I have champs and optos that have seen tons of use, over years, and the rims are still in great shape. Scuffs and maybe a tiny hangnail here and there, but no gouges or scratches. Urethane, you know. That said, my MVP rims are okay, but I've heard that the Axiom Insanity has a pretty soft overmold and I wouldn't want that on a premium plastic driver.