• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP - Fission™ Microbubble Technology

Your power level may be higher than mine

images

The Fission Volt forehands super easy. I was getting easy distance on a hyzer flip with solid fade at the end. This plastic is money.

Your power level may be higher than mine, but I've actually found the Fission Volt to handle a headwind quite well with a pinch of hyzer. Straightens out nicely and still has a little bit of fade.

Loving this disc more and more. Quite pleased to have a Volt back in my bag after a couple years.

very straight and nice but I'm not loving it in the wind. mine is a 156.

Not terrible though

Yeah it doesn't have a big problem in the wind laterally but this thing seems to drop and rise a dozen times in the wind. Just a little hard to predict

Your power level may be higher than mine, but I've actually found the Fission Volt to handle a headwind quite well with a pinch of hyzer. Straightens out nicely and still has a little bit of fade.
I doubt I have any more power than you. All I meant was that I didn't want to judge the disc until I have calmer conditions to base my judgement on. More 20 mph winds today mean I only used the Fission Volt a couple times today, but my impression is that my Volt lineup will go FR-->Plasma-->Fission-->stock Neutron from US to OS, and at least 3 of the 4 will have a spot at any given time,depending on how the Plasma disc beats in. The Plasma and Fission seem to do a nice job of filling the rather large stability gap between my FR and current run Neutron.

Are there any rumors yet for any of the axiom molds to come out in fission?

I think the main point is to get 150 class drivers and maybe some mids or putters which otherwise would not be possible to get in that weight unless run in fission plastic. With all the axiom drivers we have 150-max weight available but the early discs MVP made did not have quite as large of overmolds and see them filling in those gaps as well as maybe using the technology on some of the faster speed distance discs to keep the weights lower as well.

MVP has been pretty disappointing but blizzard MVP seems interesting. I'd try a 150 anode if the plastic was in dx.

you can try a 150 class anode in plasma plastic. the ions ive thrown are a blast! tons of glide but still ions.

I just got my fission Volt in the mail yesterday. The plastic is interesting: very soft and flexible. Not exactly what I was expecting; the feel actually reminds me of G* a bit. You can't see any bubbles or anything of course, which people on here have mentioned. I'll be interested to get it out into the field and give it a try soon.

The Fission Volt is awesome, and MVP was generous enough to give me a bunch to giveaway! Check out the full review for details on how to win:

MVP Fission Volt: Scrumdidilyumptious

Thanks for reading!

.....sounds great, but no doubt there will be skeptics – myself included.

Having dabbled in plenty of 150-class discs over the years – as well as giving competing companies' air-infused plastics a shot – increased stability and line-holding seem to be the exception, not the rule. The discs have all been easier to throw, to be sure, but with that ease of throwing came less reliable flights. It was a trade-off you just had to live with.

Until now.

I can say with confidence that MVP's claims about Fission plastic hold true. And the Volt is the perfect mold to put these claims on display.......

:thmbup::clap::thmbup::clap:

K this is all nice and stuff but when can i get a Volt, Vector and Ion in baseline plastic and a speed 12+ distance driver?

I think the main point is to get 150 class drivers and maybe some mids or putters which otherwise would not be possible to get in that weight unless run in fission plastic. With all the axiom drivers we have 150-max weight available but the early discs MVP made did not have quite as large of overmolds and see them filling in those gaps as well as maybe using the technology on some of the faster speed distance discs to keep the weights lower as well.

Understood. Wouldnt mind see this get taken to a "starlite" level as innova has to get some crazy light weights down in the 130-140's unless they can do that with plasma and still retain the flight characteristics of the said disc.

Latest posts