• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

I haven't thrown the Inertia yet, but I've thrown the Mamba. Judging by Mike's lines, it's not a Mamba, not by a long shot.

JAH!

Wow. To background it, I've only ever bagged up to Speed 9 because I like throwing smooth and I also only throw stuff where I can exceed its headroom and push it into overdrive. Sue me, I was taught by Millennium staff :)

So I didn't have high expectations for myself and the fast Inertia. I didn't get that "ooh my Sidewinder hoard is toast" vibe from the Amp, but loved the Switch, so I figured my power was at its end with GYRO drivers.

Hell no... I threw the Inertia better than any >9 driver ever. Actually reminded me of the first Strikers that made Lat get noticed. A little flip, tons of glide, and just enough bite to set it down. The forward fade looks alien. You'd expect this type of fade from a gently-whipped 7/10 Pro Wraith. But this thing traveled like a smashed-on Destroyer. With my power, I simply don't get lines I like with 10+... this thing nailed it though.

extra-long Sidewinder flight is what I'd call it.

This is good, good news. I bailed on a Sidewinder for a Fury, so it sounds like the Inertia will boot that from the bag. I initially thought the Tesla would start to bleed into the "a little too OS for me" category from the initial descriptions, but hearing these reviews, it sounds like there's likely 3, maybe even all 4 of the DD's, that will find a spot.

Damn, this is fun :)

y no hay un Mamba en la casa, no es verdad

Thanks. Didn't want this to become another "Envy is not as OS as a Zone" situation because of false impressions.

This is good, good news. I bailed on a Sidewinder for a Fury, so it sounds like the Inertia will boot that from the bag. I initially thought the Tesla would start to bleed into the "a little too OS for me" category from the initial descriptions, but hearing these reviews, it sounds like there's likely 3, maybe even all 4 of the DD's, that will find a spot.

Damn, this is fun :)

I used to bag a Fury, and I find the Inertia more reliable in how it holds its line. I think you'll be pleased.

Video is done being edited, just gotta save and upload now. It's pretty short, it was a tough day to test an US disc because not only was it really windy, but it was swirling winds that changed directions every few seconds all day.

I'm bummed. The 380' LHBH throw went out of frame so you can't even see it. Including it anyways because I made a nice putt :D Still have a 365' LHBH shot and one about 350' that are clearly visible, plus some 400-520' rhbh. Also let my friend throw them a couple of times.

Either way I had my longest ever left handed throws by at least 50-60'. I think 300' is about my max left handed before today.

I used to bag a Fury, and I find the Inertia more reliable in how it holds its line. I think you'll be pleased.

Very nice... thanks for the tip. As the Fury beat in, I definitely became more selective in when I threw it. Love that MVP reliability!

Very nice... thanks for the tip. As the Fury beat in, I definitely became more selective in when I threw it. Love that MVP reliability!

For sure. And obviously I haven't beaten in the Inertia, so I don't know if it will get a little more finnicky like the Fury did with some wear. I hope not.

Back from my round.

Bad news: Due to a number of factors, including long pin placements, stoned chuckers, skipped holes, teenage girls in the fairway, babies blocking baskets, jumping trees, and wobbly putts...it wasn't my best round ever. I was 3 off that mark. I put most of the blame on the baby. :p

The great news is that I'm even more in love with the Inertia. I threw my longest drive ever on 6 holes today! The disc just goes. It wants to fly far for you. It's changed my driving in a single round. It has relinquished my Amp to a backup role. There is something so satisfying about getting those extra feet, getting you that easier putt, or more manageable approach.

The Inertia is bagged for good.

^It's the real deal. Give in.

And remember, if you don't like it, one of us slaps in this thread will take it off your hands. :thmbup:

OMM, how much farther does it go than an amp? Servo/switch?

BigSky can probably talk about how much further than the Amp it goes...he's been a more dedicated Amp thrower. For me, a good 30 feet more than the Switch. I'm sure those with bigger arms will get more out of it.

I'm gonna start testing discs lefty too from now on, I had fun with it today. Gives a better perspective for lower power players than my rhbh does.

I've always wanted to put it in the dirt by the basket from #11 long tee. I think I should try with the Inertia :p