• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

This really looks like a fun disc. Was thinking about lines and throws I could use it for during a league round Tuesday. Can't wait to add this one to the bag!

I was having the shakes and sweats from no Mike C vids. Looks like a Mamba in the air. Pretty under stable.

I was really sick, went through a move, ripped off a chunk of my finger etc. Been a rough winter so far :p

I'm going to try and film some more with them today, and hopefully get some friends with different power levels out too. Might bring out some other discs I'm testing and compare them, like the UB drivers, the Millennium Aries etc.

Huge hyzer release! Looks cool to see it flatten and not flip and burn. And the light weights appear to be just a touch less stable. Might need to wait for the next step up in beef.

It's not like a Mamba. The Mamba would turn and burn even at my power level, and was much more touchy to nose angles.

I am not sure, need a ton off hyzer to keep it in the air. That one throw was wicked, like 80 degrees of hyzer. Pretty cool to watch! :thmbup:

I am not sure, need a ton off hyzer to keep it in the air. That one throw was wicked, like 80 degrees of hyzer. Pretty cool to watch! :thmbup:

I think part of that is the MikeC factor. Unless everyone is throwing 450 with a busted finger, this thing isn't a Mamba. It's much more controllable.

80* of hyzer?! try closer to 45* lol.. like onemilemore said already its not understable like a mamba, at all.

What weight is everyone thinking of getting? I usually get all my distance drivers 165-170. Depending on what colors I find will determine what weight I get in that range. I hoping MVP will have some of those off colors for the release. Peach, Lavender, etc.

What weight is everyone thinking of getting? I usually get all my distance drivers 165-170. Depending on what colors I find will determine what weight I get in that range. I hoping MVP will have some of those off colors for the release. Peach, Lavender, etc.

For reference, I usually throw DDs in the low-to-mid 160s, but I was having no problem with a 173 gram Inertia. I ordered another in the mid 160s just to see if I could eek some more distance out of it, but this disc seems to want to fly even at higher-than-normal weights in my case. You'll be fine with your normal weight range.

I preordered with a minimum 7 gram difference between the two Inertias. (Think I should receive a 164 and a 171??) Most distance discs I throw are high 160's, typically.

In my experience, that 7 gram difference has been enough for me to see some different characteristics between discs in the overall flight paths with MVP molds. The lighter ones usually hold a turn more and fade later, whereas the heavier ones typically fade harder and earlier.

Yes, I realize that's somewhat of a general rule of thumb for all discs, but depending on the slot in your bag you are looking to fill for shot selection, you might want one characteristic over another. The MVPs just seem more consistent in that regard. I've had some other company molds that were the same weight and plastic, and just had different behaviors when I didn't see any obvious differences in wear or PLH. I just chalked it up to quality inconsistencies in production.

This is an estimated google earth measurement based on where I threw the Inertia to twice today. If this is an accurate measurement then this is up there with my longest flat ground throws. There was a moderate tailwind that helped me.

otgC572.png

S curve. Looking at the video I think it was 10-15' shorter than that measurement, so probably more like 525-535'.

So can we agree it is not like a Mamba? I know Aim and I were on the same page with that sentiment, but your opinion tends to hold more weight around these parts.

If Mike C threw a Mamba it would probably land 300 feet behind him. That's how understable that thing is.

Hey, Mike. You mentioned moving. Did you go through with the move to NC? Would love to play a round with you some time.

Latest posts