• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

Let me state my displeasure with all of you for making me really want to try another driver on the slightly understable side of things.

That being said, anyone who has a tester that can compare it with terns in champ and/or star? Would they overlap in lines or distance potential?

^I think you'll have more overlap with the TD2, but this feels less touchy to me. I think your Terns are safe, but I'll let you try it for yourself this weekend.

probably not gonna make any friends here but as much as I have been looking forward to getting an inertia I got a g star tern a couple weeks ago and just really played a full round with it yesterday what an amazing disc. If the inertia is half as good as you guys claim it is im sure it will still find a way into my bag, but its gonna be a dog fight to figure out which I will love more.

It's not that understable. It's a smooth turn and a lot of glide, but not flippy. It just feels easy to throw regardless of weight. It's a good design.

I meant it must be less stable if it's easy for a noodle arm to throw well. I didn't think the Inertia was going to be a disc for me but now it's sounding like it might be.

I think the Tern comparisons only came from people hoping the Inertia would replace it.

Really, though - at least based on the couple Terns I have thrown - the two can coexist. The Inertia does not need as much room to work laterally, and it is easier to get up to speed. They also feel very different in the hand, with the Tern having that shallow grip and elongated bead and the Inertia having a more conventional feel.

Finally, the rim widths are off by a couple tenths of a centimeter, I believe. There is a speed difference.

If you want to throw a speed 12 disc for max D and have a speed 10 for control, these will both fit. If you only want to max out at speed 10 (by conventional standards) then yes, the Inertia can replace the Tern. But it's more apples to oranges than anything else.

Yeah plus I have had 3 terns so far.. 2 champs which were actually pretty stable but domey too and then one flat star that had WAY less HSS (which I know is true to the flight ratings)

When I was messing with In4d about replacing his terns I basically just meant you will have a line of drivers that are not warp speed but very controllable and available in different stabilities. Star tern = to Inertia? well... not really but personally couldn't imagine carrying both discs.

These kind of comparisons really start getting "power level" specific also as the speed difference and increased accuracy becomes a lot more apparent. . In the few throws with the interia it basically when where I threw it. I was expecting some fade a few times and it just would keep pushing forward where terns like to helix to get D.

Last edited:
yea I can see where inertia will probly have a space between the tern and the leopard/switch but there is just something about that gstar plastic it has so much forward glide that it resembles the way I felt the first few times I really threw my first neutron volt well, but obviously longer since its a 12 speed for an above averge rec player it feels really good to see a disc finish like that I can only hope the inertia has that feel to it

even my gstar leopard has that kind of finish to it almost makes me feel like there is hope for me yet lol

After looking at but not throwing it, first disc that came to mind was a Valkyrie. Rim kind of has that look and feel. Will be interested in seeing how it flies.

I can see that. When I started playing DG star valks were some of my favorite hyzer flip drivers. Inertia is faster though by a hair.

the inertia is a straighter flyer comparatively but glide/distance/control are similar. Valks/Orc carry well and are fairly forgiving. You can throw the beast in there too but really all those discs except the orc have a lot of HSS turn. The inertia turns but doesn't flip and there is very little LSS.

If you have ever thrown a beat star orc that lost its fade.. interia is very similar.

With volts I generally use them up to 350 max and confident hitting golf lines in the 375' range.. Wide open I can break 400 and hunting for that 450' :D

I was only able to throw the inertia in a parking lot which measured in under 330 range. The one time I really mashed on it (into a headwind) it turned over. This for sure isn't a "power" driver at all its a finesse shooter.

I know MikeC has a bum finger, but how am I supposed to know that I want this disc if I don't see him throwing it a few days before release? :p

Course Report

Got the Inertia out to the course this morning, and here is the main conclusion I drew: This thing LOVES to be hyzer flipped.

I don't have big distance, but I can get enough snap to get intended flight patterns out of most discs. Still, I was shocked at how easy the Inertia was to flip to flat.

It took me a few holes to dial in, though.

First couple tosses with it I was feeling a little sore (didn't stretch well before throwing yesterday), and I couldn't get much on the Inertia. One slipped out of my hand and faded early. Another just stalled a bit. On the third throw with it, I caught a small breeze and it turned over a little.

But when I finally warmed up and found my groove today, it was flying beautifully. I maxed out right around 300 on the flat today, and it excelled at flipping up, riding straight, then fading out nicely - a fade to be sure, but not a huge one - at the end. Absolutely crushed a 380 foot slight downhill shot with it for a drop-in bird.

It reminds me of two discs: An Amp and a Renegade. It has the similar flip-to-flat-to-fade at my power level. However, it is easier to flatten than the Amp, and the Renegade I threw was an Air. The BioFuzion Renegade I've thrown was nowhere near as easy to throw for me.

All in all, I am liking how reliable this is so far. It locks onto the line quick and holds it a long way. On my longest flat shot with it, I had to make it through a double mando about 200 feet down from the tee. I often miss this line by turning something too understable, but there was no problem with the line with the Inertia.

I'm excited to try one a bit lighter to see if I can coax a little more distance out of it. But suffice to say, it's in the bag. Low-powered players don't need to hesitate to buy one.

Got the Inertia out to the course this morning, and here is the main conclusion I drew: This thing LOVES to be hyzer flipped.

I don't have big distance, but I can get enough snap to get intended flight patterns out of most discs. Still, I was shocked at how easy the Inertia was to flip to flat.

It took me a few holes to dial in, though.

First couple tosses with it I was feeling a little sore (didn't stretch well before throwing yesterday), and I couldn't get much on the Inertia. One slipped out of my hand and faded early. Another just stalled a bit. On the third throw with it, I caught a small breeze and it turned over a little.

But when I finally warmed up and found my groove today, it was flying beautifully. I maxed out right around 300 on the flat today, and it excelled at flipping up, riding straight, then fading out nicely - a fade to be sure, but not a huge one - at the end. Absolutely crushed a 380 foot slight downhill shot with it for a drop-in bird.

It reminds me of two discs: An Amp and a Renegade. It has the similar flip-to-flat-to-fade at my power level. However, it is easier to flatten than the Amp, and the Renegade I threw was an Air. The BioFuzion Renegade I've thrown was nowhere near as easy to throw for me.

All in all, I am liking how reliable this is so far. It locks onto the line quick and holds it a long way. On my longest flat shot with it, I had to make it through a double mando about 200 feet down from the tee. I often miss this line by turning something too understable, but there was no problem with the line with the Inertia.

I'm excited to try one a bit lighter to see if I can coax a little more distance out of it. But suffice to say, it's in the bag. Low-powered players don't need to hesitate to buy one.

How much longer would you say it was than the amp? Servo/switch?

How much longer would you say it was than the amp? Servo/switch?

Didn't bring the Amp today and only did one back-to-back throw with the Switch (had my daughter with me, so I was trying to keep moving), so I can't say with certainty other than that the Inertia is longer based on my past throws on those holes. I have never parked that slight downhill shot I talked about before.

I think the difference for my using the Inertia over the others will be control. Dialing in the Amp is trickier for me; sometimes I'll turn it over, and other times it won't grab the hyzer. The Switch wants to turn more when thrown for more distance.

For me personally, though, the Amps are out. I think the Inertia is too close at my power level, and it is just working better for me.

Thanks onemilemore, now I need to get my hands on Inertia too. I just got Star Tern which added 10 meters to my throw compared to Amp and Switch (from 80-85m to 90-95m average), and if Inertia can do that too, I don't need to use a non-MVP driver. ;) Unfortunately we don't get those to Finland before 26.3. Can't wait!

I think I'm going to make a video of myself throwing light and heavy Switch, Servo, Resistor, Amp, Crave and Inertia when I get my hands on Inertia. Maybe compare them to some non-MVP discs also.

FWIW next to the crave yesterday it was noticeably longer even powered down.

"How much" is going to depend how far you throw already and AMP's fly pretty far to begin with. The speed difference is more about being able to throw longer distances more accurately vs actually getting more distance.

FWIW next to the crave yesterday it was noticeably longer even powered down.

"How much" is going to depend how far you throw already and AMP's fly pretty far to begin with. The speed difference is more about being able to throw longer distances more accurately vs actually getting more distance.

This actually works out well. I picture the crave as a tweener with the switch and servo bookending it. Then the inertia comes out for that extra 50 ft or so. Really a nice set up they have come out with. I'm extremely excited to get my pre orders.

Latest posts