• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

I like the Amp, too, but it didn't click for me at first like the Inertia. This one just seems easier to dial in, is all. MVP has certainly come a long way since engineering the Amp, so it's interesting to me to see what they have learned and how it has impacted this mold.

Also, this makes me wonder how much turn the Impulse will have. I was expecting the Impulse to fly like the Inertia is, so now I am expecting the Impulse to be pretty flippy. I'm OK with that.

Okay you guys are getting me excited. 2 last questions please.
1. What would you estimate the flight ratings to be?
2. More or less stable compared to switch and amp? I'm guessing in the middle.

Thanks!

Yea, that's what I thought. I figured I didn't have the arm for the Inertia, but it's so easy to throw far. Now I figure I could probably bag three or four of their distance drivers. The Impulse should be easy to flip.

First thoughts on a handful of throws-- (recorded some video but who knows how it turned out yet)

Easy distance, not super fast but very controllable, doesn't like headwind at all but excels in a tailwind and has noticeably the most forward fade of any disc ive ever thrown. It really wants to just go straight for the most part.

I was only able to throw it a few times in a parking lot without full power but into a 10-15mph headwind it did turn over fairly easily and off line even given some hyzer release. For my power level its just a bit too understable to be a go to distance driver but will be curious to see what I can do out on the course with it. Especially rollers :D

The comparisons to a longer amp are pretty accurate IMO. Slightly more HSS though. Very nice mold for those looking to move into the distance driver world.

Okay you guys are getting me excited. 2 last questions please.
1. What would you estimate the flight ratings to be?
2. More or less stable compared to switch and amp? I'm guessing in the middle.

Thanks!

Too early for me to say on both accounts. I'm inclined to say yes, somewhere in the middle, but I am not throwing my usual weight. If you have an Amp, knock a couple grams off of it when you snag an Inertia. That should help.

It seemed less stable than the Amp, considering its speed. I'd put it at 10/5/-2/2.

Let's put it this way. My Amp is just showing turn after hundreds of throws. This disc turned from day one.

Last edited:
I really need to throw it for 18 holes before its possible to say specific numbers on it.

You could even say its a -1 / 1 mine was very straight even at 300' and underpowered but I have a feeling throwing this in the summer more it could look like -2 / 1 ... there isn't much fade at all IMO.

I was throwing in summer weather, so that can also make it seem less stable, no?

I was throwing in summer weather, so that can also make it seem less stable, no?

I always get that crap confused from winter vs summer /high or low elevation/humid vs dry etc lol...

Ill say, Yes? It was 35 here and light snow falling with a good wind and humid air. Was fairly understable and more so than I expected.

I'm taking this thing to altitude this weekend and am certainly expecting it to be more stable. Maybe the Impulse will be good for those times.

Regardless, I am really happy with my decision to take out the Amp and Volt and wait for the new DDs. The flight feels more comparable to the Switch to me, so it just seems like a natural jump.

The Inertia is going to shine on the distance lines! Lower power throwers will achieve glidey, straight neutral lines, and power throwers will achieve immense hyzerflips to bomb into the distance! Coming 3-21-14.

tuJBlTMl.jpg

I like the Amp, too, but it didn't click for me at first like the Inertia. This one just seems easier to dial in, is all. MVP has certainly come a long way since engineering the Amp, so it's interesting to me to see what they have learned and how it has impacted this mold.

I agree with this. I took to the switch and inertia quicker than the amp. In fact I have two amps. One is a Zamp stamp early with a decent dome that can bomb abut also can be a bit touchy. The other is flat with a higher PLH and flies more like an inertia but obv a bit slower. All of this combines to tell me that as time has progressed the production is improving the flight, at least for me.

I'll agree on the Inertia being so easy to throw far. It almost seemed effortless today getting it out around 400. Glide is incredible and I found that I doesn't take a crazy amount of spin to get her going either.

Really enjoyed throwing these in the cold today. I thought results were going to a lot worse. I received a 173g White Inertia and 173g Blue core/ Red rim Crave tester discs yesterday. I've got a few vids on YouTube but they're pretty crappy (just search MVP Inertia & I'm the "other" 4 vids). I really need a better camera, a tripod and volunteer to help record shoots. :/

Has anybody thrown any lightweight ones? Last weekend I decided to kick volt and amp out of the bag for a while because servo and switch were going as far or farther. Probably because they are about 15g lighter.

Has anybody thrown any lightweight ones? Last weekend I decided to kick volt and amp out of the bag for a while because servo and switch were going as far or farther. Probably because they are about 15g lighter.

Not sure any of the testers received light ones. However, I generally tend toward the light end of the spectrum. I have a Switch that is 162, as well as Servos at 155 and 163. The Inertia, though, doesn't feel to me like I am going to need to go as low. The 173 I threw had some turn to it out of the box, but I just want to put in a little less effort. I ordered something between 164 and 166 from Community Discs, and I think that is going to be plenty light for this design.

Not sure any of the testers received light ones. However, I generally tend toward the light end of the spectrum. I have a Switch that is 162, as well as Servos at 155 and 163. The Inertia, though, doesn't feel to me like I am going to need to go as low. The 173 I threw had some turn to it out of the box, but I just want to put in a little less effort. I ordered something between 164 and 166 from Community Discs, and I think that is going to be plenty light for this design.

I am surprised it is that understable.

All of us are commenting on the glide. I'll go ahead and say that it has the most glide of any MVP/Axiom driver.

Latest posts