• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

I recommend using a truly under-stable midrange and fairway from another company temporarily until you beat in the Amp or switch and Tangent enough to fill in the gaps.

I agree. I've never gotten an MVP disc that's flippy like other companies. Even after a lot of use. My Amp or Tangent holds a great anny but doesn't "flip". For me MVP has always been a tad hard to hyzer flip too.

I've got a flippy Lat 64 Fury and Fuse for those shots I need a turnover for. This is one spot I've always thought MVP lacked although I fully admit I haven't tried a light weight Switch. And many people talk about a flippy Amp but that's not been my experience with the one's I've gotten.

Back to the topic, I can't wait for the Inertia. I've got 7 drivers that I use and nothing would make me happier than replacing them all with the 4 MVP DD.

my switch 172g was eager to hyzer flip straight off the rack my form is just bad so I throw it all over the place but your right about the tangent it has been increasingly frustrating lately. almost as if at some point I hit something the wrong way with it and it doesnt really wanna turn anymore of course this could also be attributed to my bad form lol

Last edited:
Looks great....but I need that Tesla.

It haunts me.

Tesla-band_zps461bd0fc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My Amp or Tangent holds a great anny but doesn't "flip".

That's how mine were when fresh, but after throwing them for a season or two the amp has gotten very flippy for me, i have to be careful almost. I'm thinking about throwing in another Amp for practice rounds just to start getting another one beat in.

The Tangent took a long time to change even a little bit but once it lost that first bit of HSS it has really broken into a turnover, but its a slow controlled turn and that's why i like it so much. I had to put a Tursas in the bag for a while till i got it to this stage though.

From the sound of the Inertia it has a little turn out of the box (-2, 2), so the Impulse should be flippy, cant wait.

That's how mine were when fresh, but after throwing them for a season or two the amp has gotten very flippy for me, i have to be careful almost. I'm thinking about throwing in another Amp for practice rounds just to start getting another one beat in.

The Tangent took a long time to change even a little bit but once it lost that first bit of HSS it has really broken into a turnover, but its a slow controlled turn and that's why i like it so much. I had to put a Tursas in the bag for a while till i got it to this stage though.

From the sound of the Inertia it has a little turn out of the box (-2, 2), so the Impulse should be flippy, cant wait.

My Amp is a 172 Red Neutron and it's been my go to disc since I got it. I've had it for about 7-8 months. It's broken in but not to a flippy point. It does have a substantial dome. Not sure if that makes a difference.

It's been very consistent for me but if it does start to turn too much on me a new one is just a click away.

Now, my Neutron Volt that a little over a year old has gotten not really flippy but a lot more high speed turn. Goes about -2.5 tern with a 1 fade. But depending on height, angle, speed etc. I can make it do all kinds of lines.

My Amp is just easy straight laser control up to about 320.

How difficult is this one to get up to speed to see a good flight. For example, I find the switch very easy to throw but I got a beefy amp that was more difficult. Where does this one fit in? In other words how will this one work for smaller arms using the switch and amp as comparisons?

How difficult is this one to get up to speed to see a good flight. For example, I find the switch very easy to throw but I got a beefy amp that was more difficult. Where does this one fit in? In other words how will this one work for smaller arms using the switch and amp as comparisons?

Tough to say. I think if you can throw 350 you will get a full flight out of it. I was throwing one in a mild tailwind today at a basket about 360-370. It took a few throws to get the release angle dialed in but thown for me at about 75-80% on a hyzer was the sweet spot for the Inertia. After getting the release angle dialed I was throwing it on big hyzer flip S's well past the basket. After today I think MVP was smart in the design of the the wing size because these will be accessible distance drivers, and still allows the flexibility to go bigger down the line if they choose.

I got some of the shots mentioned above on video. About to start editing.

Scratch that. It was so bright out with the sun shining and snow everywhere that the disc just disappears into the sky on like every throw Time for a better camera. Had some really nice practice ace runs and really thought a few times I would throw it in. I think I'm gonna edit it anyway for my own form critique so hopefully I'll find a few shots where you can find the disc.

I would say that if you're throwing under 280, the Inertia will be fairly stable. It seems to get some turn around 300. With anny, around 300, it was turning over nicely.

I would say that if you're throwing under 280, the Inertia will be fairly stable. It seems to get some turn around 300. With anny, around 300, it was turning over nicely.

And, if the Inertia is stable, that person will probably love the Impulse. Pretty cool that there are still 3 of these DD's to be released and that people can gauge what they're looking for from this initial release. I think that was pretty smart to reveal the whole range and relative differences from one another so there's a little something for everyone to be geeked up about.

Too soon to wonder which one will be released next and when? ;-)

And, if the Inertia is stable, that person will probably love the Impulse. Pretty cool that there are still 3 of these DD's to be released and that people can gauge what they're looking for from this initial release. I think that was pretty smart to reveal the whole range and relative differences from one another so there's a little something for everyone to be geeked up about.

Too soon to wonder which one will be released next and when? ;-)

Yep, my eyes are on the inertia and impulse - just trying to decide which one.

Very, very limited first impression of the Inertia: This thing is going to be fun to throw.

Mine's also white, 173 grams, and I actually found it easier to get up to speed than I expected. I'm in the 300 range (give or take 30 feet depending on how well I am controlling nose angles that day), and I think one in the 165 to 166 range will just be butter.

Even at the higher weight, I was getting a slight turn out of it, but not a ton to where it needed a lot of lateral space to work. I also found the fade to be pretty mild, unless I got the nose up. Then, it dumped. But so will any disc, so that's on me.

What I liked most about it was how it handled on low lines. You can really see the glide keep it aloft and give it extra distance, but it was easy to keep low and stitch through some trees.

I probably won't have a chance to get a full round in with it until tomorrow, but I am very encouraged by it. I also would not hesitate to recommend this to someone who doesn't throw far. It is easy enough to control, and if you get one light enough I think it can be perfect. I found it, like Menace, more intuitive than the Amp, and overall really workable.

I agree with everything you said, onemilemore.

Except the part about the workability of the Amp, but I'm super biased, so take that with a grain of salt. ;)

The Inertia is too much fun to put down. It's going to be my go-to disc for long holes. Now I'm looking forward to the Tesla, which I really wasn't before.

I agree with everything you said, onemilemore.

Except the part about the workability of the Amp, but I'm super biased, so take that with a grain of salt. ;)

The Inertia is too much fun to put down. It's going to be my go-to disc for long holes. Now I'm looking forward to the Tesla, which I really wasn't before.

I like the Amp, too, but it didn't click for me at first like the Inertia. This one just seems easier to dial in, is all. MVP has certainly come a long way since engineering the Amp, so it's interesting to me to see what they have learned and how it has impacted this mold.

Also, this makes me wonder how much turn the Impulse will have. I was expecting the Impulse to fly like the Inertia is, so now I am expecting the Impulse to be pretty flippy. I'm OK with that.

Latest posts