• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

Definitely want to try the MVP distance drivers. Unsure if I'll be able to wait past the first run or not.

Definitely want to try the MVP distance drivers. Unsure if I'll be able to wait past the first run or not.

no reason to. these have been through extensive R&D without any retooling or anything to worry about happening in future runs. All new MVP discs have come out fresh to death.

There is no first run per se.

:lol:

I'm sure I'll buy one of these, but I have serious doubts that it will touch my Terns. Over time, I've pretty much replaced all my MVP stuff except my Shock. Seems I just don't make the discs fly the way they are supposed to.

I've had some amazing golf throws (for me at least) with the tern. if this coud replace it, I'd be seriously impressed.

I've had some amazing golf throws (for me at least) with the tern. if this coud replace it, I'd be seriously impressed.

Tern is a higher speed disc, depending on how far you can throw, you most likely will not get more distance with the Inertia (speed 10ish).

I'm speculating that it will be slightly shorter, but much less touchy and easier to range/control.

All new MVP discs have come out fresh to death.

I second this, having bought every first run release from MVP since the Amp/Shock I can say each has been as advertised, safe to say MVP adjusted their process and there won't be any first run inconsistency again.

I find it remarkable how consistent they have been aside from a few growing pains along the way.. considering a two-part mold.

Pardon my short memory - are these going to benefit from the same process that allowed them to make 150 class Switches?

Tern is a higher speed disc, depending on how far you can throw, you most likely will not get more distance with the Inertia (speed 10ish).

I'm speculating that it will be slightly shorter, but much less touchy and easier to range/control.

I second this, having bought every first run release from MVP since the Amp/Shock I can say each has been as advertised, safe to say MVP adjusted their process and there won't be any first run inconsistency again.

I find it remarkable how consistent they have been aside from a few growing pains along the way.. considering a two-part mold.

slightly shorter with more control is fine. Terns are really far as is.

How MVP molded up the servo/switch was said to use "new" technology which allowed for greater weight transfer to the outer rim. Notice how fat the nose if of the OM on the switch especially. I remember Zam saying something about the "new" process which these drivers will feature and also allows for the wider weight ranges which we don't see in the older models (volt/shock)

Last edited:
Wish they would run some Volts in the new process. Would love some low 160g Volts.

I'm sure they will come around but a servo or a new light MVP distance driver should aprox for a bit.

That is what I am hoping for. The Servo has been fantastic in the lighter weights so far.

I just preordered an inertia from justin at Community. I can't wait to test that out.

I just got a couple or Servos which i'll test out tomorrow at a little get together in Mooresville. I'm hoping they'll do well.

Wish they would run some Volts in the new process. Would love some low 160g Volts.

I don't think its possible. Im pretty sure we have 2 different sets of cores with the new MVP discs a light version and heavy. then they use their ratio or whatever and set the OM weight. With older moldels like volts, I believe all the cores are within a few grams of eachother. With the new switch/Sevo/Resistor models it seems pretty obvious to me we have lighter cores.

The issue before was if you removed weight from one of the volts you lost the "gyro" b/c little/no weight is added to the core only the OM. It sounds like they have figured out how to keep this consistent across new models but its not something we will see with older ones.

Missed the edit window. Just got an email from the bros that testers went out today. Should be here by Tuesday I'd imagine.

Latest posts