• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

Missed the edit window. Just got an email from the bros that testers went out today. Should be here by Tuesday I'd imagine.

Alright, so can ya quit the belly-achin' about not getting your free discs fast enough?

(totally kidding. That was my envy and jealousy talking ;-))

Glad you guys will have them. Eager to read about first impressions before my pre-orders arrive. The long DD wait is almost over!

Ohhhh, hey... that's a future Axiom mold name.... the Jealousy! hehehe

Alright, so can ya quit the belly-achin' about not getting your free discs fast enough?

(totally kidding. That was my envy and jealousy talking ;-))

Glad you guys will have them. Eager to read about first impressions before my pre-orders arrive. The long DD wait is almost over!

Ohhhh, hey... that's a future Axiom mold name.... the Jealousy! hehehe

No belly achin here, just keeping everyone in the loop. :thmbup:

Also, methinks Zam got them already. :popcorn:

No belly achin here, just keeping everyone in the loop. :thmbup:

Also, methinks Zam got them already. :popcorn:

Really was just kidding.

It's always neat to read the different perspectives and reviews beforehand to get to know the disc. Makes the hands on about a week after you guys get them more prodictive right off the bat!

...and I'm back. Holy crap.

I'm sorry. I shouldn't start an unbiased tester review like that.

What I meant to say was HOLY CRAP!! :D

I don't have a lot of time to write a novel review. Let me give you some key points.

It is longer than both the Amp, and Volt.
I was throwing it 300' fairly easily. Which for me, is a long throw. I even threw it 300 from a standstill. That is not something I ever do. This disc gave me instant D, from the very first throw.

I took it out againt a DX Beast, along with my Amp and Volt. Both the Beast and Inertia were getting similar D, but the Beast was turning over badly and rolling on several throws into a headwind. The Inertia, although not a very overstable disc, held its own against the wind and stayed fairly straight.

I'm very happy to see some turn out of this disc. At 300-310, it was turning slightly, then coming back with an easy fade. It really is very much like a longer Amp. On a couple of standstill throws it held an anny beautifully, and then faded back at the very end. Such an awesome flight to see!

The Inertia will please noodle arms, big arms, and everyone in between. One other thing I should mention is the comfortable grip. The overmold is noticeably wider on this disc than on the other fairways. The grip is right about at my width comfort limit, but it still feels great in the hand. It has that familiar smaller grip MVP feel.

I was not really expecting to like this disc at all. I figured that the Impulse would be my favorite. To say that I'm pleasantly surprised is an understatement. I haven't seen any videos of the Inertia, but I'm sure big arms will get monster turnovers.

I said a while ago that this might be their most popular disc. They've hit it out of the park.

sounds fun to throw! Ill weigh in... tomorrow?!

:D

had to post it here too.. the green on that Inertia

I would like to have one but with the fern ground cover in the summer would be impossible

uYak6bAl.jpg

Volt vs Inertia

Amp vs Inertia

It's hard to get a good pic of it, but you can instantly tell that the Inertia has a wider overmold than all the other drivers. I'm assuming this has to add to the GYRO effect.

Amp vs Inertia

The Inertia has a low profile, and feels very sleek in the hand. It also has GLIDE. Such a nice disc.

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos! You can definitely see the extra width in the overmold. Very cool. Looking forward to tossing it when it gets here!

Wow that dome looks much bigger than anything else they have made, the glide must be good, can you comment at all on how the disc carries/glides?

No, it's not domey at all. It has less dome than the Volt and Amp. I don't know how such a flat disc glides so well. GYRO? Has to be.

It's not quite as flat as my Servo, but it's about the same flatness as my Switch and new Crave.

Very sleek. Built for speed.

flat strikers (old runs from FR) were stupid flat but glide like hell.. don't be fooled by dome lol. What other max D drivers you have thrown would you say its up there with for "speed"?

It matched the DX Beast in glide and distance. But it had much more control. So I would put it at a "speed" 10. Maybe even pushing an 11. I don't have the arm to see its full potential.

I have a X Avenger that I might test it out against. That's about all I have thrown to compare it to.

It went farther than both my Amp and Volt on the very first throw. And even though I've added to my D, I'm still a pretty noodly arm. Its speed over every other MVP disc is readily apparent.

Volts are plenty fast so that's good to hear. looks like a smashed volt which is what I was hoping for. little less HSS but also less LSS off the shelf.

Last edited:
No, it's not domey at all. It has less dome than the Volt and Amp.

I don't mean the top of the disc being domey, the bevel above the rim is prolonged, looks there is much more surface area before the "dome" flattens out is what i meant. This might explain the good glide your claiming. The more surface area for air to travel over the disc would create more lift or "glide". its more noticeable next to the volt.

Last edited:
For you bigger arms, put some hyzer on that thing and watch her flip for a long turnover. You're gonna love this disc.

ill be curious to see how far this flies but wont really be able to let it rip tomorrow when it comes.. we are under a winter a storm warning for tomorrow :| if UPS makes it ill be throwing this sucker tho along with a watermelon :D

All M V P for 2014

I'm new to the site. I joined a while ago but I hadn't really been on. I just started playing last year with mainly Innova discs and played pretty good. I got a black Vector in Neutron plastic and loved it! I got hurt at work and had to have neck surgery 2 weeks ago. I made a decision last week to switch my entire bag over to mvp discs and play more and try to improve my play in 2014 . I'm excited about the new drivers, only have 2 more discs that are not mvp!

I'm new to the site. I joined a while ago but I hadn't really been on. I just started playing last year with mainly Innova discs and played pretty good. I got a black Vector in Neutron plastic and loved it! I got hurt at work and had to have neck surgery 2 weeks ago. I made a decision last week to switch my entire bag over to mvp discs and play more and try to improve my play in 2014 . I'm excited about the new drivers, only have 2 more discs that are not mvp!

I recommend using a truly under-stable midrange and fairway from another company temporarily until you beat in the Amp or switch and Tangent enough to fill in the gaps.

Last edited:

Latest posts