• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

I like how Inflight has the Inertia at 4' more than the Volt. A whole four feet! I'm kinda hoping it's a bit more than that in real world tests. But I won't know until May at this rate.

Flight numbers are pretty subjective. Plus (and this is important), a lot of players don't realize that if you don't throw the disc to its potential distance, you won't see the same flight.

MVP has done their flight charts right.

http://www.mvpdiscsports.com/media

As the disc is thrown faster (farther), the High Speed Stability of the disc is overcome, resulting in the disc turning over.

For those players throwing under 300', the Inertia will be much straighter than a "-3."

I like how Inflight has the Inertia at 4' more than the Volt. A whole four feet! I'm kinda hoping it's a bit more than that in real world tests. But I won't know until May at this rate.

lol. I<3inbounds ...

While inertia IS longer its not a big power driver at all and the volt holds up much better to torque. What do they have the volt at for max D?

IMO if a person cant throw volts very far they will be able to throw this disc further but its way less HSS than I like in a "go-to" driver.

In Westside this would clearly be rolling at 11/72/0/1. Which really means 10/5/-2/2.

Sorry for the noobish question and the slight thread derail but I've been thinking to myself that my new Lat 64 discs are not as stable as I would expect using Innovas flight numbers. I'm starting to put together that trilogy ratings show discs as more stable than they really are? Interestingly the charts at inbounds don't seem to reflect this.

Sorry for the noobish question and the slight thread derail but I've been thinking to myself that my new Lat 64 discs are not as stable as I would expect using Innovas flight numbers. I'm starting to put together that trilogy ratings show discs as more stable than they really are? Interestingly the charts at inbounds don't seem to reflect this.

Correct. Inbounds is a averaging of many different sources to get the flight rating which can be good and bad depending on the sample size they have used to get the rating in the first place..

Latitude always as been a little weird with ratings even when they were brand new the spike was faster than the pure etc but they are identical discs pretty much lol. The king was probably the most historic failure along side the northman. Both are UNDERSTABLE. :\

The peace I've made with the 4 number system goes like this:

They're meaningless in a vaccuum. They really only apply in the sense of comparing molds to each other. This one has more HS turn than that one when thrown at the same speed, etc.

Further, they also will mean different things for each player based on how you throw.

Never mind when two unrelated manufacturers are trying to use the 'same' system.

So, really, what it comes down to is, you have to learn your own rating number system through trial n error. Once you get a feel for that, only then can you really even start to try to use the number system to get an idea what a disc will do for you before you throw it.

The peace I've made with the 4 number system goes like this:

They're meaningless in a vaccuum. They really only apply in the sense of comparing molds to each other. This one has more HS turn than that one when thrown at the same speed, etc.

Further, they also will mean different things for each player based on how you throw.

Never mind when two unrelated manufacturers are trying to use the 'same' system.

So, really, what it comes down to is, you have to learn your own rating number system through trial n error. Once you get a feel for that, only then can you really even start to try to use the number system to get an idea what a disc will do for you before you throw it.

Excellent post. The numbers and charts are merely a guideline. Throwing the discs is the only way to know how they'll fly for you.

The way I got to this 'conceptual model' was by asking myself about the 'speed' numbers. What's 'speed 8?' Is there a standard velocity, like, x m/sec @ release? There's no universal standard that I'm aware of, so maybe speed 8 for Innova is speed 9 for Lat64. Who knows? It's just arbitrary numbers for comparison sake.

You have to establish your own baseline by getting comfortable with several discs from the manufacturer.

BTW, I'm hoping to get out of work with enough daylight today to finally throw this thing. My plan is to throw it alongside a broken in (not beat) Star Beast, 2 Star Terns one pretty new, one seasoned not beat, and see how they compare for me. I throw the Tern about 350 +/-, and I'll report back my results.

The Inertia is faster than the Beast...The Inertia is like a some of the more HSS Mambas I've thrown (but much better feeling in the hand).

The Inertia is faster than the Beast...The Inertia is like a some of the more HSS Mambas I've thrown (but much better feeling in the hand).

Just threw one at lunch, and while it was only a few throws, I could not get it out nearly as far as my Aries which is similar to a Mamba. Hope to throw it some more soon after a warm up and on a course instead of a field.