• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

Without being able to see the exact discs in the retailers stock its going to be kind of hard to narrow down a blended color like that. Plum to some might be more purple even too like the dark purple vs lighter.

The term "flippy" is relative to the player's power, skill, and preferences. One man's flippy is another man's controllable.

The issue for me is preference. For me, the wider the rim a disc has the less comfortable I feel throwing it with multiple release and nose angles. I chose to practice flat releases because neutral discs are the most versatile across conditions. If I have to throw a DD with more than 15 degrees or so of hyzer/anhyzer I feel like it could get away from me. With that amount of hyzer the Inertia is quite understable for me.

Does anybody know what community or other retailers are calling the swirly "plum" color.

If you really want to know, Justin (community) is generally very responsive, even when he's busy, he'll usually respond to questions eventually.

He probably wouldn't mind if you emailed him this picture and asked if he's got anything close.

The term "flippy" is relative to the player's power, skill, and preferences. One man's flippy is another man's controllable.

The issue for me is preference. For me, the wider the rim a disc has the less comfortable I feel throwing it with multiple release and nose angles. I chose to practice flat releases because neutral discs are the most versatile across conditions. If I have to throw a DD with more than 15 degrees or so of hyzer/anhyzer I feel like it could get away from me. With that amount of hyzer the Inertia is quite understable for me.

I only got a few tosses in late yesterday after work, and it was windy and I was throwing cold, etc, blah, blah...

But I will say that @ 168, my Inertia seemed to have noticably more turn than a 175 *Tern or a 172 *Beast.

I see where AFtC is coming from, it is a mellow turn in the sense that it doesn't, like, 'pop' up from a hyzer, so it makes it more predictable/controllable that way, but it rolls (over) more for me than the Tern, Beast, or maybe even my Amp, thrown at the same speed, even though the Amp is "slower."

Last edited:
The term "flippy" is relative to the player's power, skill, and preferences. One man's flippy is another man's controllable..

I tend to disagree with this. Just because a disc acts differently at one power level over the other doesn't make the mold itself flippy.

When I think of a disc that is flippy it turns over at almost any power level like the Unlace, Vulcan, Mamba, Monarch, wolf :p

Basically you cant stop them from going right without totally powering down or like you said with steeeeep hyzer and then you get those shots that still flip tooooo much or not enough and height comes in to play much more.

Is the inertia understable?! Hell yes. Probably even a little more so than I like in a DD but don't see it fitting the flippy term. I think that gets overused big time by people who throw like crap more often than not.

I guess really its just semantics but feel like when someone says a disc is flippy (no matter what power) its not going to be easy to control with any decent form/power.

Flippy is just a bad term that tells me more about the person using it than it does about a disc.

Why is "flippy" a bad term? how is it any different than saying "this disc has a lot of turn" or "this disc is very under-stable"?

Seems more like "flippy" has almost become derogatory around here, so when someone describes something as flippy they are describing it as unusable. It may not be the case, but it comes off a bit derisive.

Seems more like "flippy" has almost become derogatory around here, so when someone describes something as flippy they are describing it as unusable. It may not be the case, but it comes off a bit derisive.

Yeah, I mean... honestly, the problem for me is that hyzer flipping really understable discs is kind of a gamble with my current form.

I'd prefer something that wasn't quite as unstable as the Inertia, but honestly, finding a disc that gets you distance, that isn't TOO unstable, but still lands to the right is kind of difficult.

I just need to improve my form/accuracy so that hyzer flipping this Inertia gets me the distance and left to right I need without cut rolling.

Yeah, I mean... honestly, the problem for me is that hyzer flipping really understable discs is kind of a gamble with my current form.

I'd prefer something that wasn't quite as unstable as the Inertia, but honestly, finding a disc that gets you distance, that isn't TOO unstable, but still lands to the right is kind of difficult.

I just need to improve my form/accuracy so that hyzer flipping this Inertia gets me the distance and left to right I need without cut rolling.

I think, aside from form, it also has to do with power. I only throw 300 feet or so, so the "flippy" discs tend to be my bread and butter. One person's flippy is another one's perfect, ya know?

I mean, look at the Switch. Mike C would call that thing flippy, but I use it as my main fairway.

I think, aside from form, it also has to do with power. I only throw 300 feet or so, so the "flippy" discs tend to be my bread and butter. One person's flippy is another one's perfect, ya know?

I mean, look at the Switch. Mike C would call that thing flippy, but I use it as my main fairway.

But that's the issue-- MikeC shouldn't call it flippy b/c its reported many times by average players it wasn't even as understable as they thought. If you look at the flight chart from MVP it doesn't go right and hold like a "flippy" innova charted flight. Its not made for someone who throws 500' really to use at that power. So yes it becomes extremely understable when someone like that throws the disc the mold itself is not flippy, at all. Are Leos/Cheatahs/Gazelles "flippy"?

Flippy connotes lack of intent. I've seen someone try to throw straight, only to have their disc turn over, and then exclaim "flippy POS!". Yet I've never seen someone execute a beautiful turnover shot and exclaim "I love me some flippy discs!".

I ordered an Inertia from Disc Golf Store last week so it should be here for a tournament I have coming up at the end of May. I hope it is as flippy as some here are describing because that means it will be neutral for me.

Flippy to me means that a disc will turn over and cut roll when thrown for its intended distance range in calm conditions. Out of the 150+ discs I have only one that fits that description, a VIP Air King 159g.

Last edited:
My personal experience with flippy is when I found some weird disc called a terminator or something with golf ball like dimples along the rim which I threw a nice hyzer flip that literally turned over upside down 100' off the ground and just fell to the earth.

Now that WAS a flippy POS. -- I can see how the air king could be close :p

I ordered an Inertia from Disc Golf Store last week so it should be here for a tournament I have coming up at the end of May. I hope it is as flippy as some here are describing because that means it will be neutral for me.

Flippy to me means that a disc will turn over and cut roll when thrown for its intended distance range in calm conditions. Out of the 150+ discs I have only one that fits that description, a VIP Air King 159g.

I typed the bolded part as a joke because I used Disc Golf Center's Free shipping, which means a combination of FEDEX and USPS, and that does take a while. I mistakenly typed Disc Golf Store and wanted to clear that up. Both are great resellers and both ship out orders pronto.

The snow melted enough I finally got in some throws with the Inertia for the first time.

It's a step up speed-wise from the Volt/Amp, but not a big distance driver like a Halo or Bolt. When thrown flat I got some nice turn for a long while and a small fade at the end. More understable than a Volt, close to an Amp, but not as understable as my Lat64 Bolt, nor quite as far. With a very slight hyzer release it would flip to flat quickly and go very straight with that very small fade at the end.

If I can get some consistency with it (only about 10 throws today) I can definitely see this as having a lot of use for tailwinds, uphill shots, near max D etc.