• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

Closest flight wise to me would be a Monarch.

I've had Fedex Smart-post take anywhere from 3 days to 11. From the same place.

Just tested out my Inertias, 174g and 169g.

I was able to push them out to around 375-400' a couple times but i don't feel like i got a real solid rip in the 6 throws i had with them today. The first two throws thrown flat and relatively low, they turned over quite a bit for me and went to the ground before they had a chance at fading back. After adjusting the height by a couple degrees i was getting some beautiful turnovers that turned quite a bit and then a little past half way through the flight they start fading back VERY slowly, it wants to stay flying straight and gets a lot of forward penetration without dieing and losing that extra distance at the end. These also have great glide, and the ease of turning them over combined with the slow forward fade is going to make for some huge hyzer flips that keep going forever and some long turnovers that will go much farther than my amps.

The flight numbers I would use to describe the Inertia at MY skill level are:

Speed = 10.5
Glide = 5
Turn = -2
Fade = 1

Im excited to see a straight flying disc with forward penetrating fade now to compliment this Inertia.. *cough* Tesla

Last edited:
Just tested out my Inertias, 174g and 169g.

I was able to push them out to around 375-400' a couple times but i don't feel like i got a real solid rip in the 6 throws i had with them today. The first two throws thrown flat and relatively low, they turned over quite a bit for me and went to the ground before they had a chance at fading back. After adjusting the height by a couple degrees i was getting some beautiful turnovers that turned quite a bit and then a little past half way through the flight they start fading back VERY slowly, it wants to stay flying straight and gets a lot of forward penetration without dieing and losing that extra distance at the end. These also have great glide, and the ease of turning them over combined with the slow forward fade is going to make for some huge hyzer flips that keep going forever and some long turnovers that will go much farther than my amps.

The flight numbers I would use to describe the Inertia at MY skill level are:

Speed = 10.5
Glide = 5
Turn = -2
Fade = 1

Im excited to see a straight flying disc with forward penetrating fade now to compliment this Inertia.. *cough* Tesla

Right on. Nice review.

Sounds like these are fairly understable. I'm hoping the Tesla will fill a gap between my Giants and my Terns. I certainly won't be ditching the Terns for the Inertia.

Sounds like these are fairly understable. I'm hoping the Tesla will fill a gap between my Giants and my Terns. I certainly won't be ditching the Terns for the Inertia.

It is more understable than I was expecting. It's got plenty of distance potential, but the Tern should still be longer. You could probably sneak it in somewhere if you wanted to add another mold. Maybe as a less stable complement to your OLFs?

It is more understable than I was expecting. It's got plenty of distance potential, but the Tern should still be longer. You could probably sneak it in somewhere if you wanted to add another mold. Maybe as a less stable complement to your OLFs?

That's what I use my seasoned Volt for, brother! I swear it's been in the "sweet spot" for a year, if not longer. No matter how many throws, this baby stays just how I want it! I've had mids (mostly Rocs and Buzzzes, lol) that "hold any line" but this Volt is the first driver I've had that truly lives up to it. I swear it's made me a better player.

It's why I still consider the Volt to be MVPs finest release. Maybe the Tesla will change my mind lol

That's what I use my seasoned Volt for, brother! I swear it's been in the "sweet spot" for a year, if not longer. No matter how many throws, this baby stays just how I want it! I've had mids (mostly Rocs and Buzzzes, lol) that "hold any line" but this Volt is the first driver I've had that truly lives up to it. I swear it's made me a better player.

It's why I still consider the Volt to be MVPs finest release. Maybe the Tesla will change my mind lol

That's what I suspected when I went back and looked at your thread. First run? Those Volts definitely had a nice, workable amount of turn. I'd imagine a seasoned one would be nice.

I had no intention of being able to throw the Tesla well, but with the Inertia falling on the stability scale where it has, I have new hope.

Yep, first run Neutron. I've got another freshie waiting in Colorado that I will slowly be working into the sweet spot as well.

These reviews of the Inertia make me think the Tesla will be more like a longer version of the first run Volts, as opposed to a longer version of the current-run Volts. Time will tell of course, but I will for sure be picking up a pre-order on a Tesla. Might get an Inertia for my wife if I can find one in her weight range and color preference.

That's what I am hoping for the Tesla: Some turn, but a hefty fade. Something a weaker-armed person like myself can use in a headwind, but regular-armed folks will find straight and reliable. Motion as the OS beef and Impulse as the roller.

Or, they could have the first four designed to leave more gaps to fill in on the 2.0 cm side of things. At this point, the world is MVP's oyster.

I finally started clicking with my Inertia today. Footing was better than it has been yet this year with most the snow melted and I'm getting back into shape after a long winter hibernation. My Inertia finally nailed some lines exactly the way I was visualizing in my head. It's a great disc for hitting a gap down the fairway and it glides as well as any MVP disc for it's speed. I'm still probably only getting 360' in the cold and slop, but that's on lowish golf lines, so it's still respectable all things considered. I can see this disc getting a lot of work for distance shots in the trees because it comes out of my hand going straight with hyzer and stands right up through the gap.

Until the shots I had today I just couldn't get that excited about this disc...Now I'm geeked to throw it some more. It's starting to remind me of some flattish Z Flashes that I used to throw when they came out...It's definitely in a place speed and stability-wise that few other discs out there occupy exactly.

Finally put some calm tosses in with the inertia, maybe 30 or so, just field testing. So far, once learned this will be the go to DD. The volt and amp have been my workhorses as I can only throw the volt tops 320 on an amazing throw. I know I couldn't handle a 11 or 12 speed that has beef or is OS, but the inertia out of the box flips up and rides right so well, then barely fades at the end. Maxed out at a pr 350 with it today and loved the forgiving glide. Definitely a great beginner driver.

In the wind for me it was way too US, even on a hyzer. I can't wait for a 165-169 g tesla, that will be the bomb.

The inertia is what the axis is for me, slight ride right finish straight...

So far so good. First round of the year tomorrow, so we shall see the new plastic go...

Newbs, get an inertia
Power guys, get an inertia, great roller
Tweeners, nice hyzer flip and learning driver.

Played my second round with the Inertia today. The first round I played with it Wednesday, I was getting very nice glide off of it. Today I was getting more distance with my Switch until my very last throw that I pulled out all the stops. I pulled out too many stops and gave myself a slight injury....but the disc flew wonderful.

I don't know what I was doing different Wednesday, but I need to figure it out and go back to it. I am not blaming the disc, it was the thrower, but I will say that with a powered down shot, the switch is much better.

^^ It's not uncommon for those who are just learning to throw to get more distance with lower speed discs. I'm not saying I'm anything special, but I'm finally at the point where I can see that faster discs are...faster.

As your form improves, so will your experience with the Inertia. Just don't go pulling any more muscles. :)

Not a rule but likely a rule of thumb that the better your form the more your disc class distances will have a proper spread. No reason anyone shouldn't throw what works best for them in a given moment though.

Yes, it is form...unfortunately, my changes from day to day. If I am having a good day, I can do the Swedish style, bad day I throw all hyzers. A bad combination of Jesper Lundmark, Will Schusterick and Avery Jenkins.

I still haven't thrown mine yet but one thing that has me thinking is spin. I saw MikeC's video of them and though he throws way farther than many of you who have tested yours, I don't see his throws being very understable/flippy. Yes he puts them farther than what others have reported back but he's also more likely than not putting way more spin on them - keeping the disc more stable.

I have a high spin throw and am curious whether that will cause my opinion of the disc to differ from many of the others here commenting. Mike can out drive me but I'm not far behind so I am indeed excited for this regardless of my posts a few pages back - hyzerflips are my go-to:)

Yes, it is form...unfortunately, my changes from day to day. If I am having a good day, I can do the Swedish style, bad day I throw all hyzers. A bad combination of Jesper Lundmark, Will Schusterick and Avery Jenkins.

:thmbup: Sometimes when I am having a bad day I compare myself to deranged versions of pros as well. I guess it's golf, and in a game when you only have one winner and 30-100 losers we all know those ugly feelings.

Pretty interesting, GripEnemy. Let us know what you discover. I have noticed that when I get better spin, the discs do fly differently. I assume this goes for any disc, but the Inertia seems to have more noticeable GYRO properties.