• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

My hands don't lie and they tell me the Inertia is a little bit wider than the Volt. I believe the Volt is also a little wider than the Amp/Shock.

Yep. The difference in feel is instantly noticeable.

I simply put the inertia behind the proton volt and the inertia is ever so slightly wider. Feel or no feel it's extra D.

Yesterday I used it for a few holes on a temp course I tried it once into a slight headwind with a hyzer release and it just turned pretty hard. With a tailwind though this thing helped me bag two nice birdies, it is the best tail wind driver I've thrown, the gyro gets Mother Nature assistance, two forces of nature are better than one.

This disc for me perhaps because of my green arm needs to be learned as the season goes on. If the difference between the volts and the inertia distance wise is this big, it will be scary to see the 22 and 23mm speed 12 and 13 DDs. The big arms will have fun....

I simply put the inertia behind the proton volt and the inertia is ever so slightly wider. Feel or no feel it's extra D.

Yesterday I used it for a few holes on a temp course I tried it once into a slight headwind with a hyzer release and it just turned pretty hard. With a tailwind though this thing helped me bag two nice birdies, it is the best tail wind driver I've thrown, the gyro gets Mother Nature assistance, two forces of nature are better than one.

This disc for me perhaps because of my green arm needs to be learned as the season goes on. If the difference between the volts and the inertia distance wise is this big, it will be scary to see the 22 and 23mm speed 12 and 13 DDs. The big arms will have fun....

So it sounds like you're getting more than the extra four feet that inbounds shows?;)

Well, I definitely can't throw the Volt ~400, but I can throw the Inertia that far. Though, even with a big hyzer flip, mine are more understable than what inbounds shows.

My apologies to all. I was using a scientific method and the Inertia and Volt are within .5MM.

Volt FTW

if the difference is that small, I might skip my most desired disc of the year, the Tesla, and just get more Volts haha

Volt FTW

if the difference is that small, I might skip my most desired disc of the year, the Tesla, and just get more Volts haha

thats the harsh reality ive been coming to terms with.
i wish mvp started with 'speed 12' drivers instead.

When did MVP say that all of their distance drivers were going to be the same diameter/rim width? A little difference with the overmold could push the rim out another mm or 2.

I don't understand the big deal on rim size. From your guys' reviews, the discs fly completely different regardless of whether one rim is .5mm different. Why is this a make or break on a different disc without a release date yet?

Indeed, regardless of wing size the Inertia is pretty dang long. It's actually surprisingly long for it's wing size. I suggest throwing one (or any of the others in this class when they come out) rather than making assumptions based on measurements. You may be surprised by how long they are - I know I was. Maybe it's the unicorn horn dust they're sprinkling in the OM these days who knows but regardless of rim size this disc can bomb. Again - not tern or bolt long but closer than you might think.

I threw my new Inertia yesterday in pretty calm conditions. it seems to me like a longer Switch. Nice s-curves. holds an anny line too. i can't wait for the more stable DD's from MVP.

When did MVP say that all of their distance drivers were going to be the same diameter/rim width? A little difference with the overmold could push the rim out another mm or 2.
They did say upon announcement of this series that the four were all 20mm rims

Between the fact that "speeds" are typically divisions of 1mm, the rounded lower wing edge on MVP, and the WD-40'd ease with which threads like this are aggravated... NOT SURPRISED to see the fur flying over fractions of mm's.

By Chad's CAD the classes are 17mm for Servo class, 18.5 for Volt class, and 20 for this new distance class. Calip' it how you will, the pudding's proving itself significantly longer in the air.

As for a teaser on performance of the next model, from Brad: "Chad won't shut up about it." See? Their HQ is almost like our threads! Haha :)

By Chad's CAD the classes are 17mm for Servo class, 18.5 for Volt class, and 20 for this new distance class. Calip' it how you will, the pudding's proving itself significantly longer in the air.

As for a teaser on performance of the next model, from Brad: "Chad won't shut up about it." See? Their HQ is almost like our threads! Haha :)

I'm getting TONS more distance from the Inertia compared to an Amp. Same sort of deviation from a Switch to an AMP as well. These are very well thought out designs and production runs.

Chad needs to spill the beans already on the next release ;-)

Well F**k!, I just threw my Inertia into some deep water - it's gone. Anybody know where I can get a hot pink 155? I've tried all my regular vendors but no luck. I know I'm being picky about weight and color but I was just so happy with the way mine flew I just want to get one as close as possible. Also, I find hot pink the easiest color to find so I figure that's what I want for my primary driver. Please let me know if you know where to find one. Thanks.

Most of the big retailers should be restocking soon. I can almost guarantee that discgolfcenter.com will have some light pinks in their next order.