• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

Loving my Inertia, today it bombed farther than the amp without hardly the effort, at least 40' more.

Finally got to throw this and my Crave today. Very disappointed unfortunately...I was expecting to try the Crave and end up selling it but loving the Inertia - got the opposite results. Loving the Crave at least!

In a R>L crosswind I threw with a pretty steep hyzer (assuming the wind would help it not turn) but man did that thing want to go OB to the right regardless of my wants. Cool, no biggie...walk it off. Slight tailwind I threw it with a slight hyzer release (not much though) and a bit nose up. I figured it would rise, turn, ride, and slight fade if all went according to plan. Didn't even make it to flat - rose as expected and just stayed left. Okay, misjudged that one...again I'll just walk it off. Throw a slight anhyzer along the side of a hill (parallel to the ground) assuming it will not fade. Guess what? It faded and left me in the crapper yet again. Walk it of GE, walk it off.

Try throwing a true hyzer with it on a slight uphill left turn - the ****er soars right. Had a few others shots with it I didn't mention here and we just didn't click. Some may love this thing but I for one and going to put it up in the MP tonight. :sigh:

It has a brain of its own:wall:

One round and you are done with it?! Sounds like the enhanced gyro was eating you up bro. :p

Sorry you didn't like it though. If its in good condition ill consider a refund less shipping.

It took a few throws for me to click with it, too, and I threw it like garbage yesterday. Take a day, don't sell it, and try again. When it clicks, it's worth it.

Orrrr...one of us slaps in this thread will buy it from you. :thmbup:

Finally got to throw this and my Crave today. Very disappointed unfortunately...I was expecting to try the Crave and end up selling it but loving the Inertia - got the opposite results. Loving the Crave at least!

In a R>L crosswind I threw with a pretty steep hyzer (assuming the wind would help it not turn) but man did that thing want to go OB to the right regardless of my wants. Cool, no biggie...walk it off. Slight tailwind I threw it with a slight hyzer release (not much though) and a bit nose up. I figured it would rise, turn, ride, and slight fade if all went according to plan. Didn't even make it to flat - rose as expected and just stayed left. Okay, misjudged that one...again I'll just walk it off. Throw a slight anhyzer along the side of a hill (parallel to the ground) assuming it will not fade. Guess what? It faded and left me in the crapper yet again. Walk it of GE, walk it off.

Try throwing a true hyzer with it on a slight uphill left turn - the ****er soars right. Had a few others shots with it I didn't mention here and we just didn't click. Some may love this thing but I for one and going to put it up in the MP tonight. :sigh:

It has a brain of its own:wall:

I'm having a hard time dialing it in as well. Love the crave and servo, but the inertia has been difficult for me. I typically throw fairly neutrally, and have had good success with leopards and even mambas. I just seem to be misjudging it. I'll keep trying because I was extremely excited about this coming out. But, at the moment, I'm definitely misthrowing it. I'll keep tossing it on second throws, and hopefully I can get it dialed in, but at the moment, I'm all over the place. For the record, it's 166 sky blue.

After my 2nd round with the inertia its very snap happy. If you don't give it the speed its going off line but if you hit it right it will lock in a lot tighter. I was able to get a lot of distance from very high lines which generally im not as comfortable throwing with faster discs like my cannon etc (often way nose up and stall out) but found the distance coming easier given similar technique.

Its really not a power disc that's what you have to remember.. its esstentially like how a comet is to the mids the interia is to the DD's where its not forgiving but very easy to throw and rewards the hell out of good form.

After my 2nd round with the inertia its very snap happy. If you don't give it the speed its going off line but if you hit it right it will lock in a lot tighter. I was able to get a lot of distance from very high lines which generally im not as comfortable throwing with faster discs like my cannon etc (often way nose up and stall out) but found the distance coming easier given similar technique.

Its really not a power disc that's what you have to remember.. its esstentially like how a comet is to the mids the interia is to the DD's where its not forgiving but very easy to throw and rewards the hell out of good form.

This I can see. Well, more field practice is in order I suppose. I did get one nice shot off with it today at least.

One round and you are done with it?! Sounds like the enhanced gyro was eating you up bro. :p

Sorry you didn't like it though. If its in good condition ill consider a refund less shipping.

. . . . .

Not your fault my good sir:hfive: 9/10 no ink - I'll debate keeping it tonight but more likely than not it's going to you or someone else. I'm confused by you saying it needs both snap and speed, but is not a power disc lol. Doesn't speed+snap=power?

I'm quite content with my form, I can throw Buzzz' on a rope just shy of 400' all day every day, and rarely get the chance to air out any shots (none of my local courses have field holes like that, except for Tinnicum) but I'd be throwing something more stable/OS than the Inertia on those holes anyway.

I had some great shots with the Crave today which was exciting. I throw OLFs and used to also bag JLS' but came to the conclusion a disc between my Buzzz/OLF combo is redundant due to powering up or down, throwing higher or lower lines. The Crave to me is if OLFs and JLS' did the dirty and had a youngin' - it's down right controllable. Hyzerflip to turn, flip to flat, flat slight turn, flat and never coming back, hyzers, whatever - it does what you tell it to. Even handled winds like it was nothing.

The real question is, what other fruit with Axiom release?:)

It took a few throws for me to click with it, too, and I threw it like garbage yesterday. Take a day, don't sell it, and try again. When it clicks, it's worth it.

Orrrr...one of us slaps in this thread will buy it from you. :thmbup:

I keep telling myself "OLFs go far enough" then say "but you can throw something farther." This debate happens all the time in my head and I really need to just suck it up and stop trying to fix something that isn't broken. Like I just said to Aim I'll think about it for a few hours but more likely than not I'll be getting rid of it.

All in all the Inertia made me excited about MVP again and was the reason for me getting a Crave (I thought there were watermelon Inertias so I snagged one and a Neutron, only to find out it was the Crave in watermelon). Once I realized that I had already sent AFTC money and said screw it may as well try one anyway. For old times sake I even switched out my Clutches for my old friend Ion today. Aside from my Buzzz I carried all MVP/Axiom and had a great round regardless of some slight frustration here or there.

It surpises me that you like the crave but not inertia. IMO the interia is like a faster crave that has been seasoned in already.

My comment on power I guess I mean more "torque" vs power. It likes to get up to speed and cruise there but not be over worked if that makes sense-- it does the work.

Gotchya.

Craves have enough turn for me already, with a hint of intentional torque they could fly as far right as BigSky's TM Vision:rolleyes: One day I'll have a seasoned Crave but that will because I threw the **** out of it lol.

I can't wait for the other drivers. Great speed for me, I throw these as far as I throw the "speed 13" ones, and they're much more comfortable. I dunno if I've already posted that, here, yet so forgive me if it's redundant...

Gotchya.

Craves have enough turn for me already, with a hint of intentional torque they could fly as far right as BigSky's TM Vision:rolleyes: One day I'll have a seasoned Crave but that will because I threw the **** out of it lol.

Looks like my Vision has earned its place in DGCR lore. :thmbup:

The visions with the eye stamp that were truly flippy are great discs. never been ones like it really at that same speed and newer ones are much more HSS. Monarch is the closest comparison but feels nothing like it lol...
Lat = Euronnova.

My comment on power I guess I mean more "torque" vs power.

I think this is spot on.

The whole lineup will show you if you're not getting 'enough' spin for the speed you're throwing. They all perform their best when there's sufficient spin/speed ratio.

I think the Inertia REALLY shows this characteristic. After some more field work last night, it really flies so much smoother when I get that good whip...plus it's like it has a bit more HSS on those throws.

Latest posts