• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

I'm not a long thrower and I've found the Inertia to be very turny. Maybe because mine is min weight, maybe because my throws arent smooth. Mike C can throw bombs with it because his throws are so clean you can do eye surgery with them. Give me some time with it and I'm sure I can dial it in but just throwing wild it is understable for days.

Spent my first day out with mine today. It honestly was not what I expected. My inertia is a 173 in white. I normally throw a beast or an archon as my distance driver depending on the shot. I don't have a big arm, I hit around 300 to 325 on average. The beast for is relatively easy to hyzer flip or make do whatever I want.

The inertia for me was not quite as understable as my beast. I'm guessing with a little seasoning, and with some tightened form I'll get there. I never have an amazing day the first time out with a disc, so I'm not to worried.

Feels good in the hand though. I'm definitely excited. (If that's not the biggest alley oop for jokes...)

Spin definitely improves the flight of the Inertia...Compared to my first day out with it I think increased spin is getting me better results.

Living in FL the last 7 years I got used to yearlong humidity and warm temps and this honestly had me with a loosened hold on my discs because of the grippiness. Playing a lot here in MI the last couple weeks with cold temps and slick/stiff discs I've noticed that I really have to work to get grip/spin, especially on my drivers (thank you soft Proton Anode for your all conditions grip, no problems there). Yesterday I was warming my discs a bit and breathing on my fingers for more grip and the extra rpms on my Inertia were the deciding factor in my successful outing with it. The spin gives it the glide it needs to ride out the understability and lift when it comes back.

My first time out on the course today in 3 months and was loving this disc. Even into some crosswinds I was getting crazy distance with accuracy and it would ride very well. The turn is surely apparent but there is also always some degree of LSS. I threw a few huge 400+ shots today from rollers to tailwind flex shots and hyzer flips without ever feeling like I was getting out of control.

I was very surprised at how well it responded to a tailwind and hit a perfect straight shot in a 25mph+ looking just like a proton volt on a calm day. I tend to release with hyzer so its not an issue for me with this disc at all and being able to control the amount of initial turn with the degree of hyzer is great and it never once flipped way off line.

All in all I am very happy with this disc and the 155g vs 175 are not that different in my experience today. It was a very open course where I was playing and am excited to play some tighter wooded ones where this thing is going to excel. Its understable but like the tangent can be worked.

being able to control the amount of initial turn with the degree of hyzer is great and it never once flipped way off line.

Well put.

Even thrown flat with a little air under it, the inertia never felt like it would turn over too much out of my control, i get very consistent turn over that always pans out into a slow fade no matter how hard rip it.

I did not get this predictable feeling with my terns that sometimes turn into oblivion, although the inertia isn't as long I think its going to save strokes and keep me in the fairway more often.

I walked into a half frozen pond today and fished around in murky water to recover my Inertia after it ricocheted off of an unseen limb on a leafless tree. There was no way that was getting away from me.

I walked into a half frozen pond today and fished around in murky water to recover my Inertia after it ricocheted off of an unseen limb on a leafless tree. There was no way that was getting away from me.

Lol I allllmost went for a huge shot with the perfect left to right wind to carry the drive over a pond but it was just a little too much of a headwind and wasn't going to go play icebreakers like I watched the guys before me do. Couldn't believe one of them walked out on the ice :| What weight are you throwing? What really surprised me was the 155 being nearly the same and even had some fade to it.

In4d- Even into cross winds which I expected it to literally just disappear on and was throwing more for fun they ended up being pretty good shots although the lines were beyond conventional to get there it really just wants to ride forward. Height also really allows for the LSS to kick in.

I have a 175 Stormtrooper. I'd like to try a 172 in translucent Neutron plastic, but that's just me being picky.

I have a 175 Stormtrooper. I'd like to try a 172 in translucent Neutron plastic, but that's just me being picky.

Come again? Where have I been lurking to have missed this?

Also, you're last post made me think of the iron leaf and "dead in the center of the heart of the chains" :D

MVP has different coloring agents, one of which is white and really makes the plastic opaque. This is mixed to make several of their newer pastel-type colors. When held up to light these discs let almost none through. By contrast some of the other brighter Neutron colors let a lot of light though. The different coloring agents give the plastics a slightly different feel as well imo.

Using calipers, I don't see a rim width difference between my Volt and Inertia. Let the hating begin.

MVP has different coloring agents, one of which is white and really makes the plastic opaque. This is mixed to make several of their newer pastel-type colors. When held up to light these discs let almost none through. By contrast some of the other brighter Neutron colors let a lot of light though. The different coloring agents give the plastics a slightly different feel as well imo.

Right on:thmbup:

I was thinking there was some crazy "Proton Neutron" I wasn't aware of. Very much familiar with run to run/color differences and their flight+feel (among other variables):)

Inertia had a slightly larger rim when i measured it, regardless even if the width was the same, the shape of the disc makes it a higher speed rating.

Using calipers, I don't see a rim width difference between my Volt and Inertia. Let the hating begin.

I just measured the two as well. From what I can tell from a regular ruler, they are the same width. But I'm not the manufacturer, and don't know how they measure their molds.

All I am certain of (and I think all would agree) is that the Inertia is faster than the Volt class of drivers.

My hands don't lie and they tell me the Inertia is a little bit wider than the Volt. I believe the Volt is also a little wider than the Amp/Shock.

lets be honest the volt is something around a 9 speed the inertia a 10. so its not like there is gonna be a lot of rim difference. I think the mvp site has a 3 millimeter difference which isn't much.