• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

I'm really hoping the Impulse flies like the seasoned TM2 Vision that I lost last year. In other words, easy D for a noodle, easy to flip, and easy to roll when needed.

It may not be lost, yet. Probably still gliding to the right and hasn't landed.

Ha. Yea. I miss that disc.

MVP hasn't made anything close to it yet (that we know of).

Even if I beat the snot out of my Amp, it'll never be as flippy as that Vision was.

Sooooo, tried the Inertia today on just a few holes (hit up my "home" course which is just longer than a pitch 'n putt).

First impression was that the Inertia is far more understable than I anticipated. I throw Volts ~410 on flat ground for what it's worth.

Thrown from flat, the Inertia wants to turn very quickly. As others have said it doesn't dump or cut roll, but it does turn. Given some height, it always came back for me, but it does need quite a bit of height to flex out.

On a hyzer flip, the disc holds a long straight line for a good third of its flight before starting to pace into its turn. In this respect it's godly for far-doglegs.

The fade, again as others have mentioned, is incredibly forward-penetrating. There's a decent amount of skip (more so than the Volt class drivers), which is nice as well.

All in all, the Inertia flies nearly identical to my beat P-PD. Which is a flight pattern I've missed since switching to all-MVP.

Field Testing Round 2:
When I first tested this disk I thought I was really going to like it. After another full round I'm sure of it. This isn't my furthest disc - that honor goes to my Tern or my Bolt (Bolt more and more). What this is though is my longest disc that I can fairly accurately and repeatedly place - it's consistent. My favorite shot for this disc is just throw it fairly flat where it just glides along about 15' high with a slow turn and then slowly glides back to the center line for that soft flat landing - very easy to repeat this without much effort. I think the lack of effort required is what helps it stay consistent. If I have to try too hard to throw other discs bad things can happen. I also practiced annys today with this disc which worked out great. If thrown anny and low it will hold the line for 90% of the flight then fight out just at the end to land flat - sweet. If thrown way high with anny you can get a big sweeping "S" turn. Long sweeping hyzers - check. For my power level this disc is very neutral which allows me to shape it however I want which is really nice. This is my second "must have" disc from MVP. I like the Switch and the Axis but I have other molds that are competing for those spots. The Inertia and the Tangent have earned their spot in the bag and aren't coming out. I usually play with a dozen discs in the bag but I bet I wouldn't add too many strokes if I played a round with only these two discs. The reason being they are both predictable and "shapeable" if that's a word and if that makes sense. Loving the Inertia if you can't tell :)

Last edited:
Field Testing Round 2:
When I first tested this disk I thought I was really going to like it. After another full round I'm sure of it. This isn't my furthest disc - that honor goes to my Tern or my Bolt (Bolt more and more). What this is though is my longest disc that I can fairly accurately and repeatedly place - it's consistent. My favorite shot for this disc is just throw it fairly flat where it just glides along about 15' high with a slow turn and then slowly glides back to the center line for that soft flat landing - very easy to repeat this without much effort. I think the lack of effort required is what helps it stay consistent. If I have to try too hard to throw other discs bad things can happen. I also practiced annys today with this disc which worked out great. If thrown anny and low it will hold the line for 90% of the flight then fight out just at the end to land flat - sweet. If thrown way high with anny you can get a big sweeping "S" turn. Long sweeping hyzers - check. For my power level this disc is very neutral which allows me to shape it however I want which is really nice. This is my second "must have" disc from MVP. I like the Switch and the Axis but I have other molds that are competing for those spots. The Inertia and the Tangent have earned their spot in the bag and aren't coming out. I usually play with a dozen discs in the bag but I bet I wouldn't add too many strokes if I played a round with only these two discs. The reason being they are both predictable and "shapeable" if that's a word and if that makes sense. Loving the Inertia if you can't tell :)

I completely agree with everything you've said. :hfive:

yea I think I need to throw this more like my old volt when I first got it. I didn't quite understand then that you could lay into it and it would still hold a nice smooth line. I used it more like a slow fairway driver. I think if I threw my inertia in this way it wouldn't turn over so hard on lower lines. I do love the high turnover capabilities of this disc, though my area has a bunch of woody courses where I don't get to throw that very often... well maybe no 6 at Lincoln Ridge park....:D

These are like 12 bucks at disc nation right now too, if anyone needed any extra incentive to try on. I would if I wasn't hoarding my Paypal right now for the Discmania store

Communitydiscs.com has a ton of them. 15 bucks and $1 dollar shipping. That's 1 dollar more than the other place unless you order more than 1 disc. They're 3 dollars per disc. Community is $1 per order so load up.

Man this thing is flippy, but with some hyzer it will ride out straight for a bit and still have some turn in it before fading back.

Man this thing is flippy, but with some hyzer it will ride out straight for a bit and still have some turn in it before fading back.

Got a 168 today and this is exactly my experience after 36 holes with little fade. This is what I was wanting from the amp originally. I throw 350 max distance and for now will be be going volt(main driver), amp for long straight with little fade. And inertia as my hyzerflip-anhyzer driver.

Just fwiw at my power range I can't fully turn over the amp and even the switch fades back after turning over at the very end. The inertia does not fade back for me. At least I havent seen any fade yet(it was windy)

Tldr this is the first truly flippy mvp disc for me and I love it.

Last edited:
FWIW the inertia is not "flippy" there is a difference between a understable disc and flippy. Now the one right below this model I think will be safe to call flippy.

There are much less HSS discs out there than the interia which never come back or stay on any line with some degree of power.

Flippy doesn't normally mean controllable and this disc is very controllable.

Completely agree. Also, I'm looking forward to the flippy one (Impulse). I'm hoping it will good for long right turning sweepers that don't come back. What else could it be if is going to be less stable than this one? I'm also looking forward to the one that will be one step more stable. When I first saw the news on these distance drivers I was thinking the 2 least stable ones would work for me. As it stands now I'm pretty sure 3 will work - woot.

What is nice about MVP is they take away the need to cycle molds.

You can get 3 different models and also use 1 model for many shots. The most recent fairways and the new DD's really are branching off this IMO. I also was under the impression I would like the 2 stable drivers but after throwing this I will easily carry one of each and no need for a beat in motion or seasoned telsa etc.

The ion and Anode started it all :) Outside of the bead you could use those discs interchangeably for the most part with a subtle difference in LSS off the shelf.