• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Resistor

winds 25 mph with gusts up to 40 tomorrow. cant wait.

there is nothing more satisfying than defeating wind with beefy ****.

Was hoping mine would come today...it didn't.

Now I have to wait until Tuesday (our battalion mail room doesn't pick up mail until then due to a four-day weekend here) to try this and my Tank and Panzer. Naturally, I was more looking forward to the Tank and Panzer but I still want to try this Resistor.

I also tested throwing thumber with 80% power, its slowly rotating like Latitude XXX, but it didn't gain as much distance. I think its the gyro effect that makes all mvp discs acting weird when throwing thumber. They dont want to do it :).
I'm glad I'm not the only one with this experience. I toss Eagles and Firebirds thumber, and figured the Volt would fly similarly to the Eagle. Not even close! It didn't even complete half a rotation and crashed to the ground when thrown on a low line that the Eagle excels at. Throwing it on a higher line it still rotates very slowly, and loses distance compared to the Firebird. I too assumed it was a product of the Gyro, and have been carrying thumber only discs. Maybe I'll have to try tossing an Amp thumber, and see how that goes.:confused:

Yeah--I've had no luck with overhands of any kind with MVP. More often than not they rotate to complete vertical and head for the ground.

Interesting with the OH talk here. I attempted a skymahawk yesterday with an amp and it wouldn't flip, splashed into the pond oblivion. I've thrown a few thumbers with shocks and it flipped but it kept going dead straight instead of turning with a barrel roll to the right like my Firebird would.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this experience. I toss Eagles and Firebirds thumber, and figured the Volt would fly similarly to the Eagle. Not even close! It didn't even complete half a rotation and crashed to the ground when thrown on a low line that the Eagle excels at. Throwing it on a higher line it still rotates very slowly, and loses distance compared to the Firebird. I too assumed it was a product of the Gyro, and have been carrying thumber only discs. Maybe I'll have to try tossing an Amp thumber, and see how that goes.:confused:

I throw the P Volt and N Shock for thumbers and they behave just as good as my trusty flicks and XXXs. I actually had a 200 foot thumber with a p volt I put right under the basket without really setting up two days ago. Different strokes for different folks but thumbers are also my personal specialty for get-out-of-trouble shots.

Interesting with the OH talk here. I attempted a skymahawk yesterday with an amp and it wouldn't flip, splashed into the pond oblivion. I've thrown a few thumbers with shocks and it flipped but it kept going dead straight instead of turning with a barrel roll to the right like my Firebird would.

I have an FR shock that is actually flippy that the skymahawk works great-- sooo fun and really glad to have seen that video of beard throwing them. OH's hurt :\

really excited for this baby and some forehands more than anything.
#smackmyB*up.

Just got bunch of Resistors today, looking forward throwing them. Got them in range of 159g to 172g. Nice flatly goodness! The rim feels great. I love the light blue color.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with these discs, they came out exactly as planned and they will continue to do so, just buy one and see if you can prove me wrong
There's no way mine is anything but overstable. Flat as a pancake(flatter actually) and lots of wing below the PL. Like and even more overstable Tracker.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with these discs, they came out exactly as planned and they will continue to do so, just buy one and see if you can prove me wrong

but what if the second run sucks? Or maybe mvp wont be making down to 159 anymore. Maybe he wants to wait to make sure they are consistent and keep making what he wants so he doesn't have to search for OOP discs. Just saying. MVP is pretty good about this, but considering this is the first time they made a disc this low in weight they very well might not go that low. And they have had a change before with first run and second run so it wouldn't be unheard of.

nothing against MVP. Just trying to rationale behind the sentiment.

but what if the second run sucks? Or maybe mvp wont be making down to 159 anymore. Maybe he wants to wait to make sure they are consistent and keep making what he wants so he doesn't have to search for OOP discs. Just saying. MVP is pretty good about this, but considering this is the first time they made a disc this low in weight they very well might not go that low. And they have had a change before with first run and second run so it wouldn't be unheard of.

nothing against MVP. Just trying to rationale behind the sentiment.

Considering the 158s are performing just as well as the higher weights I highly doubt this. This a completely new neutron core they are testing in the resistor and so far it is proving to be very sufficient and we should expect this not only through out the resistor runs but also through the rest of this new fairway line up. I am extremely excited to see what comes down the line next

I'll go with past experience on this, as opposed to your assurance. I actually loved my FR Shock, but it was a less stable than the Amp I own today.

Not really putting MVP down here, but I have vowed to stay away from First Runs.

I should wait anyway, have lots of discs in my Bag to try right now in this slot (e.g. Discraft protoype from Ace Race).

Got a purple 172 on the way thanks for Justin at communitydiscs.com. Also got the a neutron white mini to match my two white anodes. Can't wait.

Just got my Resistors in. They're so flat they almost look weird if you put them on a counter top. The way the overmold sits so high, and the board-flat top causes a very unique overhead look.

The grip is also unlike any other disc I've felt. The rim feels small, and is reminiscent of the Tensor, but in fairway form. The FH feels very comfortable, and fits like a glove.

Unfortunately, I pulled some muscle in my right rib area on Tuesday and I'm out of commission for a few days. :mad:

I'll see if I can test these bad boys out on Monday. Or whenever I heal. :\