• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Resistor

Not trying to throw water on the fire, but are we sure they will be available in light weights on this first run? I recall seeing Community listing them at 173-177, unless that was info that was pasted wrong from something else.

On community discs: Initial Release Weights: 160-176g.

Btw, after ordering Resistor with free shipping to Finland, they changed the offer as "Free domestic shipping". ;)

I'm getting pretty stoked that these are available in lighter weights. I figure I'll pick up a 165 when DGC releases theirs. Hopefully they get some of the new light blue, or purple colors.

I love the neutron purple and the new lt. Blue looks a lot like the opaque blue ions.

I got so excited after making the preoder and then realized I have to wait 2 weeks for it, plus shipping. The problem is that I want it now

Anyone know how to not have the patience of a toddler?

Sure learn to love the discs you have!

That I do, I am trying to not go too disc crazy since I am new. So I only currently have 9 discs (2 of them different types of wizards even, so realistically 8) and don't want to go much further until I know them all well and start getting better at the game. Also at my bag size I feel like I use all of the discs and there are no unused spots.

I wonder how they know the flight already, maybe they get early access for making their flight charts?

If that's the true flight, then it will fit in my bag right between my Tensor and Shock distance wise.. possibly even a replacement for the tensor!

Resistor
5135032.png
Tensor
5647381.png
Shock
4321230.png

Last edited:
I wonder how they know the flight already, maybe they get early access for making their flight charts?

If that's the true flight, then it will fit in my bag right between my Tensor and Shock distance wise.. possibly even a replacement for the tensor!

5135032.png

Inbounds explained how they get flight charts out early before a disc is released in the Salient thread. They see a new disc coming out, call the company and gather data and descriptions from said company. Then based on that they create a flight chart. They also do this with other discs because there is no way for them to get all those discs to all their team of testers to create the flight chart based on the throwing tests. So this is probably fairly accurate but it could possibly fade more. We won't know til the mvp testers actually throw them

Speaking of, according to those charts, the Vector and Tensor are almost the same disc. Are they really that similar?

It could be bc I don't carry a disc in that slow driver/utility slot but I'm just not too excited for this disc.

The one intriguing aspect for me is the new core. Could result in some real nice molds in the future.

It could be bc I don't carry a disc in that slow driver/utility slot but I'm just not too excited for this disc.

The one intriguing aspect for me is the new core. Could result in some real nice molds in the future.

what do they mean new core though...whats the difference between the core and the flight plate?

All current fairways have the same core with diff overmolds
The new core is allowing for a smaller wing, aka 7 speed drivers. It is also allowing for lighter production weights which could be a game changer for them.

Speaking of, according to those charts, the Vector and Tensor are almost the same disc. Are they really that similar?

No their not. The vector stays straight longer, and doesn't fade as quickly. The Tensor will hold up in wind a lot more than the Vector though, and it should fade faster and harder at the end than the vector will.. they will end around the same distance left (RHBH) though. The vector is also longer for me by quite a bit.. maybe 50' or more. And as far as putting them on different lines, like a vector will hold an Anny line MUCH longer and a tensor will just pull out of it right away.

But if your a recreational skill level, i guess a vector and tensor might be the same for you.

The reason im excited about this resistor is because my tensor just wasn't quite over stable as i wanted, i hope this resistor being that its a higher speed disc will begin fading earlier in flight than the tensor and hit the lines im looking for. And the shock is too long for most of the short technical fairways here.

This resistor could be the one i need :)

No their not. The vector stays straight longer, and doesn't fade as quickly. The Tensor will hold up in wind a lot more than the Vector though, and it should fade faster and harder at the end than the vector will.. they will end around the same distance left (RHBH) though. The vector is also longer for me by quite a bit.. maybe 50' or more. And as far as putting them on different lines, like a vector will hold an Anny line MUCH longer and a tensor will just pull out of it right away.

But if your a recreational skill level, i guess a vector and tensor might be the same for you
\.:\./

Latest posts