• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

How're you liking the Amp so far, Mike? The more I use it, the more I'm impressed with its qualities. I've worked lines with it so far that's never been possible with an understable driver for me before. I think the fair amount of fade on it and the late turn have something to do with it. It's had me saying, "Man, should have thrown a shorter disc." on more than one occasion.

The Tangent has been equally surprising. Played a full round yesterday at my home course which has a lot of dead-straight shot opportunities. The only issue is you need an absolutely straight shot--you can't have any fade at all or you're down a gully or such. On those holes, most people throw spike hyzers. It was definitely a new experience to be able to trust the Tangent on the unused straight-line-approach all the way to the pin.

I'm still learning how to work it but so far I'm liking it. I kept griplocking it yesterday so I didn't get to see it fly too much, but the times my release was on I was getting some nice hyzerflips that held a controlled right turn 90% of the way then flattened out enough to avoid rolling. Feels like its in between my Roadrunner and Volt, but closer to the RR. I think its going to end up making the bag.

I completely agree about the Tangent. Even thrown with some hyzer, if I snap mine hard it just wants to cruise forward. It's opened up some new lines for me that would of been touchy to do with something more understable, and difficult to control powering down a neutral to slightly understable fairway like I would for certain lines.

Ordered me a 175 tangent this morning....and a crunch box to hold all my mvps.
Bet you cant guess what color I got lol.

Hey Mike,
Im not sure if it was the strong cross winds yesterday, but my AMP was behaving pretty stable. I was hitting 350 easy with both AMP and Volt, but for some reason the amp had more fade. It was funny they both keep landing within a few feet of each other. I got the AMP hoping it would be a hyzer flip disc, but I am still very pleased with how all the MVPs are flying. Cant wait for ALL this snow to melt.

Any thoughts on the differences/similarities of these discs?

I just got my Tangent today, played a one disc round with it (as did my friend who just got his).

I'd compare the stability to a ESP Meteor. It is certainly not as flippy as my Opto Fuse.

Any thoughts on the differences/similarities of these discs?

The tangent is slower and a much more neutral disc. This makes it more versatile and forgiving. The meteor is a better turning mid, goes farther more effortlessly, and flies lower. They are more different than they are similar.

finally bought one.. managed a handful of good lines but MAN im sick of winter golf.
can i get some grip under my feet????

Im not sure if it was the strong cross winds yesterday, but my AMP was behaving pretty stable.

I got the AMP hoping it would be a hyzer flip disc, but I am still very pleased with how all the MVPs are flying. Cant wait for ALL this snow to melt.

What color's your Amp? My white's noticeably more stable than my lime...

The Amp has really late turn and a decent fade--in fact, I would argue based on experience that my Amp fades harder than my Volt. It makes for awesome sky anny's that carry forever.

To the point about wind--MVP drivers behave differently (in my experience) in the wind than I initially expected. Because they like to hold lines well, any cross wind will hold even my Amp in a hyzer on a strong rip. It's like the disc would rather just hold the hyzer line than expend energy flipping up to flat. On an identical throw in calm conditions, it'll turn slow and easy.

Just my experience so far.

To the Tangent--throwing it again today further demonstrated it's point-and-shoot tendencies. Definitely a line-shaper. I'll agree that it is not a hyzer-flip-to-turn disc, but it is unnerving to throw such straight lines.

The tangent is slower and a much more neutral disc. This makes it more versatile and forgiving. The meteor is a better turning mid, goes farther more effortlessly, and flies lower. They are more different than they are similar.

Cool. I'm hoping to use it in a similar role as my light X Comet but with the MVP trait of being able to hold it's flight characteristics no matter how often I slam into trees and such.

Stoked to get another MVP disc in the bag!

I got a chance to throw my brand new 170 flat red Tangent today, in pretty calm conditions. It is not as forgiving as the Axis, and on a couple throws I torqued it a bit too much and it didn't come back. The fade is more subtle than the Axis as well. I had a couple sweet 200 foot approaches with it, and once I give it a better work out, I'll see if it'll stay in the bag.

I got a chance to throw my brand new 170 flat red Tangent today, in pretty calm conditions. It is not as forgiving as the Axis, and on a couple throws I torqued it a bit too much and it didn't come back. The fade is more subtle than the Axis as well. I had a couple sweet 200 foot approaches with it, and once I give it a better work out, I'll see if it'll stay in the bag.
Keep on working with it. Someone said at one point it's a longer Pure and it's very much that. Put it on a line and it'll keep that line. It's not going to fade back on an anny and it's not going to give you more than a gentle, very gentle fade on a hyzer. It's a point and shoot disc, plain and simple.

Keep on working with it. Someone said at one point it's a longer Pure and it's very much that. Put it on a line and it'll keep that line. It's not going to fade back on an anny and it's not going to give you more than a gentle, very gentle fade on a hyzer. It's a point and shoot disc, plain and simple.

i like the sound of that

it's not going to give you more than a gentle, very gentle fade on a hyzer. It's a point and shoot disc, plain and simple.
I only tried a hyzer line for one throw, thinking it would flip up and ride flat. To my surprise it rode the hyzer all the way, on a 150' throw. I think it would have flipped more on a longer throw. I plan on playing a one disc round next time, to test it even better. You guys are right, it does putt well too. :thmbup:

I only tried a hyzer line for one throw, thinking it would flip up and ride flat. To my surprise it rode the hyzer all the way, on a 150' throw. I think it would have flipped more on a longer throw. I plan on playing a one disc round next time, to test it even better. You guys are right, it does putt well too. :thmbup:

I was also suprised by this. So I tried getting some air underneath it and it still held the hyzer-line. For me, and again, take this for what it's worth because I'm hardly and advanced level player, to get that good hyzer-flip laser beam I had to throw it with just a touch of a hyzer on a really tight, low line. WHen I did that, it went super-straight with almost no fade...maybe a foot or two, dead serious. It also came to rest nice and flat with no skippage.

One of the big strengths for this disc is that it doesn't "auger in" when it comes to the ground, even on anhyzer or hyzer. I wouldn't try to use this for a hyzer spike...it will land flat everytime even on the steepest of hyzer angles.

I just ordered one from Dynamic Discs with one of their sweet Dye Max designs!

Latest posts