• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

The tangent is nice but not as understable as the meteor . It held some of the same lines but faded earlier . Ill do a test on the course next weekend. Still feels nice though !

The Tangent is impressing me more and more. It holds slight annies under 300' much better than the Axis, and it's actually stealing shots from both my Axis and my Anodes. I'm actually favoring my 172 over my 178 right now as it seems to both glide better and fade more reliably without suffering too much in the wind.

Alright just got home from a round of 18 in the snow, this tangent holds up to the praise it has been given.

I have an Orange 176 and a Yellow 172, they both fly the same, no notable differences.

Mine are flying slightly under-stable but its a different kind of under-stable than anything i have thrown before.

First of all, they are easy to throw, feel amazingly comfortable in the hand, and given power on a low level line and thrown flat they turn over, but they dont burn!! its like they turn and lock into a turn and just go straight with zero fade at the end, i love it.

I experimented throwing it on a high line on one hole that is a huge hyzer and goes about 100 feet left after a narrow oppening in a tree line, now this was amazing, because i usualy use a vector for this hole and always end up short around the edge of the circle. So i tried the tangent on a high hyzer line and WOW!!! this disc took the line and went with it on a sweeping hyzer, there was so much glide and the disc didnt end short or fade too soon to the gorund like my vector would, it just held the angle all the way to the ground. It was easy to get that sweeping hyzer placement shot that i have never been able to get before and on the first throw ever with my tangent it landed about 5 feet from the hole. (beginners luck)

I also used it on a couple anny holes that are about 200-250 that i usually use the the axis for, and its clear that the tangent holds an anny line longer, and more true than my beat axis.. the axis if your not careful with the amount of snap and angle it will fade out of a turn after half way through the flight and put you in a bad spot. The tangent just holds no matter how much power you give it, but it never burns.. its the perfect sweet spot between neutral and under-stable that i have been looking for in a mid-range.

The one thing i struggled with the tangent was straight, low ceiling shots on a couple holes. For some reason i cant get it to go straight like some are saying, now i was throwing on snow and had no grip so the release was probably bad with a little OAT compared to the summer when i have grip under my feet. I was putting some slight hyzer on the release and letting it flip to flat and was able to get some nice straight flight with little fade at the end. very useful.

There was about 10 mph winds during my testing of the tangent, so that may have factored into the slightly less stable description i have given.

This is the mid-range i see ANYONE picking up and enjoying right away without a doubt. and its useful for beginners all the way up to top level pros.

MVP hit it right this time.. as usual. I'm extremely happy with the tangent and its going to be very enjoyable to have in the bag :)

Thanks MVP.

Goodbye Fuses, I am blown away by this disc. It also might be one of the most comfortable mids I've held.

I think I may have just found a sweet mid set up!

Trident -- Tangent -- Tursas

I throw a lot of RHFH mid shots with the Trident. The Tangent is holding whatever line I put it on! Especially for my backhand. Then the Tursas is so sweet and glidey! Great anny disc.

How do Tridents and XXX's compare?

Tridents flight is like a "L" where the XXX is like a "C"

I was surprised how straight the trident was when I threw them. Good high speed stability with a healthy fade at the end

I don't think you would care for the trident. Even at my arm speed I couldn't trust them to be overstable when I got on them or into a headwind. The most Interesting the about the trident to me (and I tested it like 3 separate times) was its flight path on A thumber.

It would be awesome if MVP gave Tangents for player's packs at bowling green this year. This is the disc I feel like MVP could get in the most people's bags with. MVP is well known here, but its time to break into the thick of the DG mainstream.

I currently throw a FR Axis and a Opto Fuse. Would a Tangent fit somewhere between these or would there be an overlap? I'm a sucker for MVP and mids in general but I'm not sure where this would fit in my mid range line up.

Yeah I'll stick with the XXX. I like how much of a meathook it is. Contrasts nicely with the rest of my bag, and is a fun disc in general.

I agree that a lot of players would find the Tangent a useful disc if they have a chance to throw it. It seems suited for a wide range of power levels.

I currently throw a FR Axis and a Opto Fuse. Would a Tangent fit somewhere between these or would there be an overlap? I'm a sucker for MVP and mids in general but I'm not sure where this would fit in my mid range line up.

Don't throw an Axis, but my 175g Opto Fuse is noticeably flippier than my 171g Neutron Tangent.

I'll carry both.

FR Green Axis are monnnneeeyyyy i have a stack locked away forever. :)

I think there is enough difference though, why not try it out?