• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

So if one was going to buy two tangents, and he wanted the most over stable and the most under stable, he would buy which plastic/weight combos?

Comparing them all when new, my Tangents have all been extremely similar in stability--neither understable nor overstable. Neutron seems to break in flightwise a bit faster than Proton, so the logical way to get two Tangents a step apart in stability would be to buy a lighter N and beat it in and a heavy P to retain it's initial stability.

My Tangents are all pretty straight with not much fade..I have two white Neutrons, 177 and 175. But if I really power them up I get good turn with a little fade. Its super strength for me is just a little touch of anhyzer. Holds it like a dream.

The point of my ramble here is: does the Protons have similar charecteristics or does it require more anhyzer? I ask because I have a real problem with annys...I either have too shallow an angle or way too steep. Is the Protons more or less sensitive to anhyzer angles? Because I really like the looks of those Protons Tangents.

That's a tough question...probably only answerable by your own arm. All I can say is that the 2 plastics fly similarly so far for me. I too have a white N Tangent and my new ones have more stability, but the N Tangent is broken in.

more HSS than a fuse but pretty similar. Tangent is not as easily flipped over into a right turning flight like the fuse but will hold any line put on and laser beam hyzer flips.

more HSS than a fuse but pretty similar. Tangent is not as easily flipped over into a right turning flight like the fuse but will hold any line put on and laser beam hyzer flips.

Seconded. I didn't bring my Fuse today to the course, and there is one hole where I could have used the flip-flat-turnover flight that I can't get out of a Tangent yet. Need to beat it in some more, I think.

For me, the Tangent flies like a less finnicky Mako. Just so straight always.

my fuse even at 180g in opto would need a lot more hyzer than the tangents to get the same flights and still generally would track right a little more than these do. Once seasoned I can see it being nearly identical but right now does not turn as much as I would actually like.

everyone do yourself a favor and hyzer flip a tangent in a tailwind. everyone was jealous of my 'volt' after i threw it.. errrr that was my tangent broes

lol same yesterday at todd park had some mean tailwind and lots of nice shots with it bombing 330+ Its a hell of a mid-range for sure'

I'm really getting Tangent crazy with these new ones. This is the disc I have known Chad had in him since I threw the first Ions. It's also what I was hoping for when the Vector/Axis were released...There is little doubt in my mind that the Tangent is going to take over most of my mid duties, and the Axis may even have a hard time sneaking in there at all.

This sounds like an early contender for disc of the year.

I would agree hands down if the Tensor and likely MVP distance driver was right around the corner. The tangent for me has really taken a lot of pressure off of my mid range game. I love to throw putters off the tee but I admittedly have some OAT when I go to really crush my ion. I now can take my tangent and achieve all kinds of putter lines at a variety of heights that an ion wouldn't be suitable for. It really is an amazing midrange disc. Innova has to be legitimately jealous of the rapid ascension of "our" disc company. Keep it up MVP!

I actually see a fair amount of talk about "beating in" their Tangents to get them just a little flippier...but how many of you have actually "beaten in" an MVP disc before? At least to the point of seriously changing the flight path? My Ions are still nice and fresh (had them for over a year) and all my MVP drivers are still good to go. My oldest VOLT has seen plenty of tree hits, metal hits (yes!) and other shenanigans, and if it is any more understable than when I got it, its certainly not by much.

My point is, does anyone think we can REALLY beat in a Tangent to the point of having that slow, long right then without any shoulder or wrist manipulation? And how long would this concievably take? This is a pretty important question because it kinda ail determine whether I pick up a Proton this Friday or not....

I actually see a fair amount of talk about "beating in" their Tangents to get them just a little flippier...but how many of you have actually "beaten in" an MVP disc before? At least to the point of seriously changing the flight path? My Ions are still nice and fresh (had them for over a year) and all my MVP drivers are still good to go. My oldest VOLT has seen plenty of tree hits, metal hits (yes!) and other shenanigans, and if it is any more understable than when I got it, its certainly not by much.

My point is, does anyone think we can REALLY beat in a Tangent to the point of having that slow, long right then without any shoulder or wrist manipulation? And how long would this concievably take? This is a pretty important question because it kinda ail determine whether I pick up a Proton this Friday or not....

I got my first MVP disc, proton axis, back last June and it is STILL straight. Just the other day I threw it on a 350' downhill hole (#11 Kerieakis park). Threw it with a slight hyzer, straight straight straight small fade, parked.

My E Vector is probably my oldest MVP disc (more than a year old), and it is straighter than when it was new. I've thrown a ton of rollers with it, so I think that helped season it quicker. I wouldn't say it's "beat," but it has changed a bit.

All my other MVP's are the same as when I got them. I'm still waiting for my Amp to beat in, so I can ditch the Vision.

Anyone know if they will release softs with the initial launch or soon after?

I love my Proton Soft Anodes for hard hitting throws to help absorb impact on the ground without rolling or scooting away.

And Seasoned MVP is slightly possible from my experience. My 1st run AMP has smacked a ton of trees and has has lots of abuse, the only change though is the core has gotten a lot more pliable and sit better when thrown on an anhyzer. The Overmold... Ya right no sign of wear and tear at all.

MVP discs do beat in...I've broken in many on purpose and just through use. Right now my N Axis has developed some turn--it was dead straight when new. My N Vector too has seasoned a bit, turning a touch into the wind now. Anodes have been very durable for me...Though they do get straighter and I even have a soft that turns throughout the flight.

So far my N Tangent has taken a lot of hard hits and has already developed some more turn.

Anyone know if they will release softs with the initial launch or soon after?

I love my Proton Soft Anodes for hard hitting throws to help absorb impact on the ground without rolling or scooting away.

And Seasoned MVP is slightly possible from my experience. My 1st run AMP has smacked a ton of trees and has has lots of abuse, the only change though is the core has gotten a lot more pliable and sit better when thrown on an anhyzer. The Overmold... Ya right no sign of wear and tear at all.

they don't make soft mids or drivers

MVP discs do beat in...I've broken in many on purpose and just through use. Right now my N Axis has developed some turn--it was dead straight when new. My N Vector too has seasoned a bit, turning a touch into the wind now. Anodes have been very durable for me...Though they do get straighter and I even have a soft that turns throughout the flight.

So far my N Tangent has taken a lot of hard hits and has already developed some more turn.

I play quite a bit, guess I'm just not using them as much as I should....though I gave my new run Shock quite the workout today since it was so windy. MVP is just so super-durable....maybe Ill go chuck my Tangent into a wall a few times..

I agree that MVP discs can definitely be broken in. I have one of early run soft opaque textured Ions and it is definitely flippier than my fresh Neutron. It is not however flippy to the point of being useless, which is good.

The Eclipse and Proton Tangents are sweet. I am forehand dominant, but these things are making me love throwing backhand again. It is so effortless to get a straight predictable flight out of these guys.

Latest posts