• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

All my other MVP's are the same as when I got them. I'm still waiting for my Amp to beat in, so I can ditch the Vision.

give it another.. year? lol the FR protoduction visions WERE, so flippy but useful'

Ill agree it takes a whiiiiile to get a seasoned MVP and they might be some of the toughest discs on the market IMO.. I KILLED my anode into a power line steel plate covering the anchor cable 100% power drive up hill and it nailed the middle sharp edge but only left a small mark on the over-mold and didn't even scuff or chip. Also my FR vector still looks fine where any other go-to mid would have been replaced for sure by now. Volt is still a volt after 100+ rounds... <3

havent noticed any of my mvp stuff changing with use, the ions get puddle tops but still seem to fly the same.

I have started to throw my axis more since getting a tangent to see how they compare and have sooo many shots just go straight as hell and little fade from my axis it would be nice to see it turn-over a little easier and hope this summer will break it harder than the winter has... I was feeling like the tangent axis couldn't exsist in the same bag but am starting to second guess that and might say seeya vectors if the tensor works out.

If Tensor is the OS Tangent, then I think they and the Vector/Axis can definetly coexist. The Axis was much longer than the Tangent for me. But, again, that's for me. Maybe better/more skilled arms will find less of a difference. I never really got into the Axis (we just never clicked) but it and the Tangent are different enough they could fit together in a bag.

I'm just eager for Friday..I'm making an all-day trip to Denver on Friday just to pick up the Tensor and a Protons Tangent. I might even get an Eclipse Tangent if it tickles my fancy. I dunno because my Eclipse Axis is pretty dead stable....

sad but true.
i know you have that feeling in the back of your mind that you could dump your beloved axis/ axes for tangents too..

oh I do... :confused: but the FR vectors will be the first to go being they are pretty hard to replace at this point. Honestly for the sake of keeping things simple I hate lots of molds it will probably end up tangent tensor and work to get both heavy/light Neutron/pronton seasoned/fresh then we are talking no gaps, game on.

If Tensor is the OS Tangent, then I think they and the Vector/Axis can definetly coexist. The Axis was much longer than the Tangent for me. But, again, that's for me. Maybe better/more skilled arms will find less of a difference. I never really got into the Axis (we just never clicked) but it and the Tangent are different enough they could fit together in a bag.

I'm just eager for Friday..I'm making an all-day trip to Denver on Friday just to pick up the Tensor and a Protons Tangent. I might even get an Eclipse Tangent if it tickles my fancy. I dunno because my Eclipse Axis is pretty dead stable....

Andy- Ill agree the axis is longer but really I don't need a longer midrange than a tangent which is going 300+ and axis flies like a stalker IMO where the HSS is in the driver range. All GREAT discs and really comes down to feel as well as playing style more than anything.

Cant wait for the new releases either!

Threw the tangent some more today at Bryant Lake Park-- Loving it. Shot of the day for it was for sure at the 500'+ downhill signature hole #17 where I threw a beautiful hyzer-flip that went slight right and 60' out from the pin just a few feet lower than it nearly straight across. Volts landed a few feet shorter... lol'

Last edited:
i have had the tangent out for a total of 4 rounds. I have hit chains 3 times off the tee and hit the cage twice off the tee. Today i nailed a 175 approach in some swirling wind. the tangent just sliced right through it and faded right into the chains. I feel like this disc is a longer beat ion. it is stealing shots from mine all the time. Cannot wait to try the eclipse version. Looking like my mid set up will be tensor vector tangent 2x. the tangent may be the most fun and most consistant disc i have ever thrown. it just does what its told!!

i have had the tangent out for a total of 4 rounds. I have hit chains 3 times off the tee and hit the cage twice off the tee. Today i nailed a 175 approach in some swirling wind. the tangent just sliced right through it and faded right into the chains. I feel like this disc is a longer beat ion. it is stealing shots from mine all the time. Cannot wait to try the eclipse version. Looking like my mid set up will be tensor vector tangent 2x. the tangent may be the most fun and most consistant disc i have ever thrown. it just does what its told!!

I'mnew to MVP.
I'm curious as to know what you expect from the eclipse tangent that would be different from a regular Neutron Tangent?

I'mnew to MVP.
I'm curious as to know what you expect from the eclipse tangent that would be different from a regular Neutron Tangent?

A:
My 2 lighter P and E Tangents fly slightly less stable than my N
Tangent of the same weight. My heavy P and E Tangents are more HSS than my heavy Stormtrooper Tangent.

Comparing them all when new, my Tangents have all been extremely similar in stability--neither understable nor overstable. Neutron seems to break in flightwise a bit faster than Proton, so the logical way to get two Tangents a step apart in stability would be to buy a lighter N and beat it in and a heavy P to retain it's initial stability.

Generally speaking Neutron can be slightly faster then Proton. Neutron also seems to break in slightly faster, but we are still talking about some of the most durable disc I have used. For me it's reallly all about personal preference.

good lord man i threw my vector off the cliff today and that thing was squirrely, sooooo windy this morning.

yeah it was a little rough out there.. luckily #17 was a little more tailwind than the normal crazy cross/headwind so tangent was a good choice and honestly didn't have many problems with the wind other than putting a few times. I actually was really surprised how well the volt held up to it as well as the axis. All preformed very well in the wind.

A:

Generally speaking Neutron can be slightly faster then Proton. Neutron also seems to break in slightly faster, but we are still talking about some of the most durable disc I have used. For me it's reallly all about personal preference.

Thanks for digging up some other quotes and for the good answer, appreciated.

Where I live, options are limited in terms of purchase, it's either I import stuff from the US, or buy from one local guy (with limited availability). But, MVP contacted him and they decided to do business together. He will be receiving his initial order of MVP this Friday, and he only ordered Neutron plastic for now. That's why I was curious about the stability. I'm glad it's mostly a preference thing between the different plastics. I'm sure eventually I would get the chance to buy some Eclipse and Proton plastic locally, but for now, I'll stick to Neutron.

Quick question about Eclipse : From the pictures I saw, it seems the flight plate could be hard to spot on the ground. It mostly translucide and most of the color I saw were darkish. Do some of you guys have a hard time finding your E MVP disc? (this question should probably go in the MVP thread..., I'll move it if necessary).

Thanks for digging up some other quotes and for the good answer, appreciated.

Where I live, options are limited in terms of purchase, it's either I import stuff from the US, or buy from one local guy (with limited availability). But, MVP contacted him and they decided to do business together. He will be receiving his initial order of MVP this Friday, and he only ordered Neutron plastic for now. That's why I was curious about the stability. I'm glad it's mostly a preference thing between the different plastics. I'm sure eventually I would get the chance to buy some Eclipse and Proton plastic locally, but for now, I'll stick to Neutron.

Quick question about Eclipse : From the pictures I saw, it seems the flight plate could be hard to spot on the ground. It mostly translucide and most of the color I saw were darkish. Do some of you guys have a hard time finding your E MVP disc? (this question should probably go in the MVP thread..., I'll move it if necessary).

Good to hear MVP is heading north of the border. Should give you more options when purchasing discs. :thmbup:

Personal opinion, I like the Neutron more than the Proton for just about everything outside of the circle. The color is so vivid and bright it makes locating any wayward disc much easier. Also like the feel of it for longer shots. Only time I really use the Proton (Eclipse) is with my putter inside the circle.

As for Proton (black outer ring) and Eclipse (white outer ring), as you stated they are translucent and it can be tough to spot with darker or clearer colors when they land in the woods, tall grass and shadows. Generally speaking, I like the Eclipse in the summer time as the white outer rings helps the eye find it quicker. Where as in the winter the white ring becomes a problem, so I switch back to Proton with the black ring. Still stick with the orange flight plate for both as it is easy to see majority of the time.

Happy shopping, hope to see another MVP fan posting soon. :hfive:

Never have had a problem finding any of my MVP discs except my purple proton ION, in the woods. In any light the colors seem to pop regardless of the plastic/over-mold and the neon proton colors almost glow at you while the neutron are so damn vibrant they pop out from 200' away even in woods (except black and orange in the fall)

Also plastic IMO has much less impact on MVP stability than weight or dome does and even those differences are hard to notice for the average player so just go with what you LIKE not what color or plastic type etc as you will be happy regardless-- we are not talking innova here ;)

Never have had a problem finding any of my MVP discs except my purple proton ION, in the woods. In any light the colors seem to pop regardless of the plastic/over-mold and the neon proton colors almost glow at you while the neutron are so damn vibrant they pop out from 200' away even in woods (except black and orange in the fall)

Also plastic IMO has much less impact on MVP stability than weight or dome does and even those differences are hard to notice for the average player so just go with what you LIKE not what color or plastic type etc as you will be happy regardless-- we are not talking innova here ;)

I have a green proton axis, which you might think would be tough to spot, but it really sticks out

yeah my green proton vector is so green its not even natural lol plus the black or white makes for a good color separation on the eye and less likely to blend in than a disc which is only one color. Too many colors you get camouflage but our eyes love simple black/white and a bright color...

Yellow-
Bright colors attract the eye and yellow is the top attention getter. Be cautious in the amount of yellow a flyer contains because it can cause eye fatigue. Shades of yellow contrast well with other dark colors, so using yellow as a background color works well. Psychologically yellow is associated with the sun and evokes the feeling of cheerfulness.

Red-
Red is a powerful, bold color that stands out and is effective at getting attention. Use it with black to create maximum contrast. The eye is naturally drawn to it, so use red for spotlighting important areas or information that you don't want the reader to miss. Red emotionally causes feelings of excitement and stimulates the senses.

Orange-
Orange is the combination of the top two attention-getting colors, but can be hard to incorporate into a design esthetically. It is generally an underused color, so if you decide to include orange in your marketing flyers and competitors in your area don't, you could experience higher readability. Orange is associated psychologically with autumn and things that are edible. Orange is a motivating color.

Bright Green-
This color demands attention and should be used in areas that require high contrast to draw the reader in to important information. Be careful when using bright green in text because it can be hard to read. Although the color green represents nature to most people, bright green symbolizes fun and newness.

Black-
Black makes a statement easily and should be used for text on marketing flyers of all types. By using thick fonts and black color, your headline will jump off the page and attract views. It can be creatively used as a background in small sections depending on the flyers theme. Black contrasts easily with most colors and is esthetically pleasing. Psychologically, back symbolizes power and elegance.

Sounds like MVP :)

Looking like my mid set up will be tensor vector tangent 2x.

This is exactly what I'm thinking as well after some heavy work with the new mids this week. My N Tangent is already broken in to a hyzer flipper and my heavier Eclipse Tangent is perfectly stable and they make a great duo. The Eclipse may be the best mid I've ever thrown...It can take some power/wind without turning, and if I give it slight hyzer it will fade. Thrown flat it can hold the line to the ground.

My N Vector is seasoned and faster/longer than the Tensor, and it basically flies like a more LSS Axis. This is why the Axis is the odd man out...My N Axis has broken in to the point where it's HSS is about the same (or maybe slightly less) than my E Tangent.

The Tensor's LSS kicks in faster and harder than the Vector and it pulls out of anhyzer angles much better. Also, when powered down the Vector will still hold flat out of the hand for some distance where the Tensor would behave much more overstable.

Latest posts