• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

I see the mighty Tangent slipped off the first page so I'll give it some love. Week before last I hit a 135 ft birdie upshot to the amazement of my buddy. Today I hit a 200 ft cubby ace (3rd disc thrown) and hit the top edge of the basket catcher on a 240 ft hole.

I may have missed it, but are the new Eclipse and Proton Tangents going to fly the same as each other? Maybe the testers only got the Eclipse version.

Got my tensor in the mail today, haven't had a chance to throw it. I am waiting on a tangent I ordered from DGC so I'm sure when that shows it'll be a perfect chance to get out and play with my stormtrooper bag :thmbup:

White neutron disc are the bees knees.

Played a couple rounds with my 173 N Tangent in the bag today. Was airly windy so understable disc didn't see much work but who I called on it I was really impressed. Really like how it feels in the hand.

I may have missed it, but are the new Eclipse and Proton Tangents going to fly the same as each other? Maybe the testers only got the Eclipse version.
Testers received both Proton and Eclipse...As far as I can tell there are no differences between the two.

Goodbye Neutron Tangent, helllloooo Eclipse Tangent! Got mine today, and it is fabulous. Its even MORE versatile than the Neutron, which is really saying something. It really showed its stuff on hole 15 at my local course. Its about 260 feet, tight tunnel with trees right and a termite mound and trees left. The basket is to the right and up a little 15 foot hill. Ive been working this hole for a year and have yet to find the right shot. I was close with my Neutron Tangent or with forehanding a Saint..but not close enough.

I figured Id give the Eclipse Tangent a whirl on this one...perfect. I popped it up with a touch of hyzer and a bit of height...dead straight through the tunnel before starting to turn. It was like butter...it dropped as it started its turn and as such, hit the top of the hill...right by the basket. One 5 foot putt (with the Tangent of course) later and I was in birdie city on a hole I thought I might never bird.

MVP strikes again!

Thanks discspeed. My Neutron Tangent is 172g and I like it fine. Should I go for a different weight on a Proton? If so, what and why?

Andy, shouldn't you be packing?

Last edited:
Thanks discspeed. My Neutron Tangent is 172g and I like it fine. Should I go for a different weight on a Proton? If so, what and why?

Yeah, my 172 proton has some crazy glide.. You won't be disappointed.

Already packed and ready to go! How do I think I was able to cram in so many rounds the last two days?:thmbup:

Really learning the beauties of the Tangent. This disc can seriously do anything. Probably my favorite disc for anything between 150'-200'. I know it can go much further, but I feel like that range is its sweet spot.

So, what are the Eclipse Glow's like compared to the Neutrons? AndyJB, you said they were more versatile, what does that mean for HSS, LSS, speed and glide? I haven't tried the Tangent but I'm thinking of trying one in replace of low power putter drives on straight or anny/turnover lines.

If your looking for a low power shot then the Eclipse Tangent is exactly what your looking for. It also can be powered up which makes it very versatile. I have really enjoyed throwing my new ones. I find them to be a little better then my neutron but the neutron is a wind eater by far. They are not to much different in my opinion. But I have beat my neutron pretty good. Regardless the tangent is one of the best mid-range discs out there.

My Eclipse Tangent is still in the mail, but as reference I can share that I've not seen an appreciable difference between my Eclipse and Neutron Axis. I feel I get what I expect either way.

So, what are the Eclipse Glow's like compared to the Neutrons? AndyJB, you said they were more versatile, what does that mean for HSS, LSS, speed and glide? I haven't tried the Tangent but I'm thinking of trying one in replace of low power putter drives on straight or anny/turnover lines.

Exactly what was guessed at before (and can be seen on Mike Cs videos) they can be powered up much more versatiley. Where the Neutron Tangent can get a bit finicky with power (especially if you're like me and don't have the best form) the Eclipse and, presumably, the Proton, still holds the line. Where I had trouble dialing in a 250 foot low, flat shot with the Neutron Tangent, the Eclipse does it by just adding a bit of hyzer. Give it more air and more hyzer and it will flip up flat for about 100 feet, start its slow, sweeping turn for another 100 or so, then still have a touch of fade.

Its also a little less sensitive to anhyzer angles. Where the Neutron would have trouble with too much anny (something I do a lot because I suck) the Eclipse tends to hold that big anhyzer line with all but the steepest of angles. A little less anhyzer, a little less finish to the right (RHBH) .

I guess I shouldn't say its more versatile. I should say its more adaptable. For players of high skill (again, not me) it wont really matter. Bit for players like me, who are a little better than the average bear but still have plenty of issues and cant ever reach the top level, its much better than its Neutron brother.

Its also a little less sensitive to anhyzer angles. Where the Neutron would have trouble with too much anny (something I do a lot because I suck) the Eclipse tends to hold that big anhyzer line with all but the steepest of angles. A little less anhyzer, a little less finish to the right (RHBH) .

Man I hope I find this to be true...I've really had trouble with anhyzer angles when throwing my tangent...

Days when you have discs arriving in the mail should be mandatory holidays off from work :thmbup:

^^Isn't the Fuse truly understable? The Tangent is straight stable, like a Comet. You may be able to bag both.

I was looking forward to throwing these all day... see ya!

3pmbnTCl.jpg

I was looking forward to throwing these all day... see ya!

3pmbnTCl.jpg

Which blue did you order for that Eclipse? I wanted one like that, but I can't see that as Navy, and that is all I saw listed online...

Also, the Tangent and Fuse can certainly coexist when both are fresh. I think a beat Tangent - however long that will take - would knock out a Fuse down the road. But a Fuse is far more flippy out of the box. Tangent is more neutral than understable, for sure.

Latest posts