• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

So.. The tangent seems to hold any line. Is this the buzzz killer? I have one in each plastic and just love it.

So.. The tangent seems to hold any line. Is this the buzzz killer? I have one in each plastic and just love it.

Definitely much slower than a Buzzz. I think you could have both in the bag in the right situation. The Buzzz is probably a little longer, but not much. The Tangent feels like a low profile putter in the hand, but goes midrange distances. If you don't have one yet, get one. You won't be disappointed.

Definitely much slower than a Buzzz. I think you could have both in the bag in the right situation. The Buzzz is probably a little longer, but not much. The Tangent feels like a low profile putter in the hand, but goes midrange distances. If you don't have one yet, get one. You won't be disappointed.

I have 3/ tangents and like 10 buzzz's haha. I carry 3 buzzz and probably two tangents. Maybe all 3 for now.

I got so antsy to reply to your comment that I didn't even read that you already have Tangents... My name is Kevin, and I'm addicted to Tangents.

8718294773_8dd522ae5c_c.jpg

Sparkly Pink! ohhhh ahhhhhh

Te n tangent is great. It's becoming my most used disc. Taking shots away from ions and vectors for me. The eclipse whoa. Definitely more glide need a few more rounds with it, but I think the two can pair together very well.

just took my orange eclipse tangents out for a test run and they are feeling great, more stable compared to my neutrons and protons, i would say the eclipse is about 15-20 feet longer on avg.

What i mean by most stable is least amount of turn.

in order of most stable to least:
Eclipse
Proton
Neutron (these have been used a little more because i got them a couple weeks ago)

but it is only a slight difference between them.. and hardly noticeable unless you can throw 20+ tests in a large open field consistently.

weights ranged from 171 to 173 in all the different plastics and all were orange, my favorite MVP color :D

my eclipse tangent flies the same as my others, but is definitely longer. probably just because of the small amount of dome.. feels great to throw new proton stuff though.

My sparkly E Tangent is in the mail, but for me, the N Tangent is already creeping on my Axis. If it were much longer, would it blur the line even more? I haven't owned my MVP long enough to speak definitively, but the main difference in my choosing between my Anode, Tangent and Axis is how low I need to keep a straight line before grounding out, and I can keep the Tangent as low as the Axis and almost as long. The only thing left between them might be the touch of extra HSS the Axis provides if I need that peace of mind. At any rate, I look forward to some field testing.

Well I finally threw one of these today, and they are pretty sweet. I already have 3 buzzzes in different stages of beat, but I liked this disc a lot and would recommend it to anybody. It was super straight with a little bit of high speed turn for me. I could see a Vector, Tensor or Suspect pairing really well with it. If it was more understable, it would be bagged for sure.

I was looking forward to throwing these all day... see ya!

3pmbnTCm.jpg
This 176g Light Blue Proton Tangent is noticeably more stable than my 173g N Stormtrooper Tangent "out of the box". I can full strength drive my Proton Tangent and it is basically a laser. If I full strength drive my Stormtrooper it'll finish to the right.

Haven't thrown my Eclipse yet. Been a bit sick.

I finally got to throw my Eclipse Tangent 177g. Probably the best disc I've bet thrown. It might totally knock out my Axis. My mids would be Tensor, Eclipse Tangent, N Tangent.

I finally got to throw my Eclipse Tangent 177g. Probably the best disc I've bet thrown. It might totally knock out my Axis. My mids would be Tensor, Eclipse Tangent, N Tangent.
Can you give a rundown of flight characteristics compared to Neutron?

The Eclipse has a little more HSS than the N. not much though. I'm hoping to knock a couple trees with the N to get it to turn a little more. My plan is to have two Tensors (one beat in) and the two Tangents. This will take awhile, seeing that MVP breaks in very slowly. For now the Axis will stay until I beat in. A Tensor.

left one of my neutron tangents on the course, tempted to put some effort into getting it back but i bet the person who finds it will like it..

As I and many others have posted numerous times already, this really is a disc that is easy to fall in love with.

It kicked two discs completely out of the bag (Meteor and Buzzz SS) and has taken away shots from my Ions. What this has done for me is eliminated the little bit of overlap I had with those three discs, thus eliminating indecision and second guessing. I am not becoming a bag minimalist, but taking away that indecision and second guessing tremendously helps my game and confidence.