• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

Shot a 995 rated round today with ALL mvp! thanks to the tangent i got out of some nasty situations more than a hand full of times.. just wait till i have a year of experience with these things, lights out :)

For the time being at least, I will have to say that my Tangent also seems more stable then I was hoping for. I have a 173g Neutron, white and board flat. It just wants to fly dead straight with the slightest fade at the end for me.

I don't have a ton of power, hit 300' non-consistantly, so I don't know if that may play a part. I was hoping it would knock the Comets out of the bag but I'm just there yet. For the time being it's without a doubt overlaping with my beloved Axis. Hoping it just needs to hit some more trees. It's not coming out of the bag, but neither is my nicely seasoned x Comet.

For the time being at least, I will have to say that my Tangent also seems more stable then I was hoping for. I have a 173g Neutron, white and board flat. It just wants to fly dead straight with the slightest fade at the end for me.

I don't have a ton of power, hit 300' non-consistantly, so I don't know if that may play a part. I was hoping it would knock the Comets out of the bag but I'm just there yet. For the time being it's without a doubt overlaping with my beloved Axis. Hoping it just needs to hit some more trees. It's not coming out of the bag, but neither is my nicely seasoned x Comet.

I've said it before, as have others, MVP discs don't break in that quickly or that easily. My Tangents aren't as understable as a Comet...more like a Buzzz SS really. But it's a great disc that almost always finishes to the right (RHBH) for me. The only time mine goes straight is when I really power it down.

But I have OAT issues, so maybe I'm not the best judge of it.

Just threw my proton tangent for the first time. I'm a max 300 ft guy, but I only get that when I power down and throw smooth. The biggest problem for me is turn and burn with anything understable. I threw a teebird that had only seasoned a few rounds and it turned and burned like it got shot out of the sky.

But the tangent? Oh tangent! I hit it with too much power, new it would burn, but it held the most beautiful and long (only 230 pr so, but long for me) anhyzer! I was blown away! I am still learning how to get it to hyzer flip consistently, but as long as I throw it smooth, it is a point and shoot monster!

I felt similarly about my 178 Neutron at first although I still liked it. Now as it's beating in (much faster for me than almost anyone else with a rocky gravel fairway home course) it holds a better slight turnover/anny shot. I also just picked up a 170 Proton Tangent and it fits that Comet-like role fantastically right out of the box. I'll have more to say after next weekend playing a tournament on wooded courses, but the Tangent may be my current favorite.

Just played a round and used my Tangent for most of my mid-range shots. This disc definitely has the most forward-penetrating fade of any disc I have thrown. Out with the Buzzz, in with the Tangent! :thmbup:

For the time being at least, I will have to say that my Tangent also seems more stable then I was hoping for. I have a 173g Neutron, white and board flat. It just wants to fly dead straight with the slightest fade at the end for me. .

Yup same for me, I'm a 330' thrower and it's filling a spot in the bag just because it's new and fun. Great for me downhill but I'm still more comfortable with a Anode for the annys. The Tangent is filling more of a stable putter and touch FH disc for me. I really like it for one disc rounds but redundant with a full (mostly) MVP bag. I kinda hoped some of the Vancouver guys would be throwing them at the tourney this weekend so I could see what more arm can do with them but sadly they found it too new to bag too.

My lovely original N Tangent now rests with the gators and cottonmouths...It was one of those shots that was flying hard anny, brushed into a little foliage and got redirected dramatically into a hyzer orientation taking it far out into the lake. It wasn't a great shot, but the punishment did not fit the crime...

Just played a round and used my Tangent for most of my mid-range shots. This disc definitely has the most forward-penetrating fade of any disc I have thrown. Out with the Buzzz, in with the Tangent! :thmbup:

Ive got both in the bag :thmbup:

I've been wanting to try this disc since it came out and I finally had enough extra moulah to order a nice sparkle eclipse tangent and a sparkle proton nano to boot. Now I just have to wait for it to come. AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Tangents sadly going to be in my bag because its a glow disc. The Axis can cover most the lines my Tangent can and for turnovers my stingray does it more consistently.

I really wish it was more US

My Tangents sadly going to be in my bag because its a glow disc. The Axis can cover most the lines my Tangent can and for turnovers my stingray does it more consistently.

try an M4 then

i will buy it off you if you don't want it.

Tangent has changed my game drastically in the past few weeks. This is the disc i needed, it holds the anny line forever all the way to the ground, something my axis can't do as easily, even my beat axis cant handle the powered down lines the tangent can out of the box. when im going for long approaches this thing hits basket far more often than any other mid/approach disc, i have already had a couple huge sticks from outside 80'.. it feels like a putter and has the control, with easier distance potential.

Most versatile midrange MVP has released, in my opinion.

great disc to play catch with also.

I have let a few people throw it and majority say its a great disc, but you will always have those guys who just dont know how to throw a neutral disc or can't throw without OAT and blame the disc :doh:

i will buy it off you if you don't want it.

Tangent has changed my game drastically in the past few weeks. This is the disc i needed, it holds the anny line forever all the way to the ground,

What kind of distance you throwin in4d?

Latest posts