• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

Never really played night golf before. Our local store does run glow night on Friday nights. Might have to check it out and maybe get a few more glow Eclipses from him. So how does the Eclipse hold up to the Neutron? I have a few mvps in the Neutron and i know that is great plastic.

Durability wise, I can't really tell a difference. The proton flight plate seems to show scuffs a little more, but thats most likely because it's clear. Really comes down to plastic feel for me.

Hit a chain out almost ace yesterday with my tangent at 230'. Hit chains, lip of the basket, then the ground. Closest I've gotten yet. Once I got it out of my head that it's sopost to be understable and stopped hoping for turn it has really given my axis a run for the money as main mid.

I feel a bit guilty because the Tangent is so tempting to approach with over my Anode. It is making me feel old...The Anode is an awesome approach disc, but the Tangent is the best damn approach disc I've thrown ever.

Bought this and a Tursas head to head for a spot in the bag and the Tangent is gonna win it. Tursas is great but I dont love the feel of the rim. The Tangent feels like a faster Anode, and I really dig it. Feels a bit more stable than my Meteors.

I feel a bit guilty because the Tangent is so tempting to approach with over my Anode. It is making me feel old...The Anode is an awesome approach disc, but the Tangent is the best damn approach disc I've thrown ever.
im feeling the same way except i use the ion. I cannot imagine a round without my ion, but the tangent is proving to be just as good if not better, less effort similar and more lines...yes please.

I like the tangent as a us midrange but I don't think it's gonna kick out my pure for upshots. Pure's really are like a slower buzz.

Bought this and a Tursas head to head for a spot in the bag and the Tangent is gonna win it. Tursas is great but I dont love the feel of the rim. The Tangent feels like a faster Anode, and I really dig it. Feels a bit more stable than my Meteors.

I did the exact same thing, still have both in the bag, but hardly ever throw the Tursas. Use the Tangent for tough hard turnover annys, and for finesse approaches. The GL Tursas comes out for very few shots, usually something of the dead straight variety with little clearance on either side and where I need about 70% power. I could honestly get rid of it, but when I do grab it, it flies reliably, straight, and feels great. I just can't NOT grab the Tangent.

Well after bashing the tangents understability I have been proven wrong.

Thanks to everyones positive feedback I was determined to master,break in, and test this disc. I've done 3 one disc rounds with it and man I have to say I'm blown away. Not only is it super durable (Eclipse) and very versatile for just about any throw but it has taught me how to throw beautiful anhyzers.

It has also taken my Anodes approach spot the only thing I can ask for is a Soft version of the Tangent.

Well after bashing the tangents understability I have been proven wrong.

Thanks to everyones positive feedback I was determined to master,break in, and test this disc. I've done 3 one disc rounds with it and man I have to say I'm blown away. Not only is it super durable (Eclipse) and very versatile for just about any throw but it has taught me how to throw beautiful anhyzers.

It has also taken my Anodes approach spot the only thing I can ask for is a Soft version of the Tangent.

I've found the eclipse tangent to be a slightly softer blend of proton than my vector I bought a year ago.

Anyone else have issues ranging-in these things? I find myself blowing by the basket on approaches with hardly any power so for that reason am debating on sticking a soft ion or anode back in for those shorter up shorts, that don't need the touch just reliability. I find it a bit touchy also when powered down (not saying that's a bad thing as it makes line shaping stupid easy) but just not used to a disc being truly so versatile.

Anyone else have issues ranging-in these things? I find myself blowing by the basket on approaches with hardly any power so for that reason am debating on sticking a soft ion or anode back in for those shorter up shorts, that don't need the touch just reliability. I find it a bit touchy also when powered down (not saying that's a bad thing as it makes line shaping stupid easy) but just not used to a disc being truly so versatile.

It is very touchy and has an unexpected fade when really powered down. I never it use for approach duties. The Tangent is second to none when powered up, but I would rather use Anodes or Aviar-X for getting under the basket.

touchy

so what approach range does the tangent feel LEAST touchy at? 200ft? 250?

I'm looking for a longer approach disc to replace my z buzzz.
this disc, although understable, still seems a bit stable from videos. Seems it would be nice for dependable long approaches, but not sure.

It is very touchy and has an unexpected fade when really powered down. I never it use for approach duties. The Tangent is second to none when powered up, but I would rather use Anodes or Aviar-X for getting under the basket.

I have no issues approaching with it fh or bh. I like it for longer approach shots. I use my Ion to approach with the most, followed by my Tangents, then Tensors.

Piling onto the "Tangent for approaches" discussion...

I'm looking for discs to audition against my Comet. I'm currently using the Comet for easy distance on longer standstill/approach shots (~100'-150'), or anny approaches. Closer in, I defer to the VP. My problem with the Comet is that it's very hard to range because of the massive glide; more often than not, I overshoot my target considerably.

Any thoughts on how the Tangent would compare? Would it be easier to range, yet still give me easy distance as compare to a putter? How does it hold anny lines at slower speeds? I'd be curious to hear some thoughts.

so what approach range does the tangent feel LEAST touchy at? 200ft? 250?

I'm looking for a longer approach disc to replace my z buzzz.
this disc, although understable, still seems a bit stable from videos. Seems it would be nice for dependable long approaches, but not sure.

I am not going to put a foot range on it because there are a lot variables when it comes to approaching. Wide open holes I would prefer Anodes or such on a slight hyzer. On long tunnel shots or soft turning or fading lines, then definitely the Tangent. Basically, it is when I need a touch shot where finesse and a little distance is required. For me, Tangents are not meant to be thrown in situations where I need it under the basket unlike a putter approach. I am usually driving or approaching with the Tangent when it is far enough away where landing within 20 feet of the basket is acceptable. But if you need a distance, I am not even looking at the Tangent at 125 feet and in. Let's throw out 200 feet just to say something.

I am not even looking at the Tangent at 125 feet and in. Let's throw out 200 feet just to say something.

I agree. I'm throwing the Ion from anything around 150 feet and in. After that it's the mids, depending on the line needed. The more comfortable you are approaching with your putter, the better off you are.

I am not going to put a foot range on it because there are a lot variables when it comes to approaching. Wide open holes I would prefer Anodes or such on a slight hyzer. On long tunnel shots or soft turning or fading lines, then definitely the Tangent. Basically, it is when I need a touch shot where finesse and a little distance is required. For me, Tangents are not meant to be thrown in situations where I need it under the basket unlike a putter approach. I am usually driving or approaching with the Tangent when it is far enough away where landing within 20 feet of the basket is acceptable. But if you need a distance, I am not even looking at the Tangent at 125 feet and in. Let's throw out 200 feet just to say something.

This describes my thinking as well. I'm mostly choosing Tangent over Anode on longer approaches where I'm hitting a gap, especially dead straight to anhyzer. I've had zero issues with ranging the Tangent. I feel like if I'm throwing at all consistently I can drop my Tangents almost on top of one another at 275'-325'.

I only throw tangent on 250' or more. Not cuz I blow by the basket(which I can) but because I feel more comfy pumping on a putter than a midrange.

Piling onto the "Tangent for approaches" discussion...

I'm looking for discs to audition against my Comet. I'm currently using the Comet for easy distance on longer standstill/approach shots (~100'-150'), or anny approaches. Closer in, I defer to the VP. My problem with the Comet is that it's very hard to range because of the massive glide; more often than not, I overshoot my target considerably.

Any thoughts on how the Tangent would compare? Would it be easier to range, yet still give me easy distance as compare to a putter? How does it hold anny lines at slower speeds? I'd be curious to hear some thoughts.

i think the tangent is truly a game changing disc. while it may not truly replace the distance potential of the comet, it certainly is workable and shorter.

i think the tangent is truly a game changing disc. while it may not truly replace the distance potential of the comet, it certainly is workable and shorter.

who said you can't throw the tangent as far as a comet?

The comet doesnt have the same control as the tangent does at longer distances because of the comets glide, so i would rather throw a tangent anyways.

Latest posts