• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

Yeah, the Eclipse I have has a slight dome.. As does the Proton.. Neutron is pretty flat.

you can go to the store and buy a flat or domed proton, eclipse, or neutron tangent. when you only own one of each disc its easy to make assumptions, but just because your eclipse tangent is domed and your neutron is flat, does not mean their flight differences come from the opacity of their flight plate or the phosphorescence of their overmold.

I have a dream, that mvp discs will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their flight plate but by the plh and dome. I have a dream today!

you can go to the store and buy a flat or domed proton, eclipse, or neutron tangent. when you only own one of each disc its easy to make assumptions, but just because your eclipse tangent is domed and your neutron is flat, does not mean their flight differences come from the opacity of their flight plate or the phosphorescence of their overmold.

I have a dream, that mvp discs will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their flight plate but by the plh and dome. I have a dream today!

I have 3 neutron, 2 proton, and 1 eclipse tangent.

all the proton/eclipse are slightly more stable than neutron.

i rest my case.

I was just stating what I have to help answer my question.

I have 3 neutron, 2 proton, and 1 eclipse tangent.

all the proton/eclipse are slightly more stable than neutron.

i rest my case.

That's a good amount.. :) My favorite is Proton. It gets the most use in my bag of the 3.. I actually never even touch Neutron anymore because it flies too OS..

Threw my new Tangent today and it flew awesome. Had some really great low ceiling shots that the Tangent ate up. Proton plastic is the way to go imo.

Threw my new Tangent today and it flew awesome. Had some really great low ceiling shots that the Tangent ate up. Proton plastic is the way to go imo.

Proton is my favorite too. Eclipse would be second.. Neutron is beyond useless in my bag now..

hmmm i am not liking my eclipse as much as my neutron. neutron seems to handle power for me a little better.

Both are slightly OS out of the box. Eclipse goes dead straight if I do a perfect release at full power.. But why am I using an Eclipse Tangent then..?

Both are slightly OS out of the box. Eclipse goes dead straight if I do a perfect release at full power.. But why am I using an Eclipse Tangent then..?

Sorry, maybe semantics are getting to me today, but there are no OS Tangents. There are Tangents that fade a bit after a long straight flight (seem to have dome), and others that turn a little out of the box and finish straight (seem to be flat).

^yep- only a little more fade out of my domey pair which are still lazers just have a little more LSS and I have neutrons as well as protons which fit those descriptions so plastic doesn't matter at all.

If Proton is the least stable then I need to stop wasting my damn money on Neutron. I like the grip of proton better too, so I guess that would be a win-win situation. Probably gonna get every driver in proton just like the rest of you gentlemen.

I'm sitting on about six in each plastic, plus I've thrown some of my friends Tangents.

I have flatter protons and neutrons that started out mildly understable. Thrown with a touch of hyzer with 350' of power there will be some movement to the right.

I have slightly domey protons and neutrons that started out stable. Thrown with a touch of hyzer and 350' of power they are laser beams.

Lots of videos of both types turning and both types holding straight on www.youtube.com/thediscgolfvids

Watch hole 16 on the portage lakes short tees video. Lost that eclipse tangent throwing that same shot at leagues. Eclipses can def turn haha.

Last edited:
Considering that we have already seen 3 different runs with different combinations of plastics, I've got to say that the Tangent is coming out incredibly consistent for a neutral flyer.

I got my first Ace with a Tangent the other day! The hole was on at about 190' dogleg left through the woods. I put it on a nice easy hyzer and it held the perfect line all the way to the basket. I heard a loud CHING and saw the disc sitting in the basket. I absolutely love this disc!

so what approach range does the tangent feel LEAST touchy at? 200ft? 250?

I'm looking for a longer approach disc to replace my z buzzz.
this disc, although understable, still seems a bit stable from videos. Seems it would be nice for dependable long approaches, but not sure.

Hey dude I keep the tangent and the buzzz in the bag. They compliment each other really well

I have flatter protons and neutrons that started out mildly understable. Thrown with a touch of hyzer with 350' of power there will be some movement to the right.

I have slightly domey protons and neutrons that started out stable. Thrown with a touch of hyzer and 350' of power they are laser beams.

preeeeecisely. its alllll about the dome, not the opacity.

i need to buy another brightly colored tangent, im always reluctant to throw my clear proton/ dark blue eclipse/ blue neutron on blind shots..

have to bump this thread to say one thing. If you own a tangent you owe it a one disc round. Holy crap my eyes are open now. It literally did everything i needed today. When i got to the course it was already 88 at 9 am. I did not want to carry my bag for 18 holes so i dropped it and went tangent anode. Hyzer lines check, anny lines check, super dead nuts straight no fade check. 12 under today with two discs. Granted from the short tees in the short pin position but still it was on fire today. It has for sure planted itself in the bag.

i guess i said more than one thing. its fun discovering the magic of a disc when you force yourself to learn it. Gonna play that way more when the course is laid out like this.

i do see the need for something more understable. Man a nice understable anode or tangent out of the box would rock.

Last edited:
I agree with Sweet Glass.

The tangent is very dominant. I used it today on almost every hole at my local 24-hole home course for the first time. It was great! I am really going to start using it more often. I'd like to get an eclipse one soon too!

I'm going to go out and do a Tangent/Tensor/Anode round this weekend. The Tursas and Warship are already well established in my bag, but I am increasingly thinking of them as fairway drivers rather than mids (especially since I have nothing between them and my mvp drivers). As great as the Tangent has been, I'm still not convinced that I need it when I have the awesomeness that is the Anode. Still, it's been really hard to range for a putter and I wonder if the powered down Tangent might suit my needs better. Nothing like watching the laser straight flight as it just soars past the basket...

How does the Tangent do in situations where you'd be well within range with a putter? Nevermind whether you should, just how close have you guys been effectively been throwing it from?

^I am mostly using it off the tee. today it ranged from 170 to 360. on shorter holes where i needed fade out of it to range it was fairly easy to do so as long as i held my release angle as desired. Most of the courses here do not require to approach with a mid. I am usually with in putting range, but if i have the room the suspect is my main approach disc. I need a more stable MVP putter!! Tensor is doing great on powered down approaches too. nice lines with that thing.